Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Too late, they already have.

Apple is experiencing a huge outage across pretty much all their services. Whoops.

linky linky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
oh i didn't notice. i haven't been to the app store in months

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

RIP

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
think of all the poor, helpless and hungry indie artists who are losing their lifeblood without their precious internet digital e-sales

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Don't restart your phone. If you do, you'll need to sign back into the App Store/iTunes when you try to launch an app, and since even authentication is down you won't be able to, and so you won't be able to open any of the apps on your device.

Found this out the hard way when I thought maybe the connectivity problems were just my phone being weird after upgrading to iOS 8.2 right before I went to bed last night, so I restarted it. Now I have to YOSPOSt from a web browser :(

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
dj khaled is callin the ceo of itunes to add more servers

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

where will you be when the apple services go back up?

I'll be at a small vietnamese restaurant with the shakes and sweats

Mario Incandenza
Aug 24, 2000

Tell me, small fry, have you ever heard of the golden Triumph Forks?

Doc Block posted:

Don't restart your phone. If you do, you'll need to sign back into the App Store/iTunes when you try to launch an app, and since even authentication is down you won't be able to, and so you won't be able to open any of the apps on your device.
fukken lol, thanks timb

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
why is two-finger scrolling absolutely loving busted in the app store app but nowhere else

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Because the App Store app is a huge sack of poo poo

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Mac store guy looking at notepad: uh duhhh what is this?
windows guy: it's a paper an pen dumbass. btw, I can still access windows marketplace and purchase apps plus play Halo online.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Doc Block posted:

Found this out the hard way when I thought maybe the connectivity problems were just my phone being weird after upgrading to iOS 8.2 right before I went to bed last night, so I restarted it. Now I have to YOSPOSt from a web browser :(

this didn't happen to me. restarted and even signed out of my apple id and it everything that's on my phone works just fine

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Squeezy Farm posted:

plus play Halo online.

the little mini oranges??

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

this didn't happen to me. restarted and even signed out of my apple id and it everything that's on my phone works just fine

:(

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

oh. i guess thats why the music app was asking me to sign in to itunes (it failed, i hit cancel, poo poo still worked cuz im a weirdo that uses locally stored music instead of streaming)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

"London-based social media analyst Tim Grimes tweeted: 'Based on 2014 iTunes Revenue: Apple are losing $34,246 per minute, $2,054,794 per hour the #iTunes store is down.' "

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

graph posted:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

graph posted:

why is two-finger scrolling absolutely loving busted in the app store app but nowhere else

lol anroif

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Doc Block posted:

ahahaha classic

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Squeezy Farm posted:

play Halo online.

demonstrably false

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i don't care. i don't use any apple service.s

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i need to listen to my itunes. apple. please. tim, help.

help.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
radiuuuummm I mean tiiimmmmm

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
LOL Apple's System Status page isnt automatically updated based off of actual system status, but rather is manually updated whenever they notice something has gone wrong.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Doc Block posted:

LOL Apple's System Status page isnt automatically updated based off of actual system status, but rather is manually updated whenever they notice something has gone wrong.

reminder that they consider rack mounted mac minis to be an 'enterprise solution'

salisbury shake
Dec 27, 2011
The Cloud

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Doc Block posted:

If you need a VM you have to fill out a literal spreadsheet and attach it to the ticket system and wait for someone to provision it for you lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
:yaycloud:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Squeezy Farm posted:

Mac store guy looking at notepad: uh duhhh what is this?
windows guy: it's a paper an pen dumbass. btw, I can still access windows marketplace and purchase apps plus play Halo online.

the russians used a pencil!

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

apple's software is such dogshit now, unfortunately i bought an iphone in 2010 and thus am locked into their ecosystem for all of eternity.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

As a Millennial I posted:

apple's software is such dogshit now

lol "now"

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
premium services and software

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

graph posted:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

graph posted:

yesss

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

graph posted:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Doc Block posted:

uh, that's not how it works. you don't hear people on airplanes complaining that they can't launch apps.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

The Management posted:

uh, that's not how it works. you don't hear people on airplanes complaining that they can't launch apps.

Why is the Mail app asking for my iTunes password?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

emoji posted:

Why is the Mail app asking for my iTunes password?

because you're not launching it on an airplane

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Celexi posted:

perineum services and software

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Doc Block posted:

makes sense. if nobody notices there was a problem, there wasn't really a problem, was there? :smug:

• Locked thread