Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Electronaut
May 10, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

I just applied and got accepted for the new Costco Visa today. So I guess it's time to cut up my Amex issued by my bank and just let them keep jacking that credit limit to the sky.

Not sure about other countries, but in the US if there is no fee on that Amex, I'd let it sit around as it will help your credit history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yeah that's the plan. We've had it since we got married and the credit limit is somehow like 16k now, which is insane to me. I figured I'd cut the physical card up, but it helps my credit by being the oldest line of credit I have and by having a large line that I'm not utilizing. So it'll stay, but I just won't be able to accidentally spend on it and gently caress up my budgeting/rewards.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Hello 4% gas discount nice to meet you.

My fiance added me to her shiny new Costco visa. Shits getting real.

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008
RIP Kirkland Canadian whiskey.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

OutsideAngel posted:

What? WHAT???

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

OutsideAngel posted:

You sure it wasn't temporary? The higher quality bourbon was gone for a month but then it came back.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm always a bit worried my favorite only-at-costco stuff will go away and never come back. It happened when I was a kid with Sinai Kosher dogs, and I've never fully trusted them since.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Does Kirkland have good frozen lasagnas? This is very important.

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

You sure it wasn't temporary? The higher quality bourbon was gone for a month but then it came back.

I was told it is being discontinued.

Hopefully it does come back with a new label or something, though, cause that stuff was awesome for the price.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

They have good fresh ones that you could freeze. (They are not cheaper than the grocery store though)

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

No freezing needed.

http://www.costco.com/60-Total-Serv...1&storeId=10301

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

OutsideAngel posted:

I love being out here on the east coast where we can only get liquor in loving liquor stores and we are even gouged on the stuff thats made here and the cheapest case of beer is $25.75 holy loving jesus what a spot to be an alcoholic.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
My dad won't stop telling me about Costco selling cigars now.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pesticide20 posted:

Oh poo poo.. I wonder if it's just the ones with liquor stores

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like that they have new Criterion bluray releases on a regular basis.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

marauderthirty posted:

Oh poo poo.. I wonder if it's just the ones with liquor stores

My Costco sells cigars but not liquor here in Oregon

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Pesticide20 posted:

The most dad thing ever?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Costco here seems to sell Bluray at the fake MSRP that every manufacturer sells way below. So they're like $10 more than anywhere else.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Was disappointed today to see that Costco no longer carries the Bolthouse 100% carrot juice and instead had some really expensive kale and vegetable juice in its place.

The place near me also finally put up the calories on their fast food restaurant items, so now I know never to order the 700+ calorie per slice cheese pizza again.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Ballast Point Sculpin variety pack? Don't mind if I do.

OutsideAngel posted:

The one in the crown royal looking bottles?

Mine had it today. I think it's poo poo though.

I haven't seen the Kirkland Tennessee Whiskey in a bit. I thought that was tasty.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Inspector 34 posted:

My Costco sells cigars but not liquor here in Oregon

Where in Oregon if you don't mind my asking? I'm a cigar smoker and it just never occurred to me to look in Costco since I thought they only sold cig cartons.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Male Tears posted:

Was disappointed today to see that Costco no longer carries the Bolthouse 100% carrot juice and instead had some really expensive kale and vegetable juice in its place.

The place near me also finally put up the calories on their fast food restaurant items, so now I know never to order the 700+ calorie per slice cheese pizza again.

:stonk:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
To be fair, one slice is 1/4 of an 18" pizza. Fucker's huge.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

1/6

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
All it takes is a single napkin (okay probably two) to cut that down to like 400 calories though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but then you need to put some kind of condiment on the napkins so they taste good, and we're back to square 1.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

When I was a kid it was 1/4 :allears:. $1.50 for 1/4 of an 18 inch pizza and a drink with unlimited refils, god those were the days. Top it off with a churro and a new computer game on my birthday, good times

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

You are truly a Slaanesh worshipper

KoB
May 1, 2009
hmm weird, the pizza with a solid inch of cheese is a lot of calories.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Super Waffle posted:

When I was a kid it was 1/4 :allears:. $1.50 for 1/4 of an 18 inch pizza and a drink with unlimited refils, god those were the days. Top it off with a churro and a new computer game on my birthday, good times

63.6 square inches of pizza for $1.50
The 6th is only 42.4 square inches

Assuming I remember math correctly. I'm no math geek but I thought that would be fun to figure out

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
How many cubic inches of delicious melted cheese?

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

Costco here seems to sell Bluray at the fake MSRP that every manufacturer sells way below. So they're like $10 more than anywhere else.

Yeah their media prices have never been great, which seems odd.

Also I'm off work for the week so that means :rock: NON-WEEKEND COSTCO CROWDS :rock:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Sauntered up to the Visa kiosk they had set up at my local motherfuckin' COSTCO to sign up for my credit card cause drat that cash back looks nice. Walked away with a card with a $4,000 limit. What the gently caress?! My credit ain't that great, COSTCO, maybe you should have checked that. Whatever, buying a bedroom set for 3k later!

Does COSTCO have options for assembly? Cause gently caress if I'm putting together my own bed.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Grem posted:

My credit ain't that great, COSTCO, maybe you should have checked that. Whatever, buying a bedroom set for 3k later!

Just wanted to say i enjoyed this sequence of words

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive
Are the salmon burgers located in the freezer section or? I haven't seen them when I've went these past few times.
My brother started working at the first costco in our state so I got that sweet sweet free family membership. That $1.60-2.30/gallon of milk is worth it alone, considering everywhere else is $3.00+.

The granola bars are pretty good too.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Lullabee posted:

Are the salmon burgers located in the freezer section or? I haven't seen them when I've went these past few times.
My brother started working at the first costco in our state so I got that sweet sweet free family membership. That $1.60-2.30/gallon of milk is worth it alone, considering everywhere else is $3.00+.

Last time I was there they only had COD burgers they are indeed in the frozen foods section.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Ammanas posted:

Just wanted to say i enjoyed this sequence of words

Costco does bankruptcy in bulk!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Lullabee posted:

Yup. Bought a pack Friday.

Last time I went they didn't have them though. Must be a stock thing.

Found some cool looking cognac in a bottle for 37.99 but didn't buy it because I don't really drink so I dunno if I'd like cognac or not. Spiffy bottle though.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Last time I was there they only had COD burgers they are indeed in the frozen foods section.

It rotates between cod, perch, pollock and salmon depending on season or stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForceKin
Dec 22, 2009

I finally got a membership for my boyfriend and myself. They managed to spell both of our last names wrong on the cards.

The food is great, the discounts are great, but the rumors that it's a more pleasant shopping experience than Walmart don't seem to apply at my local store. We saw lots of uncontrolled children, angry old people, and 2 scooterfats. The place was surprisingly crowded for a weekday afternoon.

It was worth it for the awesome frozen spanakopita, cheap milk, and enough toilet paper to last a few months.

• Locked thread