Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Doc Block posted:

LOL Apple's System Status page isnt automatically updated based off of actual system status, but rather is manually updated whenever they notice something has gone wrong.

If you need a VM you have to fill out a literal spreadsheet and attach it to the ticket system and wait for someone to provision it for you lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

The Management posted:

uh, that's not how it works. you don't hear people on airplanes complaining that they can't launch apps.

Why is the Mail app asking for my iTunes password?

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Blackula69 posted:

that's not true

Why would you believe it's not true? Apps authenticate against the app store periodically and if your authentication cache happens to be expired you get the problem in the op when the auth servers are down. This can also happen if you leave a phone off for months.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Glad to see that esteemed journalist Blackula69 checks his facts before publishing his work.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Blackula69 posted:

i left my phone off for the past 6 months and now today it doesn't work??? help me guys

What are you even saying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Doc Block posted:

LOL if you use SJW as a pejorative.

Let me guess, you think GamerGate is about ethics in games journalism...

It is a pejorative. That's just the way the meaning of words evolve. A non-pejorative term to describe what you have in mind probably be would be activist or even social justice activist.

• Locked thread