Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

E: There was a post to respond to, now there isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Tomorrow.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

CitizenKain posted:

I wish I could figure out why sometimes the torpedo warning doesn't show up until 3 seconds before they hit. I got the torpedos in the water warning, the beeping and then barely started to turn before dying. Yet sometimes I can see them from farther out.

That'd be a combination of the torpedo spotting ranges being different per torpedo type and maybe other teammates spotting the torps for you earlier.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Running T3 and T4 BBs has been a massive pain in the rear end, I never get cruiser support because they all die and then I'm left fending off destroyers with HE rounds.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Night10194 posted:

Once the Japanese destroyers get the longer range torpedoes after the basic 4.5km ones the Umikaze starts with, Operation Dickstab becomes better and better. Just filling the sea with fish and waiting for someone to stumble into them is the best thing in this game so far.

Any advice on using smoke?

Have you been spotted? Pop smoke. Not much more to do with it unless your team is outnumbered in your flank and is trying to get out of there.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Doesn't help when you put your shots on target and watch them spread in front and behind the ship.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Which ships/captain skills/upgrades have you been using? I'd really like to know when I can expect your experience with BBs!

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Zsinjeh posted:

Either I'm Admiral Nelson reincarnated or the pubbies in this game loving suck. As long as you keep yourself close to a formation you will absolutely wipe the other team. Almost to my first battleship non-premium and I've only lost one game

Now get used to failing even with formations, because pubbies will crowd around a single point on a tri-point map and then run from said single point once the fighting starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Went on what I accepted was a suicide run using my Isokaze vs. a carrier guarded by a Cleveland today. Turns out it's eminently survivable when the doorknob shoots AP at you.