Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Too late, they already have.

Apple is experiencing a huge outage across pretty much all their services. Whoops.

linky linky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Don't restart your phone. If you do, you'll need to sign back into the App Store/iTunes when you try to launch an app, and since even authentication is down you won't be able to, and so you won't be able to open any of the apps on your device.

Found this out the hard way when I thought maybe the connectivity problems were just my phone being weird after upgrading to iOS 8.2 right before I went to bed last night, so I restarted it. Now I have to YOSPOSt from a web browser :(

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Because the App Store app is a huge sack of poo poo

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

this didn't happen to me. restarted and even signed out of my apple id and it everything that's on my phone works just fine

:(

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
LOL Apple's System Status page isnt automatically updated based off of actual system status, but rather is manually updated whenever they notice something has gone wrong.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
LOL if you use SJW as a pejorative.

Let me guess, you think GamerGate is about ethics in games journalism...

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

The Management posted:

uh, that's not how it works. you don't hear people on airplanes complaining that they can't launch apps.

Blackula69 posted:

that's not true

Lots of people were having the exact same problem as me.

I can only assume it had to do with upgrading to iOS 8.2 right before everything went to poo poo, and then not actually trying to use the device until after everything was broken (no fresh iTunes Store/App Store token). When I noticed the App Store wasn't working, that Game Center login wasn't working (every game would ask me to sign back in to Game Center) I could still launch apps. But after I tried rebooting the phone to see if that would fix it (I wasn't aware it was a worldwide problem at the time), every time I opened an app iOS asked me to sign in with my Apple ID. If I tried it would just say it can't connect to the iTunes Store, and if I hit Cancel it would close the app.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

there was a irritating gif that id otn like looking @ here -smythe

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 11, 2015

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

emoji posted:

It is a pejorative. That's just the way the meaning of words evolve. A non-pejorative term to describe what you have in mind probably be would be activist or even social justice activist.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

can't

iMessage was one of the services that went offline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Whew! It all seems to have come back on line now. :byewhore:

• Locked thread