Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Yep. Looks like this is going to be the best show of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

ViggyNash posted:

The girl looks like a dude. Hell, she probably is a dude.

So? Should that be an issue?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
This show. It's so drat good. The butt tree had me laughing and the part with the beam and afterwards where Takeo is just out of it was hilarious.

drat, this year has some strong contenders for Anime of the year for me with Shirobako first and now this.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
The scene after the credit had me laughing out loud. Everything about this show is so drat good.

Madhouse, please get Morio Asaka to direct more things because he deserves it.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Do it. You know you want to.

I've been thinking of changing my av for a while now. I just can't think of any good text for that.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I love how Yamato's big problem is that she wants to make out with Takeo.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Sakurazuka posted:

For reals those salty cookies would make me throw up, even if they'd been made by someone as cute as Yamato.

Obviously Takeo grinded out his courage stat.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
That's about right. They've actually gotten okay from what I've heard on video quality. They had issues, but they've pretty much fixed those. Sentai's REAL problems are its lack of QC. Their dubs always sound like they did one or two takes and that's it. They've done it a couple of times where a line that is voiced somehow disappears and there's no voice even when something is being said (Golgo 13 and Bodacious Space Pirates both had this). Unfortunately I've also seen this affect sub only releases in a manner, where they straight out forgot to include a sub line (Love Lab).

Sentai would be the worst company if Sirabella wasn't still trying to convince us Media Blasters still exists. Sentai goes for Quantity rather than quality and you can see that when people talk about quality of the product compared to something that NISA puts out. I really wish NISA had grabbed this. All we can hope for is that Sentai doesn't gently caress anything up and we'll get an okay release.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

dogsicle posted:

I'm not sure what benefit a dub could bring over Takeo's Japanese VA but the idea of say...a sub only release straight up missing lines isn't appealing. Sentai also managed to pick up CROWDS and just not include the ending? lol

Yeah, a bad dub can be ignored but botched subs can't. I really hope that they don't gently caress up this release.

The thing with crowds is a little more complex. Sentai licensed the series, but what everyone considers the ending was an OVA/Fixed for Blu-Ray deal that was not included in the original license (probably because it didn't exist yet). What doesn't make sense is that Sentai has not gone back and grabbed this as a stand alone disc release or to include on a new collection.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

dogsicle posted:

I didn't really pay attention to home releases when it was airing, but I thought Sentai only got trigger happy on licenses (e.g. announcing before a show finishes) more recently than that.

No, they've been pretty trigger happy for a while now. Sometimes they will announce a show after it's aired but generally the bulk of their stuff is announced during the season it airs. In Crowds case I'm pretty sure it was close to it being done it right after when they announced the license. So at that point the OVA didn't exist and wasn't in the licensing package.

I know I haven't bought the release
despite loving the show because of not getting that new ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
What the gently caress is wrong with goons who watch this show? Why do you want to turn it from something amazing and sweet, into something disturbing? All of you who think bad poo poo is going/needs to happen, get help, seriously.

• Locked thread