Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Sometimes I wish I could "like" a post like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Does anyone have a guide to painting horses? I just bought into a SAGA Norman army.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

NTRabbit posted:

Offer them sugar cubes and stroke their heads :3:

This is not an appreciative empty post

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Does anyone know a source for not-Doctor Who models? A lot of the old reliables have gone poof. I really want a 9th Doctor chronomancer for Frostgrave

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I just today ran out of Devlan Mud. I do however have half a bottle of the super old Chestnut ink

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Frostgrave has a couple boxes that will give you 20 figs for around 30 MSRP. Soldiers, cultists, gnolls, and barbarians. They all work together too if you want

Edit: beaten like crazy

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I'm looking for a hooded space marine head, like the Dark Angels use if anyone has one to spare.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Can someone point me in the right direction for the best guide for cleaning air brushes? I'm pretty sure I'm doing a good job but I'd like to be sure.

The best I've done is YouTube and search for your model. I have knockoffs so I had to track down the original source they were based on.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Help, I suck. I don't actually enjoy painting much. Help my guys look better quickly and easily. Duncan has been a godsend.

Inceptors

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Finished my dread for Konor games tomorrow

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

I need a photo setup. That's one Deathwatch assault troop done.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I was in HobbyTown and they had a Vallejo Mecha airbrush paint. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Floppychop posted:

Are there a more economical versions of Nuln Oil or Agrax Earthshade? Or a the easiest way to mix them yourself?

I need some for terrain, and I don't want to have to sell a kidney to afford the washes.

Liquitex ink and Pledge floor polish is a nice recipe I saw on YouTube once. Do a search there

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I am rebasing my space marines as part of my paint job redo, and I have a lot of old metal characters. What is the best way to attach them to the slot less 32mm plastic bases?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

MeinPanzer posted:

Two paint questions:

1. So AP Soft Tone/Hard Tone/Dark Tone/Flesh Wash are good washes to replace their GW equivalents, but are there other cheaper alternatives to GW's washes for other colours, or is it best to go with GW? I'm looking for generic red, green, and blue washes that I can use as filters

AP makes these too. I got a set of the 4 you mentioned plus a bunch of colors for like $25.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
My group is probably going to hop on Blood and Valor and I’ve picked the French army. Does anyone know of a Historicals repository of paint recipes? I figure Vallejo probably has the blue I need but god know what they call it.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
If I spray terrain with a gloss paint, then overcoat that with matte, will I have enough tooth to actually do detail painting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Is Huge Miniatures a good company? The prices and quality are great but I don’t want to be supporting a nazi or anything.