Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalmanBashi
Apr 4, 2007

They were opened for about 15 mins before closing up again, managed to get mine in. Don't know if a million people were waiting to sign up or if there's something else at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalmanBashi
Apr 4, 2007

Apparently they opened again an hour after they first opened so they may be staggering them that way. Clicking sign up all day in your computer chair is the answer.

SalmanBashi
Apr 4, 2007

Dalael posted:

Just wondering... Are the servers open to play, or they are just taking registrations?
I want my botes fix damnit!

Looks like they're open, at least I got my client download link and acceptance about 2 hours after original application.

SalmanBashi
Apr 4, 2007

I made the mistake of being overconfident and turning perpendicular to a montana who was not yet seen, and paid the appropriate price for such a brazen act.

3 hits for for 13,365 in my akizuki :negative:

SalmanBashi
Apr 4, 2007

Darkrenown posted:

Do you not use priority target, not wiggle when the numbers go up, or just happened to get hit despite actively dodging? The former can still happen sometimes of course, but if it was either of the other two it's kinda on you.

When I die if I am angery at anyone it's normally my own team if they are all camping, not at the enemy who is quite right to shoot me. Even if my team is sucking, I should really notice that and adapt rather than sail out to die, but honestly I would rather just fight early and die in the hope my next game is better rather than join a crappy team in their dumb position.

I was mid wibble after turning away and disengaging from other DDs in the cap, he was unspotted prior. I saw the shells come in but couldn't wobble out in time to prevent the freak "3 shells combined into 1" rng group that ploughed into my arsehole. At least it happened at the start of the game and had the courtesy of empowering adrenaline rush.

I've only finished grinding the Aki up to the point where I have enough XP for the tier 9 when it comes out, it looks like it's going to be absolutely brutal with gunboat build so I'll be on that. I can forsee it being a bit of a fletcher vs gearing situation where the t9 might be more enjoyable to play than the harugumo since it'll be a bit faster and not as obese, though both look fun.

In other news, the T-61 is hilariously broken and is an absolute carrying machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalmanBashi
Apr 4, 2007

The Locator posted:

Edit: Is it wrong that pretty much every time I see a St. Louis now I just assume it's a seal clubber?

St. Louis is fat and tanky, but watch out for the seal clubbing connoiseurs in their Clubsons Clemsons at tier 4.

Cobbsprite posted:

Tell me about this, and what's the fun way to play it?

It has no weaknesses and is strong at doing everything a DD can do, but the things that make it truly silly are the torps. A standard German DD captain with Adrenaline Rush and Torpedo Armament Expertise is at a base reload time of just over 61 seconds, and it'll come down to <50 with enough damage taken. The torps are fast with good concealment and hit reasonably hard: it's a better torp boat than the Shinonome. Solid German guns mean it's comfortable picking fights with most DDs at its tier, and if you get in over your head just pop smoke and whack your hydro on. You do have to be more cautious with the inevitable T8 uptiering, but only if there are bigger, badder hydro DDs or radar ships on your flank, otherwise you can still be a big bully (though you're definitely not invincible).

The theme of my stupid carrying games has been staying alive into the end game and fully exploiting the absurd torpedo reload. You can also abuse the hydro and smoke more against single threats because you have no fear of being rushed in your smoke - there were plenty times where I was being rushed and looked down to go "oh look, my torps have already reloaded." before surprising the guy with another set, then another, then another etc

In short: play like a German DD when you can, bullying others with hydro and solid guns, and always be exploiting those insane torpedoes because you'll have them back extremely quickly.