Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MrAristocrates posted:

1x06: Kilgrave peeling back the wallpaper :tviv:

1x06

I knew what was going to be behind there and it was disturbing as hell. This is the :gonk:iest show I've ever seen

I think I share a lot of similarities with Jessica and I can't work out if that's a good or a bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DeafNote posted:

Man everyone is making this sound bleaker than a season of Hannibal

This is pretty loving bleak. I feel like my whole day is diving into misery and pain and despair.

Oh well, onto the next episode!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x08

That ending. I was staring at one bit of debris for ages before I realised I was looking at an arm :stare:

I really like how they touched on the potential for using Kilgrave's powers for good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x09

Ooh, the reveal of his mum being in the support group was very nicely done

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x10

WHAT THE gently caress, SIMPSON?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x10

WHAT THE gently caress, HOPE?!?!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x11

That fight in Jess's apartment was brutal. Season better finish with Trish on the path to becoming Hellcat

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x12

Oh god the shears gently caress gently caress gently caress

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x13

I feel like I've spent the whole day having my chest kicked in.

I'm not sure exactly how I feel about this show yet. I'm not sure love is the right word, I don't know if you can love something that causes so much visceral disgust and horror. At the same time it's one of the most emotionally powerful pieces of television I've seen in a long, long time. The obvious comparison to make is with Daredevil but even there I don't know how to match them. Daredevil was better crafted for sure and there's no one moment in Jessica Jones to match the strength of Nelson vs. Murdock but overall Jessica Jones gave me a much stronger reaction that I imagine will stick with me longer. It was fantastic, it was gutwrenching and I don't think I ever want to rewatch it.

I'm amazed at how much of a downbeat ending that was. I expected after all that we'd at least get the catharsis of everyone finishing up happy but even with Kilgrave dead Jess still hates herself, Luke's hosed off to his own show, Trish's mum is still a horrible bitch and Trish is nosing around in secrets that will inevitably ruin her life somehow.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

twistedmentat posted:

Is the Cop supposed to be anyone? I don't recognize the name, but he feels like he should be someone

1x13

If you really want to know the cop is Nuke

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Regy Rusty posted:

1x06 Kilgrave just went through ridiculous lengths to legitimately buy Jessica's childhood home. This guy is insane what the gently caress

1x06

I really liked the undercurrent where Kilgrave is really good at manipulating people to do what he wants even without his power

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
1x1 to 1x13

I think what is so disturbing about the show is the sheer banality of the horror of Kilgrave's mind control. After the first few episodes it seems you can't go more than ten minutes without seeing another example of how Kilgrave has completely hosed up somebody's life. Kilgrave doesn't think about the consequences of controlling someone but the show does and explores them to the full extent. I'm talking about moments like the dad being charged with child abandonment or the image of a room of scientists working while they poo poo themselves or Trish still trying to shove a bullet through her forehead. And then there's Tennant's casual performance, he makes people do incredibly horrific things with as much thought as ordering food at a restaurant and all of this poo poo just keeps on going. The show doesn't let up once until the end, it's rough as hell to go through.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Junkfist posted:

It was Daredevil except not as good and written by Joss Whedon disciples and a Dexter writer.

Someone casually says "Big Bads".

Daredevil was literally created and showrun by two former Joss-show writers.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah right from the start Simpson was mansplaining about how Jessica/Trish couldn't possibly fight Kilgrave without him and was insisting they needed his protection. Simpson's arc is one of the most amazing deconstructions of patriarchal thinking going, especially cause it shows how those same attitudes are just as destructive for men as for women.

gohmak posted:

Since when the gently caress does it not?

Please explain how seeing Krysten Ritter's boobs would add anything to the plot or themes of the show.

Rarity fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 30, 2015

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Drifter posted:

being horrified at being forced to do horrendous things they wouldn't otherwise do (coat guy excluded).

Hey, it was a really nice coat :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Barry Convex posted:

Buck on Iron First is official now.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/25516/scott_buck_to_showrun_the_netflix_original_series_marvels_iron_fist?linkId=19388163

Guess they haven't decided whether it's late 2016 or 2017 yet, as there's no date given at all.

I'm so glad people can't go Chicken Little about it being canned any more

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

Luckily, now they're Chicken Littling over the showrunner.

It's not like the Marvel/Netflix connection hasn't proven itself with critical and commercial success and :suicide:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Barry Convex posted:

Yes, but they'd be April and June/July premieres, respectively, if they go by the same timetable as DD S1 and JJ. So In theory, there's room for a third show later next year, though it's by no means a sure thing.

JJ premiered last month though :confused:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Look at the last two pages of posts

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Apoplexy posted:

Netflix Marvel news: The Punisher may very well be getting his own series with Bernthal in the role. Everyone is pleased.

Yet Jessica Jones S2 remains unannounced :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

Yet Jessica Jones S2 remains unannounced :negative:

Netflix reads this thread :tinfoil:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Botnit posted:

Also with Cage leaving this is the whitest show (not) on TV.

Malcolm and the guy who left his kid on the street, just off the top of my head.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:supaburn: So drat hype

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jscolon2.0 posted:

True. His kills aren't mostly minorities at all.

Wrap it up folks, we're done here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I look forward to deep discussions into the difference between pins and brooches

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

counterfeitsaint posted:

GRRM was such a quick and efficient writer before the show started, it was probably all HBOs fault he'll never publish anything again and not his own massive ego or the fact that his had to turn his trilogy into a seven book monstrosity that will be half the size of the library of congress if it was ever finished.

His efficiency slowed down 10 years before the show started after ASOS

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

I guess I was addled by the idea that JJ looked cheap.

I was addled cause it was PriorMarcus. That was top work, well done.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I decided to take Friday off as holiday. Going to watch so much Daredevil :getin:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Clocks have changed in US but not UK so should be 7am GMT

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My body is ready

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's just gone breakfast time, I've got the whole day to get through this :toot:

E1x01

Every season of every Marvel Netflix show must have a new Black Detective

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
E1x01

AAAA DAREDEVIL AND PUNISHER ARE FIGHTING ON MY TV THIS IS AMAZ

wait what

what the gently caress

gently caress!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
E2x02

The guy said the thing from the comics!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
E2x02

Geez Foggy, way to totally blow your buddy's secret vigilante identity

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ep2x03

Holy poo poo, best episode of the show so far

The moral conflict between Frank and Matt had the dramatic intensity of Nelson vs Murdock and then that Hallway 2: Stairway Boogaloo was absolutely amazing

Somebody go back and quote the guy who was worrying about the fight scenes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
2x04

Melvin's getting his Gladiator outfit :neckbeard:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
2x04

I really like how they've handled the romance between Matt and Karen. It's slow and awkward and real and makes the CW's CONSTANT! DRAMATIC! CONVERSATIONS! look like trash

I have to run to the shop to buy food now godammit

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
2x05

Foggy is the best Foggy. There is no need for any other Foggys because this one is right here

e: Dat gym flashback :stare::fh:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Mar 18, 2016

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
2x05

Elektra is psycho hot AND HOLY poo poo SHE KNOWS HE'S DAREDEVIL AAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~