Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Gaz-L posted:

I think the AIDS thing was actually Smith trying to actually cover the topic, not just a shock-value thing. He introduced an HIV positive character in Green Arrow also.

He created Speedy but it was Winnick that made her HIV positive years later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Deadpool posted:

Actually JJ invented Alias. Not long after Felicity.

But I thought Marc Guggenheim invented Felicity :confused:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

PriorMarcus posted:

He is both missing out on and experiencing something amazing. Kind of feels like a waste.

Blind guy dating extremely hot girl is pretty faithful to the property, IMHO.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Not Sofia Boutella from Kingsmen, but acceptable.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Gaz-L posted:

"I meant I was in a sorority, you moron!"

Pledging Psi Psi Psi as a legacy.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

Electra is going to be so annoyingly cliche isn't she. Are they going to flirt while they fight?

With Seesaws and Basketballs, ideally.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Snak posted:

Yeah, but Blade 3 has Ryan Reynolds saying "Cock-juggling thunder-oval office" which is almost worth the entire rest of the movie. That whole interrogation scene really. The movie is unforgivably bad though. Like, why does Jessica Biel have a lightsaber? Why does Whistler die fighting cops?!

Also Triple H is in it. I'm not sure if that's a positive or a negetive. It just is.

It wasn't a lightsaber. It was a bow where the string was made out of lasers. Sheesh.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

I will gladly be the showrunner for Iron Fist, Marvel. Hire me!

It'll just be Fraction's run adapted, but that's what you should be doing anyway!

Are you Yuen Wo Ping? Because if not, step off.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

enraged_camel posted:

It's pretty clear that his commands work at the literal level, so if he isn't very clear then he can slip. He told Trish to put a bullet in her head, and Trish was able to fulfill that by placing one in her mouth, which is technically inside her head. He also told the real estate guy to remove his dad from the face of the Earth, and that guy's solution was to literally cut up his dad and feed the parts to the garbage disposer.

Or the implied "Don't Blink" to the Chef/Maid & "Don't Move" to Hope in bed.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

A white Mandarin?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Will stop by the address and take photos soon. Hope I'm not arrested?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, yeah. The majority of the still living primary cast is white. But that's a problem with TV and Jessica Jones actually had a bunch of black characters in S1, could bring in more in S2, and will presumably have Malcolm and maybe a returning Cage in S2. It seems like a weird show to single out.

I mean, Daredevil was way whiter.

They even whitewashed Kingpin!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Soothing Vapors posted:

gently caress Punisher. He's a disgrace to heroes, police, and military men.

True. His kills aren't mostly minorities at all.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

According to some brief Googling, the only Greek actress in Hollywood (and we are stretching it here) under 35 is Sasha Grey.

Not how I would have used "Greek", " stretching it here", and "Sasha Grey" in a sentence, but OK.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

tsob posted:

So can we assume from his "it'll be lots of action" and previous "it's nothing like the Luke Cage you knew" quote it'll be a grim n' gritty re-imagining in the vein of Daredevil and Jessica Jones? Can we just get one decent superhero show that's actually funny and light? I doubt even Iron Fist will be.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Chokes McGee posted:

Hey so that was pretty cool.

Can we go ahead and kick a hooker out of a window, though? The faster we get to Typhoid Mary the faster I can start mainlining this show directly into my veins via IV.

Nobu's redhead lieutenant is totally going to be Typhoid Mary next year.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

bobjr posted:

So if Elektra is the Black Sky, what was the deal with that kid from the first season? Can there be more than one?

Assume Black Sky just means Treasure from the Elektra movie.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Gyges posted:

Three Dogs of War were killed in Delaware and the DA was trying to link Frank to the crime so she could extradite him to a death penalty state. This fell through as they couldn't link Castle to the three deaths.

Seriously, the DA is one of the worst criminals so far in Daredevil. At least Kingpin and the rest kill out of greed or for a larger goal. The DA is covering up crimes, getting innocent people killed, and then trying to kill a war hero who survived the massacre of his family just so she doesn't have to deal with bad press. The Russian who got his head caved in by Fisk in season 1 was more sympathetic than her.

To be pedantic, Delaware doesn't have the death penalty. But if Frank crossed state borders to commit his crimes, it'd subject him to federal jurisdiction and the federal death penalty. Which is what I think gets said on the show too.

Them again, the repeal of the death penalty was super recent so it may have been in force when the script was written.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

I've head retconned it as not all Hand ninjas are already dead, and the ones that haven't, still have beating hearts but all of them breathe.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Next year's inside reference for New Yorkers, Pizzarat.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

BiggerBoat posted:

Stilt Man! The Toad!

Yeah, DD has a pretty lame rogues gallery for sure. Punisher and Electra count. Typhoid Mary, The Owl, Purple Man, The Jester, Gladiator...The Hand, Mr. Fear. Turk.

DD is at his best when he's just busting up regular mooks.

And just for reference, Owl, Gladiator, and Turk have all appeared already. Owl was the finance guy in S1, Turk is the recurring arms dealer/informant who had the ankle monitor in S2, and Gladiator is Melvin the guy who builds Daredevil's armor and weapons.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Doctor Butts posted:

Foggy and Marci forever and ever.

Foggy is a 4, turning down an 8, to chase a 9. It's infuriating.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Ensign_Ricky posted:

So in the Ladies of Netflix Marvel scale that seems to be being formed here, where do Elektra, Jessica, Claire, and Trish factor in?

Way to leave off Hope and Hogarth's top heavy assistant.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Red posted:

Without going back on Netflix at work, I don't remember if he listened to them breathing, or to their weapons cutting through the air.

I don't think they're undead, since they stay down when stabbed or shot - except Nobu.

I'd wager they just have a method of self-control or masking to aid them, likely trained in advance of encountering Stick, who relies on echolocation. If they're more than that, it'll be revealed next season.

The ninja that died at the hospital had already been autopsied. The Hand can resurrect its members. They just can't resurrect themselves.

Matt has shown himself as needing to filter sounds by type, to not get overwhelmed. It makes perfect sense to me that having never fought semi-undead before, he wouldn't think to listen on a breath "spectrum" rather than heartbeats, since regular people do both.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

marktheando posted:

The ninjas were bad because they were boring undeveloped characters, not because ninjas are inherently bad. You go from interesting well developed villains like Kingpin and Punisher to cardboard cutouts.

Pretty much. The Hand part sucked because Nobu doesn't have the character or charisma to pull it off. Elektra next season should be better.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Dr. Doom
Whitey

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

WarLocke posted:

Someone post the image of Luke Cage beating Dr. Doom's rear end for his $200

On an unrelated note, anyone on SA-Mart still making custom printed t-shirts?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

I always loved the idea that nobody had thought to hit Doom in the same spot more than once before, and that Doom has to escape so often the route to his secret path is worn in the floor.

Thing is not the brightest guy.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Kegslayer posted:

I would pay a shitload of money to see Jessica Jones as the Bitch in Apartment 23 or vice versa.

There are differences?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Tagichatn posted:

So when Cage gets into legal trouble will he be represented by Matt Murdock or Alicia Florrick?

Trinity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's possible to both impressed by a woman and upset that you didn't get to see her rear end

Nice username/post combo.