Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

NowonSA posted:

Second place goes to Suna's drive-by good for you.

That was great. I thought Suna was in top 'best boy' form this episode. Swanning around, flaunting his bestness everywhere, shameless. Retrieving Takeo's bag after it gets flung away, his little good-natured put down after Takeo lets the other guys join in on Valentines Day, he kept stealing scenes... I like how they handle his disinterest in the other girls so far and I'm pretty excited to see if the show's going explore more that before it ends.

Outside of my apparent crush on a fictional character, what an exuberant and fun episode! Takeo's VA's throat must be killing him! Ore Monogatari: Now features some of the most intense kiss blowing seen in action!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
She's so awkward! I'm kind of glad she recognises the stalking as being pretty creepy even if the other characters brush it off and yea, there much to go on yet other than her being understandably intense about a crush she's been harbouring for the last ten years... I have faith that even if the show doesn't have them date and fall for each other, it'll still be really sweet and good-natured!

Some pretty great confused Takeo faces this week also

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm not a fan of stalker-ey characters so I'm not a fan of Yukika. Suna x Saijou all the way. :colbert:

That's fair, stalking is really creepy so she definitely started on the wrong foot.

And Saijou is very cute

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

The Devil Tesla posted:

This series has a habit of introducing characters that rub you the wrong way at first glance, before becoming your best friend. They're definitely trying for this with Yukika, and clearly laying the groundwork for it. I mean, they already pulled off making Suna's sister likable, I think they'll make Yukika work.

The only thing up in the air is if they'll end up a couple.

Suna's sister was never unlikable, her friend came on a bit strong at first though. Otherwise agree

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Starsnostars posted:

Yukika's grey hair really stands out to me, all the characters have normal hair colours as opposed to pink or blue or whatever so Yukika's grey hair makes her look like an old woman.

That's an interesting point, between that and the sort of played for laughs stalking she does seem to be the most 'cartoonish' of the characters shown so far. Which was a weird thing to write about a show where the main character literally leaps out of a burning building

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

OnimaruXLR posted:

I don't dislike Yukika, but in a show full of S Class Cool Folk it seems weird that someone who is like an A minus at best would get to land the ethereally dreamy Suna

I mean, she's not terrible, but it's like a cheese sandwich getting to date a really fancy piece of pizza

She was sweet and knew animal facts. On the other hand she was cripplingly shy and was a couple steps too intense about her feelings for Suna so... :(

Well, that was sad. I guess I'm glad they didn't force it and are continuing the 'Suna is perfectly fine not dating until he is legitimately into someone' message but yea, sucks for Yukika

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
:( I'm so upset. Takeo, don't listen that jerk! You need to trust Yamato! It's going to be a long sad wait till the final episode

Suna is still the best. I enjoy his sister popping in just whenever too

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Skychrono posted:

There's only one left? Not two? And no episode next week?

That's my understanding, final episode next but it's also delayed by a week. I'm tired so I might be getting it wrong though

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

The cake man eventually accepts that Yamato does not love him, but is still uplifted by her positive energy, and he bakes a huge, delicious cake as an apology, that Takeo, Yamato, Suna and company all eat together.

I hope this is how it ends

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Darth Windu posted:

I hope they all die actually

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Asuron posted:

I'm really sad this anime is over. I don't remember the last time I've watched a show that made me laugh, smile and feel good so consistently and I'm glad something that has the ability to do that exists.

Wonderful, wonderful show that really helped get through a rough couple of months.

Chas McGill posted:

Lovely as usual. Really liked the montage at the end.

Japan needed Takeo in the rugby today...

:agreed: This was a really superb show and I look forward to re-watching it sometime

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

a kitten posted:

I guess I’m small, but maybe I’m a carnivore! Gaaaooooo~

Where are these coming from? Are there more than this and the Gatchaman ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

a kitten posted:

This dude's tumblr:
http://bigjerkart.tumblr.com/

He's a game designer i think, and awesome pixel art guy.

Awesome, thank you!

• Locked thread