Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

General Olloth posted:

Just line the holes up so that the needle will go through and it will all work out?

My issue is the little curved plate keeps slipping like crazy and I'm having difficulty getting it to sit properly while the pressure pad goes back in. The portion about anchoring it against the well was my way of asking how to get it to sit securely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

ijyt posted:

Put it in and hold it down and back with the trigger, then just screw in the needle tube/chucking guide.

Holy moley, that worked. Thanks! That drat thing kept falling all over the place.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

After weeks of dithering and troubleshooting, I finally got down to actual paint with my airbrush, basecoating a Khador BE. I'm in love :stare: :love:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

A friend who I painted a big model for is now asking me about more painting and conversion work. Painting I know the general rule of thumb for costing, but how does conversion work get priced out? This would be Infinity so mostly weapon swaps.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Is MDF scrap recyclable or does it have to go into the trash? I just got a load of MDF stuff from TTCombat but I'm wondering about all the scrap left over from punching the pieces out of their frames.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Slimnoid posted:

Broadly speaking, no. The chemicals in it make recycling difficult, and most of the time it goes into a landfill. However, it's been proposed that recycled fiberboard sawdust can be applied to agricultural land, so it's probably a good idea to check your area to see if there's a way to recycle it. If you're in the UK, it might already be recyclable, but you'd have to dig further than me to find out for sure.

If not, you can always hang on to the scraps and use it for projects or basing. Just be careful when cutting it and wear a respirator.

Yeah, I was afraid of that. Some Googling popped up some stuff from 2013 about "recyclable" MDF showing up in the UK, so I was wondering if that was a thing now. Recycling where I am doesn't seem to take fiberboard, so into the trash it goes I guess.

E: I already have balsa and other materials, so I don't think I'm going to mess with respirator et al.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Electric Hobo posted:

Wyrd has some pretty brutal rules in their painting competitions, but they've finally announced the winners, so I can show what I painted for it without getting disqualified.

Ghost Rider Ironsides is badass.

Also Adze sez trans rights.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Anyone have any relatively compact magnifying glasses on stands they'd recommend?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

PRADA SLUT posted:

Where can you order the little chunks of slate or similar for basing?

If you're looking for basing options that look like rock, I would suggest heading down to your local Michaels or similar crafts store and look for a pack of cork sheeting. You can break off pieces to create flat-topped with irregular edges pieces sized to your base. Then just prime it and paint it.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Anyone have any brand recommendations for transfer sheets for use with custom decals? I'm in the US if that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

For those acquainted with P3 paints, was there ever an additional purple in addition to Beaten Purple? I could swear I remember something but the paint charts I'm pulling up show no sign of it. I think I used it for Llael models?