Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Goons were right; Takeo owns, and I like how he has a voice deeper and manlier than any FotNS character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
He makes other shoujo male leads seem so crappy in comparison.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

DrPaper posted:

Is this some sort of NTR show?

You're such a weirdo.

Also who is dissing Taichi? You are going on The List. :mad::toughguy:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Neat, Truly Radical.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i dont know what ntr means

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

i dont know what ntr means

cuck lol

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

thats lame

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Chas McGill posted:

He makes other shoujo male leads seem so crappy in comparison.

This forever

The first episode owns bones, can't wait for more of Takeo's deeds to be animated.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Flipped through the first volume again on the john. Still really good. Still really excited. Too excited for pronouns.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Flipped through the first volume again on the john. Still really good. Still really excited. Too excited for pronouns.

Yeah I need to re-read it. I totally forgot that was how he and Yamato met. Blasting through 20 volumes of KnT since reading this one didn't help my memory either

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Just watched the first episode. (I have not read the manga.) It was very good.

I get the feeling Suna might like Takeo. Like as in more than just a friend like. It would be interesting if they go with Takeo and Yamato dating, and Suna silently pining after Takeo. (As long as it doesn't change the tone of the show. That is was what I liked most from the first episode.)

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Mikl posted:

Just watched the first episode. (I have not read the manga.) It was very good.

I get the feeling Suna might like Takeo. Like as in more than just a friend like. It would be interesting if they go with Takeo and Yamato dating, and Suna silently pining after Takeo. (As long as it doesn't change the tone of the show. That is was what I liked most from the first episode.)

I got the sense that Suna just never really paid attention to girls but Yamato somehow made an impression. Could be wrong and maybe he is gay, we'll see.

Manga people please don't spoil whatever it really is, not even in tags.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Takeo...you can't hide.

:allears:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

ViggyNash posted:

I got the sense that Suna just never really paid attention to girls but Yamato somehow made an impression. Could be wrong and maybe he is gay, we'll see.

Manga people please don't spoil whatever it really is, not even in tags.

Maybe Suna's just impressed by a girl who seems to be judging Takeo by his actions and characters instead of by his looks; from the flashbacks he was really blunt towards girls he wasn't interested in and they still fell over themselves because he looks so good.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I am of the opinion that this show's first episode was excellent.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I agree with that opinion

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This was everything I wanted and more. Didn't know that the voice actor for Hikki could do badass, deep-voiced manly men so well. You know who he reminded me of? The dude voicing Avdol.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I wanted to watch the first episode again, so here's a trip report: still good!

I'm really enjoying the voice work. Takeo's VA knocks it out of the park, and everyone else is doing a good job.
I also like the text side-comments by background characters. Sunakawa's in particular are amusing.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Just finished the first episode, found it fairly okayish. The gags are pretty nice I am just worried this might go Kimi ni Todoke S2 on me.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The first episode was good and enjoyable and I am looking forward to the second and the rest.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Just finished the first episode, found it fairly okayish. The gags are pretty nice I am just worried this might go Kimi ni Todoke S2 on me.

It won't.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
I feel like people's assumptions/guesses as to where this story will go say all that needs to be said about the romance manga industry.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Based on first episodes aired alone this will probably be anime of the season and for sure the anime of my heart~

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I am so glad that they captured the proper spirit of the series

Irrationally happy about a well done adaptation

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I really liked the first episode. I can't wait for more.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Twiddy posted:

I feel like people's assumptions/guesses as to where this story will go say all that needs to be said about the romance manga industry.

More or less. It's expected that some sort of love rival will show up to produce as much angst as possible and generally best friends vying for the same person is the stock tactic for that.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Had a look at the first chapter of the manga again and it is almost shot for shot. The only difference, as someone said earlier, is that the folktale about the demons is at the start.

If this fidelity continues, the show will be cool and good.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Just watched it and yep it's good, to nobody's surprise.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Twiddy posted:

Oh I don't read manga, I was just going off the first episode and I got a vibe it could just be "show about misunderstandings".

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
This thread is going to blow up once the next episode hits. Can't wait.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cynic Jester posted:

This thread is going to blow up once the next episode hits. Can't wait.

I'm going to blow up long before then.

Finally had a chance to watch it and there's literally nothing i didn't love about the first episode except maybe the fact that i couldn't immediately watch the next one.

anyway, some gifs i found:

New thread title please

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

First anime in a while I'm debating jumping to the manga since I want to know what happens next so much!

Takeo should be the lead in all shows :allears:

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
More manly than any JoJo and twice as sweet.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Takeo joining the ranks of Sawako and Chihyaya as two of my favorite leads who i fell in love with right out of the gate.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a kitten posted:

New thread title please

I concur.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I can't wait to see more of Takeo's parents. His mum's voice was perfectly chosen.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If I crack up every time just from his dad's face I will know it's a perfect adaptation.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Sakurazuka posted:

If I crack up every time just from his dad's face I will know it's a perfect adaptation.
Second on my list of wished-for Ore Monogatari spinoffs, after a Chihayafuru mashup, is the story of how Takeo's parents got together. Suave nightclub owner and pro female wrestler?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Chas McGill posted:

Second on my list of wished-for Ore Monogatari spinoffs, after a Chihayafuru mashup, is the story of how Takeo's parents got together. Suave nightclub owner and pro female wrestler?

Kick-Heart is secretly a prequel.

• Locked thread