Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I need to work hard to stop thinking of Suna as Taichi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Poil posted:

This so much. And maybe it's just me but Yamato looks a bit like the daughter of Chihaya and Sumire.

Well, at least Yamato acts pretty differently from either of those. Suna on the other hand....

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

This is pretty good, but the background doesn't match, 5/10.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Anime is hardly alone in this. I think Haddon's Curious Case of the Dog in the Night-time is the only realistic autistic protagonist I've seen in any medium.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

For people who read the manga:

Is there actually ever going to be any drama in this show? Or is it going to be the current sort of fluff for the remainder?

I need to temper my expectations.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm quite surprised there want a scene if him starting a fire with sticks. Maybe that's more of an American cliche.

I think Takeo is strong and all, but the survival skills and general good sense required to figure out how to start a fire is more Suna's shtick.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

That said, this latest episode did remind me of some past 'my friend is depressingly stupid' trauma.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

dogsicle posted:

worst case he will probably intimidate them initially before they start to love him

He'll just have to save them from a house fire that Suna will light or something.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I hope we aren't meant to approve of Oda.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Ai deserves better.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I think you are being rather reductive here. It's pretty clear that he both wants Ai to get over her crush on Takeo lest it become something that eats away at her and hobbles her social life and that he also wants her to to get over it so he has a chance at romancing her, just like most people he has both selfless and selfish desires, that is just part of being human. I also think he is right that it would be healthy for Ai to get those feelings out in the open so there are no lingering doubts, better to regret what you know could not be than to both regret what could not be and regret that you could not be open and honest with the person who is so important to you.

I just find it very off the way he is insinuating himself into her life and the lives of her family and friends on the basis, apparently, of her having helped him one time.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Takeo finds out that Yamato has been simply buying cake and baked goods from stores.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

You realise that if this results in breaking up Yamato and Takeo then this would literally ruin Ai's life forever, right? It's also questionable the degree to which Ai wants this 'closure', instead of just quietly and slowly getting over her crush.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

The sad reality is that most (male) viewers aren't like Takeo, or Suna, but really the bunch of random friends Takeo has.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

C-congrats, Takeo.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

korrandark posted:

Is it possible to be a better bro than Suna is?

Be exactly the same, but agree to the kiss practice.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I liked that they sang Happy Birthday, given the recent news.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

What, did the happy birthday people finally lose their lich-like deathgrip on the rights to that song

Not yet, but it's starting to look that way.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/07/filmmakers-fighting-happy-birthday-copyright-find-their-smoking-gun/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Maybe they'll have announced Chihayafuru season three!

• Locked thread