Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuckle Sammich
May 4, 2009
Was wondering if I could get some feedback on what would improve my painting. A problem I seem to have is any shading I do comes out looking blotchy, especially with skin tones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuckle Sammich
May 4, 2009

Wazzu posted:

Thinner paint, finer brushes - the face looks like you need something much smaller to get finer control. And possibly an exercise to learn more about blending - find a model with lots of flowing cloaks/clothing (some wizard, basically) and go to town on the blending, just really focus on it for a model.

Thank you for the advice. I'm already using really fine brushes but I'm only thinning my paint the bare minimum to avoid clumps due to my impatience of wanting to see an immediate change when adding a new layer.

Next on my list is these two guys which will give me a chance to play around and hopefully break some bad habits.

(edit) fixed image

Knuckle Sammich
May 4, 2009

R0ckfish posted:

Got some more Orlocks done!

Gawdamn, the focus in those eyes are fantastic. I'm going to use these pics as reference for the Orlocks I have primed and painting next.

Knuckle Sammich
May 4, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

Just finished my Deathwatch Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant of the Wolfspear:

Awwwoooooooooooo :shittydog:

JFC that's amazing. Did you use anything to set the pigment powder?