Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

TouchToneDialing posted:

I love seeing other people's ghetto studio light setups! I use an eames chair beside a window most of the time for mine.

People are always so surprised when I tell them how I take my pictures and that they aren't done "professionally".

I have a box from a 24-pack sprayed white and a bunch of miscellaneous lamps pointing to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

TouchToneDialing posted:

Repainted another action figure.

Did Iron Man's Hulkbuster.

For more some more photos and a bit of a guide look here http://imgur.com/a/lF7b8

Wow! The lights look fantastic.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

krushgroove posted:

Those look neat, but why is the turtle-man using a smaller turtle as a blunt force object?

Maybe it's like a wine from the skull of your enemy thing?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
Buy an artist's pastel and break off a few pieces? They're like a dollar each and they break up in a similar way to how a brick would.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Silhouette posted:

Dollar Tree

I used tac from the dollar store, and it sucks: it's impossible to remove completely, gets sticky and goopy when exposed to paint, etc. I had much better results with silly putty for masking.