Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
There was no way I was going to watch this show, you understand, romantic anime is complete and total bullshit.

I already know the plot. Guy likes girl, they take fifteen thousand episodes to resolve that hey, maybe that time we accidentally brushed hands in the second episode was kind of pivotal, perhaps we should think about starting a conversation where we explore the socio-political ramifications of the two of us agreeing that our feelings are somehow involved here.

Then the show actually happened and holy poo poo... HOLY poo poo.

Holy poo poo.

I can't loving stop gushing about how amazing and wonderful and fantastic this show is. I've never, EVER, ever identified with the main character in anime until now.

Granted, Takeo is far more awesome than I was in high school, but that whole dynamic of being the giant guy with the pretty-boy best friend was spot on. Being the eternal cheerleader to your friend's relationships was spot on. Doing all sorts of helpful poo poo while your friend gets the credit was spot on.

The only thing I'm not liking is that this is only getting 24 episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Suna, calm down.

CALM DOWN SUNA!

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Yamato's expressions while holding the baby were loving precious.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Are baby pictures at day 100 a cultural thing in Japan or is that a wider trend? Anyone know?

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Oh, my heart...

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Kurihara was just chillin' in the manner of a thing that just totally chills this episode. That was probably my favorite part, along with Saiju's obligation chocolate gag.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

I had to pause the show here for some uncontrollable laughter. I did some voice work on Saint Seiya as Virgo who's all about being an incarnation of the Buddha and the artists on that show had dozens upon dozens of scenes almost exactly like this, only Virgo is skinny, blonde, and pretty.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I'd watch the hell out of that, even without a translation.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Yeah, Yukika is creepy as gently caress but I'm pretty sure she's going to redeem herself.

One thing that struck me is that she edges close to being the hyper-feminine stereotype playing off Takeo's hyper-masculine stereotype. She's someone that Suna would have to take care of in the same way he takes care of Takeo, but there would most likely be 10,000% less unstoppable saran wrap lust.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

dogsicle posted:

Less lust? Yukika fantasized about taking pics of Suna in the bath lol

Oh, I'd expect the lust, just not the cling film.

Also, did Suna actually keep all of her letters? Is that what was in the drawer when Takeo was trying to talk him in to a double date?

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I've got to remember not to watch this on my lunch break. Jesus, that was probably the most bitter-sweet episode.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Ahhhhh! gently caress! No!

God dammit! I started watching School Live! and knowing that I was going to get a dose of 100% pure Peruvian Flake sugary sweet Monogatai was the only thing keeping me ok after the other shoe dropped on that series. Now this?

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
My feelings about this show can be summed up best as follows:

• Locked thread