Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Agreed - those chips in the paint look incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

SRM posted:

I think I need to get the bit from the Meganobz kit that's basically trukk nuts, but skulls.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Ok guys, this is my 4th or 5th real attempt at painting a mini since I picked the hobby back up a year or so ago. Please give me some feedback on what I did wrong here and what I can improve on. Thanks!

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Electric Hobo posted:

I'd say it doesn't look bad, but It's hard to see anything. Put a lamp in front of it, a piece of paper behind it and take another photo so we can see what's going on.
Is the gloopiness at the bottom of the axehead a casting error? You should thin you metals more if it isn't.

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll get a better pic up. The gloppiness was indeed my fault - I ended up scraping that portion off with a hobby knife and redoing it.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
So I have a metal can of Army Painter Quick shade that I've been effectively sharing with a friend as we paint up a few minis. My question is, is there an easy way to divide up the stuff and put some in a sealable container for him to use so we don't have to keep switching off using it? Wasn't sure if it would clog up in a dropper bottle or something.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
So I got a new can of Testor's clear coat and sprayed a couple light layers on a mini I used quick shade on, and the shine/gloss finish didn't get flattened like it normally does. What might be the issue and what should I do about it?

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Another quick question - is Testor's clear coat in the gray and blue can the same thing as testor's dullcoat?

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Hot drat that shading is incredible.

:wow:

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Cross-postin' my first Deathwatch dude, the Watch Master:

:drat:

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Flipswitch posted:

Hey goons, bit lost on a paint job and unsure how to tackle it further.

I painted up my first mini and was pretty happy with the outcome. But I decided to work on a second to see if I could come up with an alternate scheme I preferred and fancied giving orange a go, but something with it isn't quite coming out right:

The greys are a little bit different in each ship, the top uses more of a blue grey and the bottom ship is a bit darker in real life, my lamp has really lit the thing up.

I wanted to add some contrasting light grey panels on the second one to offset the orange, but I'm not really sure where to place it, it just isn't quite working yet as a colour theme? any suggestions? and which do you guys/gals think looks better?

The first model is finished and sealed, the second still has a bit to go but I'm a bit lost on it.

Hey what are these models? They look really awesome.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I took some pictures of my Kings of War Undead army for a friend of mine, I thought I'd share the pictures here too.

Just FYI these are seriously dope. I love the color palette you chose for them with mostly metallics, some brown/tan, and very sparse use of the red and teal. Very awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

How did you get the cracked/dried mud effect on those bases? SOOO good.