Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I haven't actually gotten around to reading the manga, but I'm really exited about this. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Oh, I missed the part about the same studio as Chihayafuru. That is very promising.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Her voice sounds more like someone trying to do a "cute" grade schooler rather than a high schooler.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Fangz posted:

I need to work hard to stop thinking of Suna as Taichi.
This so much. And maybe it's just me but Yamato looks a bit like the daughter of Chihaya and Sumire.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Fangz posted:

Well, at least Yamato acts pretty differently from either of those. Suna on the other hand....
Yeah, she doesn't act like either of them. Was he Taichi in the manga too? I haven't read it.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

darkgray posted:

Inoue Kikuko as the big sister is making my head spin.

Anyone else think it sounded like she phoned it in this episode? And I mean literally phoned, as in the sound quality of her voice recording was different from the rest of the cast.
Yeah, I thought it sounded weird. My speakers burned recently (literary, smoke came out of one of them) and I used a pair of fairly crappy speakers for a week before loaning a decentish pair from a friend and the first times she talked I thought I still had the crap speakers. Maybe some of the sound mixing went horribly wrong, and no one noticed/fixed it?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That kiss scene was even more disturbing than all of the attempted rape scenes in Strawberry Panic put together. :gonk:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Your mind erased 3-5 scenes (depending how you look at it)? Or maybe attempted sexual assault would be a better description. Let's see: in the forest during the send off, before the date, after the date, after the pool night and before the tennis match.

Just the thought of even something as "mild" as being forcibly kissed like Suna was is... :gonk:
I found that scene horrifying. I mean, I get that it was meant to be funny and can see how, but it just disturbed me too much.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

CrazySalamander posted:

It depends on the laws where you live. Now can we quit discussing creepy stuff?
Good idea. My apologies.

Anyway, I wonder how much money Rinko spends on baking supplies a week. Must be a small fortune.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That training montage was pretty great. :allears:

By the way, are there any good or at least decent anime with a main protagonist who actually is horribly autistic?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

True, but there should be some autistic mangaka who could do it. Or if they have someone who's studied autism a lot to help out with the writing. That'd be interesting.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Watamote maybe? It's certainly a superb look at a broken-brained social outcast. It's also terribly depressing at times in spite of being a comedy on the surface, also really loving funny when it's not being depressing.

Sakurazuka posted:

Watamote and maybe Welcome to the NHK. Though I think pretty much all the ones I can think of only conform to the SA standard of autistic (weird and socially stunted) rather than the actual one.
Thanks for the suggestions, but I've already seen those shows. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Takeo's mom is pretty tough. :stare:

• Locked thread