Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

lomzus posted:

Laura Prudom @LauInLA
Also, #Daredevil has the absolute best fight scenes on "television," bar none. It's not just cinematic, it's utterly breathtaking.

There's no way this can live up to the episode long fight from Banshee is there? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrking
May 27, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

I'm not going to :goonsay: about height because you're right that all that really matters is that she's visibly taller than most of the guys. That was never really the concern. The concern is making a muscular green woman believable. The makeup route is the best visible solution as CGI will instantly look dated, but then yeah they need to find a really tall woman who is buff and can act. They could do a "skinny Steve" thing for Jennifer moments... but yeah as you can see even in the best brainstorming it all sounds hideously expensive for a TV show, and all the cool goofy "superhero law firm" stuff is right out from the get-go both in tone, cost, and the fact that Dan Slott's run was built on 50 years of Marvel lore that established the 616 as a place swarming with superheroes.

If she fights in a unitard? I can see people complaining but it all comes down to how they convey her personality. If they try to make her part of the "street-level" Defenders? Yeah because she'll be contractually mandated to not have a smile on her face in any publicity photos and look like some weird green dominatrix.

I'd rather see her start in the movies where it's established that she's basically "Ally McBeal + The Hulk - the drawbacks of the Hulk's powers." Then she could be a "guest star" from the movies injecting levity into the Defenders world. That will never happen as long as Jeph Loeb's horcruxes remain hidden, but I think that'd be the best way to do it.

I hope they do She-Hulk like the Son of Zorn is drawing in Zorn. Make her obviously a comic book artist drawing when she's hulked out and cast whoever is great in the role. Gamma radiation turned her into a freakishly strong cartoon.

mrking
May 27, 2006

homullus posted:

He unclenched

I like to think the The Hand was started by a weird zombie Iron Fist that resurrected and decided not to use his fists, but to use his hands.