Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

quote:

Following the weak Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the better, but barely watched, Agent Carter series

Agents of Shield has been loving great since the last half of season 1, this guy should probably go and finish the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Rocksicles posted:

Don't blame him, Starz are the ones dragging their feet, he tried to get them onboard for well over a year.

his tweet today cracked me up. Showrunner with no time for dickheads

Steven DeKnight @stevendeknight · 18h
Watch and see. Or go ahead and gently caress off. Either way I'm good. RT @ArsenalPie: I hope Daredevil is more 'early Spartacus' as opposed to the disgrace we got in the later seasons.

I'm without words.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mrking posted:

There's no way this can live up to the episode long fight from Banshee is there? :ohdear:

I don't think anything can ever reach Banshee levels, Strike Back and Spartacus are close.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

LORD OF BUTT posted:

The showrunner is the guy who created Spartacus, so this'll probably be close

The showrunner is the guy who created Spartacus, so this'll probably be close

Oh gently caress me I forgot about that. :sweatdrop:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Cock status: Raging

Angry Sky Status: Raining Blood :black101:

Deakul fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 3, 2015

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Error 404 posted:

Yeah, it's not really definable. While there were definitely episodes and moments that wowed me, it was never actually "good" more like it was fun and entertaining as gently caress to the point its flaws didn't matter.

Jupiter's Cock.

Incorrect.
It was genuinely fantastic.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

zoux posted:

Here's the AV Club reveiw B-, but it seems his problems were mostly matters of taste and nothing dealbreaking.

AVClub hasn't been the best source for reviews in a while, I feel, since Sepinwall left.
The reviewers they have are all pretty biased by way of political views mostly, they basically end up letting one thing in a tv show's episode define the entire thing for them.(going by The Good Wife, Agents of Shield, and Shameless)

Just feels like they've become unprofessional in a way, immensely nitpicky, or maybe it's because they use a terrible rating system.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

zoux posted:

Bro Sepinwall never wrote for AV Club.

Huh, didn't he? Could've sworn he did.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

hcreight posted:

Nah, he wrote for a newspaper/ran a personal blog before he went to Hitfix. Are you thinking of Todd Vanderwerff maybe?

I don't know, I could've sworn it was Alan.
Maybe I'm just dumb and trying to find a reason why AVClub has been so crap for about a year now.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Depending on how good the show is, I could see binging it on a weekend... leaking into Monday for maybe an episode or two.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh my god, YES.
YESYESYESYESYESESYES

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Thomas Jane Punisher owned, haters exit stage left.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mind the walrus posted:

I'm gonna be that guy, I didn't like D'onofrio as Kingpin. That raspy voice he affected just did not work for me and undercut everything else that was on-point.

This is the worst opinion I've ever seen in the history of The Something Awful Forums. :stare:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mclast posted:

Season one never got better than 'just ok,' season two starts out Fitz dealing with brain damage after the S1 finale and it owns so hard.

No, no, no.

Season 1 improved DRAMATICALLY by the time Turn, Turn, Turn rolled around.
It was loving awesome.

It started getting good with The Bridge, it had a couple more hiccups but it was mostly pretty good and then Turn, Turn, Turn happens and it was just so good and never really stopped getting better.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Test Pattern posted:

It's direct-to-Netflix. They get alllll the fucks they want. And given that the two trailers so far have been "Jessica is hungover" and "Jessica likes to drink and fight," to say nothing of how insanely brutal DD was, I don't imagine they're going to be going light on ANYTHING.

I kind of doubt that they'll have much swearing since DareDevil had very little, it'd make no sense for one show in the shared universe to have swearing and the other not.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

And if they're really following Alias at all, she doesn't fly cause she never fully learned how to do it well, iirc.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Snak posted:

Also I just wanted to re-iterate: I am so psyched for Jon Bernthal as Punisher in DD season 2. I've been re-watching The Walking Dead and he absolutely nails "barely controlled smoldering rage" in a lot of his scenes.

He was literally the only good thing about TWD, the show died with him.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Isn't Iron Fist after Luke Cage? So that's probably at least another year or two away.(or three, they can just make second seasons of JJ and LC, no?)

I don't know why people are panicking.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Angel is amazing but it definitely has its ups and downs.

The Jasmine arc and Connor are some of the worst things in the Buffverse though, unfortunately.
But it also has Fred, Illyria, and Wesley who are some of the best characters in the Buffyverse with some of the best arcs ever.

It was definitely a show that was literally just finding its feet when it got cancelled cause Joss was an overzealous dick that poked the bear that was The WB.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Hah, I misread and thought it was about Angel (by Joss Whedon). This being a Marvel thread.

Still not applicable like at all but great bait, mate.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

radlum posted:

Sounds good, but also fairly generic; have so many episodes been made available for critics?

I don't think I'd call it generic at all especially considering the medium it's in.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The production looks surprisingly cheap and Ritter looks bored as hell.

Shrug?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

zoux posted:

There's a rumor circulating and it's just a rumor so keep perspective, that a Punisher series is going to replace the proposed Iron Fist one.

Hm...
I'm ok with this.

Also makes more sense in the context of the Netflix Marvel Universe, Iron Fist is likely too fantastical for it.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 28, 2015

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Snak posted:

I mean, I'm one of the people who thinks that Punisher: War Zone is the best live-action feature-film adaption of the character, so...

edit: ^It would be pretty cool to do like an anthology of a bunch of different writer/directors doing one-shots of Frank's origin.

It totally was.
Ray Stevenson was a great Frank.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Honestly, this is kind of Strange to me because well, Doctor Strange will be a thing before Iron Fist even comes out so it'll open those doors, won't it?

Also, what the hell, where's the episode titled "Jewel and the Power Man"? :(

Deakul fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Nov 2, 2015

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Booze booze booze, man, this is going to be a fun show to drink to.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Pretty intro, very intense and gives me a very noire vibe.

Is there a set time in which Netflix usually uploads their series? Like maybe midnight tonight? (EST)

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

zoux posted:

Midnight PST so you just have to stay up until three.

Crap, guess I'm watching it in the morning then. :negative: :smithicide: :smith: :geno: :qq: :(

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

It's interesting that the show is made and written by the woman who did the Twilight movies, I don't know if I can judge writers based off of their past works anymore.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Watched the whole season spread out since Friday.

Great show, I might like it more than Daredevil!... But, I'd have to rewatch Daredevil to say for sure.
It was incredibly hard to binge, I had to take breaks between every almost every episode. :ohdear:

I actually never fully bought Krysten Ritter as Jessica but I suppose she'll eventually grow on me with more time, I don't know... something about her never clicked with me.

Everyone else was pretty much on point though, great performances all around with a notable mention towards Mike Colter who is a natural fit for Luke Cage and of course David Tennant acted circles around everyone.

Great finale too, better than Daredevil's.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Robyn was a legitimately annoying and terrible character, the people defending her are weirdos.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Marvel hates black people.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

TV shows are all poo poo, especially the ones with Game of Thrones and Daredevil in the title.

hth

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Apoplexy posted:

Watch half of Full Metal Jacket immediately.

Are you dumb?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Sweet Christmas! :neckbeard:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

jivjov posted:

And SHIELD stopped being mediocre about 2/3rds of the way through season 1, became awesome and has been getting better ever since.

Dude, you can't say anything good about AoS on SA, it's against the rules!

It's poo poo and will always be poo poo and so is anything Whedon related.

:ssh:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

BrianWilly posted:

Preview clip of a Yakuza fight.

It's...uh...it's not that good? :sweatdrop: I feel like portions of it got cut out or something. I dunno. Is it the choreography itself? Something seems off about it.

50 second fight, looked fine to me.
Could do with more billy club ricochets though!

Deakul fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Mar 14, 2016

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

zoux posted:

Season 2 gets a B+ from the AV Club, they said that Punisher and Elektra were particularly strong.

That's surprising coming from that cess pool of a website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Barry Convex posted:

Oh, please. Some of their critics are better than others, but they're great overall.

No, they aren't.
They're a bunch of pretentious knobs that get hung up on minute details and let that determine the overall grade of an episode or series.

And then they also cater to their own stupid community by constantly bringing up shipping and general tumblr crap.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 17, 2016