Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

a kitten posted:

I want to go home so I can watch it. :(
Takeo will wait for you because he is the manliest of men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sakurazuka posted:

Volume 4 should be out soon and possibly already is in the US????

Yeah, it's out over here. I think the scanlations might have barely caught up to it but you get the bonus story too which is good.

EDIT: No wait, scanlations are still behind by about 2 or 3 chapters so you're good.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

coathat posted:

It's better than Japanese gibberish

No coathat's actually right on this one. Shokugeki isn't actually a real Japanese word. It combines two kanji together, but that particular combination didn't really exist till the manga started (unless it's some archaic combination that's not in dictionaries).

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Nah, he shows up a bit later. Yamato doesn't even meet him till the end of Volume 3.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Fangz posted:

For people who read the manga:

Is there actually ever going to be any drama in this show? Or is it going to be the current sort of fluff for the remainder?

I need to temper my expectations.

There's some good stuff with Suna soon. At the moment, the more meaty stuff does tend to revolve around Suna since Takeo and Yamato are pretty happy for the most part.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Volume 5 is really good guys. I cheated and skimmed ahead, but I'm pretty excited to see it animated. Volume 5 will be out in two weeks if you can't resist like me.

EDIT: Also yeah, Yamato's parents have shown up. I don't think the anime will reach that point though just because there's a fairly lengthy arc before that, which I also doubt the anime will cover.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 25, 2015

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Takeo's parents are really fantastic though we all already knew that.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sakurazuka posted:

If they keep up the current rate, the anime should cover up to vol 6 so there's probably not enough manga to do much more.

I think there's a good stopping point in vol 5 since vol 6 is pretty much a whole arc, and a lot of things happen in vol 5 too so I can see them padding it out like they did with the first volume. Also I've said it already, but seriously Vol. 5 is just fantastic and everybody should pick it up in two weeks. :3:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Saijou's cute too, yeah.

By the way, Vol. 5's out now if anyone wants to read ahead. It's really good. :3:

The anime will cover it in the next couple of episodes though. Also it has the butt tree so not an anime invention.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

vivisecting posted:

Saijou is Yamato with tits. If she became more obsessed with Takeo, unfortunately they'd be interchangeable. Still, I would like to see them become friends. Maybe both of them would gain some personality.

Also, "I like you as a person, can I call you master"? What the gently caress? Either that is a wonky translation or there are some cultural notes I need to read. Possibly both.

Viz went with Coach which I prefer, mostly because it reminds me of Gunbuster. Also more fitting since she got to know him through sports.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I tried my hand at making a gif since no one else has yet. First time I've done it so it's pretty rough.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The butt tree was the bonus story in Vol. 5 so they probably will.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Volume's 5 and 6 both have decent ending points I want to say. Volume 7 is a whole big arc if I'm counting my chapters correctly, which would take like 3 or 4 episodes.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Captain Invictus posted:

So where are we in relation to the nanga? If someone's up to date with the manga, can you say whether saijou is gone for good or continues to make appearances?

She has yet to make another appearance unfortunately We are near the end of Vol. 5. Anime will probably finish up in Vol. 6 just because the chapters after that are one big arc.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Lot of good giffable moments in this episode I wanna say.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Davincie posted:

what episode corresponds to chapter 12 of the manga, thats where i stopped reading in anticipation of the anime

Episode 14

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
CALM DOWN EVERYONE! TAKEO'S GOT THIS!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I actually thought the pregnancy story was gonna be two episodes since it was two chapters, so I guess we do have room to finish up with that arc I've alluded to.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Trailer for the live action movie. Looks all right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRRlwzgOArY

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The nice thing about Saijou was that she wasn't enamored with Suna so they could actually talk to each other. I'm still mixed on Yukika too, but gonna wait to see how it plays out.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Huh, was not expecting this story arc. They skipped a couple of chapters if I remember right.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Herb Stencil posted:

Good luck with that, searching high and low all the places I've looked haven't had the manga past the bit with saijou :negative:

Official releases is up to the first kiss.

Also for reference, this story arc was the newest chapter when the show first started. Though in hindsight, it's probably works as a good closer for the season. Shame though because I think Yamato's parents happen before this.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It was a good show with the best couple.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Chas McGill posted:

Is there enough material in the manga for another season yet, anyway? The manga seems pretty popular according to my in-depth wiki research:

Nah, this last anime arc basically just finished in the manga a few months ago. Granted, they skipped some stuff (like Yamato's parents!) to get to this arc, but that's not really enough for a full second season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also, it's a monthly manga, so there's really has been only about 2 chapters since cake arc finished, plus the 3 chapters they skipped.

• Locked thread