Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
I just want to post a million awesome parts of the manga, but I'll resist. If the direction of the gags in Chihahfuru are any indication, this is going to be a perfect adaptation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

maybeflan posted:

Yuki Suetsugu- Chihayafuru

Hahaha, poo poo. Takeo would fit so well in a karuta match. "He gets cooler!?"

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Chas McGill posted:

He makes other shoujo male leads seem so crappy in comparison.

This forever

The first episode owns bones, can't wait for more of Takeo's deeds to be animated.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
He gets cooler!?

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
In true form of breaking the shoujo framework backwards, I want the main couple to not succeed! Well, there's no way I could really hate the Takeo-Yamato goof troop.

Terper posted:

Suna's sister is cool.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Show rules so much. Although seeing that judo match made me really want more hot-blooded karuta animes.

Also, this contained one of my favorite panels from the manga, so it's an A++ episode.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Jeez. I feel embarrassed for the writers on other shoujo stories now. That's how you do drama in a romance story.

The birthday wish scene was adorable. :3:

Next ep: Oh man, one of the best chapters. Can't wait for the scenes with Yamato's friends.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Suna owns

everyone on this show owns

except the groper guy at the beginning I guess.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Eh, Oda's certainly not a great guy, as we see from his college experience. But I'd hardly call him a weird creepy raper guy. I guess the bar has been set so high already for awesome characters that he is a bit disappointingly "that shoujo guy."

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

korrandark posted:

Is it possible to be a better bro than Suna is?

Though I guess in terms of actual anime bros, and not anime bros in a game within the anime, Suna is the king.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Ai is such a good foil to Suna. Loved the Autumn gag. That's So Takeo™!

I hope Saijou comes back soon, I want more awkward not-double date action with Suna.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Sorry it's just gonna be a flashback episode of Mama Sunakawa's adventures in Hawaii.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
If only Mizutama Honey Boy could be that good (It's still good, though).

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
I'm only sad we'll never get to see Takeo's sister doing badass stuff in high school.

until the sequel :getin:

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Takeo's dad gets transferred to another city, so he and Yamato learn karuta from Suna and all promise to meet each other in the national championship someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
This show was so fuckin good. I hate a lot of shoujo tropes, but for some reason I can't get enough of the "calling by first name and blushing" thing so this episode sealed the deal for AOTY (not that it was much of a contest before). I liked pretty much every character which is almost impossible in shoujo stories (except Oda still being shown as a stalker-ish pestering guy at the end, c'mon bro). A solid recommendation for anime newcomers everywhere, right alongside Cowboy Bebop.

Now make Chihayafuru 3 please.

• Locked thread