Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kin posted:

I guess it's just my (albeit limited) impression of who Daredevil is. Like, he's not some super rich dude able to pull together some expensive looking modified body armour in order to look like he's out of something like Kickass, and is instead just a guy (with powers) chucking on some red poo poo and beating the tar out of the lowlifes ruining his street to gently caress up the plans of the guy running the show.

Matt Murdock is a lawyer, one of the best paid professions in America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x01

Holy gently caress just finished the first episode this is my favourite TV thing of all the things. The fight scenes are brutal, the lead trio are all so perfect (especially Charlie Cox) and that final montage was absolutely beautiful.

I only have time for 2 more episodes before work :negative:

e: Oh yeah stunning opening credits as well

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x02

So I think Matt just killed that guy with a fire extinguisher :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x02

aaaaaaa that fight scene oh my god

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Godammit work, I don't want to stop watching :cry:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This show is like Arrow and the Wire made hot TV sex and produced a baby

1x06
The last couple of episodes have been totally enthralling. The comparison being drawn between Murdoch and Fisk is so great. Each man is the flip side of the other, aiming for the same goal for the same reasons with the same emotions but in completely opposite directions. The Russian bombings were totally shocking and all the fallout was brutal.

I can't believe the show got me to cheer for the final stand of a sex trafficking drug dealer :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x08

The reveal of young Wilson staring at the wall and how that ties into Rabbit in a Snowstorm is fantastic

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x09

The Hand

Matt and Vanessa

Matt and Fisk!

Dat fight scene

Flaming ninja

FOGGY KNOWS

There's no :stare: in the world big enough

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Episode 10 is like an entire episode of :cry:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x12

Aaaa Gao is totally there for Iron Fist set up :aaaaa:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x12

BEN NOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Guys I'm really confused, I just finished episode 13 and it was great but now it's not carrying through to the next episode, please advise :confused:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x13

Am I the only one who thought that final beat with Karen and Matt outside was the office was her figuring out he was Daredevil?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hollismason posted:

Wait they still haven't named who is playing Danny Rand have they?

It's the last series coming out so they haven't started to work on it. I don't think they've even got a showrunner for it yet.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kater posted:

Was there ever anything to implicate Gau in poisoning Fisk's girl or was that all just Leland blustering? I'm not sure it matters, but if they left it completely ambiguous and I'm not just dumb that's really cool.

Leland and Gao arranged it together to take out Vanessa. They intimate as much just before Gao leaves for mystical wherever.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

I was curious about that myself. Cultural cachet is huge for sub services, HBO loves it when one of their shows breaks into the Zeitgeist and SNL and Sesame Street start doing parodies of it. HoC and OtiNB have had their share of that, but I haven't seen much of DD out there, though it is early yet. I know it's doing well in internet nerd circles, and I hope that it will resonate with a mainstream audience.

It's starting to gain ground with my friends and work buddies (who are not, on the whole, giant nerds like us) so I think it's on the rise. With how good the show is, I think it'll get to that zeitgeist point eventually. Perhaps Age of Ultron will give it a profile boost as well.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ben dying was the only way his story arc could have ended. He's an old school reporter invested in a dying medium doing a type of journalism that is a dying art. Ben's type of journalism doesn't work on the internet not unless he's writing articles like 'Top 6 Possible Identities of Daredevil'. Ben represents the whole of print journalism, there's no place for him in the modern world so he had to die just as newspapers and magazines are dying.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mikeraskol posted:

They need a much clearer vision going into season 2

They're not the only ones :rimshot:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

You know I don't think we've had anything official about Bullseye actually being in this season.

It seemed like a lock before they cast the loving Punisher, but now?

Yeah if we're getting the Punisher then I don't want Bullseye as well. There's enough characters already that having both Bullseye and the Punisher would prevent either one from getting the time they deserved. Save him for season 3.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hakkesshu posted:

I can definitely see it being put into the same drawer as the Ed Norton Hulk in that they'd rather forget it ever existed.

We know Thunderbolt Ross is definitely in Civil War

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jedit posted:

Nobody likes Hulk when he's Ang Lee.

:golfclap:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
People in this thread not showing enough respect to Earth's Scientist Supreme :colbert:

God that was dumb

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That's a really slickly made teaser. The tone is just the right mix of positive and disturbing, gives me decent hopes for the series.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HIJK posted:

I stopped watching Agents after the turgid hostage exchange episode left me in a temporary coma, did it ever improve?

Started a slow improvement from there which suddenly ramped up into 'goddam ace' around episode 1.16 and has never looked back

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pennfalath posted:

Netflix gave us some key-art (Dutch article, but you don't need to understand Dutch to see the picture). http://www.geekster.be/primeur-allereerste-key-art-jessica-jones/

This is not a trailer :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Guys, I keep poking my calendar but it's not November 20th yet what do I do please help

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Apoplexy posted:

Its delivery date is a year away, minimum. A year ago did we have every detail of Jessica Jones hammered out? I say extreme pessimism is a little absurd, at this point. Marvel has this poo poo down, man. They'll find a lead and they'll have a showrunner and they'll have a broad outline of the series down before summer.

Nerds freak out and see conspiracies at the first hint of things going wrong, news at eleven.

I mean, just look at everyone going nuts in the Flash thread about how the show is definitely hanging by a thread and it's going to be cancelled in a year's time to make space for the movie.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I booked the 20th off, gonna be :f5:ing my computer come 8am :getin:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

tsob posted:

When does it drop for those of us in the EU then?

8am UK time

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rocksicles posted:

Who's on the marathon crazytrain?

I did it with a few others on here for Daredevil. Hated life for a week afterwards.

I am, should be finished in time for dinner :getin:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My body is ready

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
IT'S HAPPENING

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1X01

The way they depict Jessica's flashbacks/nightmares are fantastically creepy. The one where he came in and licked her made my skin crawl :gonk:

Loving it so far, the tone and feel of the world is so good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x02

LESTER FREAMON!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x02

Luke being so bored by this barfight is hilarious

Somebody fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Nov 20, 2015

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
These opening credits look cooler every time.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x03

:supaburn::supaburn: SWEET CHRISTMAS SPOTTED :supaburn::supaburn:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x04

I thought the whole normal couple hunting down a gifted person was a bit too Heroes Reborn but the resulting scene of Jessica yelling at them to get over their crap just about made it worthwhile.

Right, time to nip off to the shop for supplies then back for more.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x05

Show would be better if Krysten Ritter was always in the hoagie costume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x05

Oh god Tennant is playing Kilgrave as the Tenth Doctor but a psycho :stonk: