Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Isn't he supposed to be like a lovely public defender ala Jimmy from BCS though? Or is that just something I've made up in my mind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Going to watch this tomorrow but just popping in to say thanks for changing the Netflix rules. It's nice to be able to come in and see people's reactions without having to avert your eyes every time you think you see someone talking about the actual episodes.

Speaking of reactions, my friend is watching it and he's texted me 4 times so far after one and a half episode, with each text consisting entirely of some variation of "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck".

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

That doesn't actually say anything about AoS's budget per episode though. It's not exactly crazy that the budget for the pilot would be way bigger than the rest of the episodes. AoS has a 22 episode season, they're not spending $300+ million on it. The link they provide to the other story about the AoS budget just repeats the same rumor that the pilot supposedly cost around $14 million, but even notes that that isn't particularly huge for a major TV show.

Anyway just finished this and echoing everyone else's praise. Could probably count the number of scenes that didn't quite work for me on one hand. Just absolutely loving excellent all the way through. Foggy and Karen's writing and actors deserve some kind of award for managing to make the "goofy sidekick and gorgeous woman become friends" story not only bearable but actually fun to watch, with believably awkward moments where it was appropriate.

I wasn't particularly excited for Marvel's Netflix shows since I don't read comics and don't really know any of the other heroes involved, but god drat did this get me hyped to see what else they have coming.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

mikeraskol posted:

She specifically isn't. 1x13 spoiler - She tells Owlsley that she's going home. He says, "to China?" She says "somewhere much further away than that."

I took that to mean that she's just being cryptic and is actually talking about some secret shady ninja place, not that she's just from Australia or something.

Desperado Bones posted:

I wonder if the Russian was well spoken, or had the same flaws.

It was good for the most part, because they got actual Russian speakers. The big exception was Vladimir's brother who was obviously not a native speaker, but still did a decent job, ie: you could understand what he was saying.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
via twitter, someone's answer on a chemical safety survey:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I'm looking forward to watching Crazy Shane except on a show written by people that understand how characters and stories work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Or they could do something not completely stupid and just have Jessica think about him every once in a while.