Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The most fun game, especially when all 3 of them spammed torp bombers at my Heinrich simultaneously from the start of the game.

We had a Graf Zeppelin and nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

wdarkk posted:

Are there any stinkers in the German BC line above tier six?

For ships that are meant to be driving towards the enemy, or at least maintaining secondary distance, Rupprecht has a counterintuitive kiting setup on the 6 gun main battery.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

toadee posted:

Almost no ship in world of warships at any time ever wants to be driving towards the enemy. Sometimes it must, or can because of a large advantage, but the strongest position for all ships at all times is stern towards a target that is approaching them.

Kiting to the map edge doesn't get caps.

Rupprecht has 6 short range guns and 4 of them point backwards, it's not a great setup when extending the range severely cuts your damage output.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 4, 2022

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

wdarkk posted:

Do you mean the Zeitan? Rupprecht has 4 turrets.

Yes that one, got the wrong name while phone posting from work. The one with the weird as gently caress bridge tower.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 4, 2022

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Atlantico is 25 knots base, you can toddle along at 28 knots with the unspotted speed skill and speed flag, and 26.5 spotted iirc

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

kaesarsosei posted:

Shlieffen is also probably the Best ship for Brawls.

After watching Flamu try a brawl in Schlieffen last night, it turns out the best ship for brawls is Nakhimov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giwFKXzUqWQ

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 18, 2022

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The co-op in WoWS is absolutely godawful because the bots just blindly sail forward and it's a game of "who can get there to unload a launcher of torps from 150 meters first".

A reminder that WG made bots for PvE that were competent, and made smart decisions about positioning, aiming, and target selection, and they had to remove them because they were wiping the floor with co-op mains so substantially that they were whining and quitting in droves

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Announced on twitch yesterday, possible signs of an impending Dutch DD line

Dutch destroyer Tromp, tier X

Hit points – 24,500. Plating – 19 mm.
Main battery – 3x2 150 mm. Firing range – 13.3 km.
Maximum HE shell damage – 2,150. HE shell armor penetration – 25 mm. Chance to cause fire – 11%. HE initial velocity – 900 m/s.
Maximum AP shell damage – 3,000. AP initial velocity – 900 m/s.
Reload time – 8.0 s. 180 degree turn time – 18.0 s. Maximum dispersion – 114 m. Sigma – 2.00.
Torpedo tubes – 2x3 533 mm.
Maximum damage – 13,700. Range – 10.0 km. Speed – 64 kt. Reload time – 70 s. Launcher 180 degree turn time – 7.2 s. Torpedo detectability – 1.3 km.
AA defense: 4x1 76.0 mm., 2x1 40.0 mm., 2x2 20.0 mm., 2x1 20.0 mm., 2x2 40.0 mm

AA defense short-range: continuous damage per second – 46, hit probability – 95%, action zone – 2.0 km;
AA defense mid-range: continuous damage per second – 249, hit probability – 100%, action zone – 3.5 km;
Maximum speed – 33.5 kt. Turning circle radius – 720 m. Rudder shift time – 5.3 s. Surface detectability – 7.3 km. Air detectability – 3.7 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 3.2 km.

HE Bomb airstrike:

Reload time – 40 s. Available flights – 2. Maximum range – 8.0 km.
Number of aircraft in attacking flight – 12. Aircraft HP – 2,200. Number of bombs in payload – 6.
Maximum bomb damage – 3,700. Bomb penetration – 20.5 mm. Chance to cause fire – 21%.
Available consumables:

1 slot – Damage Control Party;
2 slot – Engine Boost.
All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

Historically Tromp was built as a destroyer leader, hence the cruiser-ish features

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 6, 2022

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Also the new IJN CLs are pretty close to what was predicted:

Agano (3x2) [Already ingame as Yahagi]
Super Agano (4x2)
Triple Super Agano (4x3)
150 Mogami
150 Ibuki
150 WG please stop making ships with frontal pyramid setups

With all of them basically using the same 150mm gun

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The only way to know where to aim is for the sub to actually be spotted, and stay spotted long enough to estimate speed and direction for the depth charge bombers.

The white line used to inidcate where the sub is, now it indicates nothing useful at all.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

kaesarsosei posted:

Furutaka is probably the only cruiser I have that I would play but I tend to rotate among 4-5 ships in all sprints. For this one I'll go with Furutaka, Oktober Rev, Agincourt, Kamikaze and Oknotnik.

Edit: I wanted to try Oklahoma, but its hopeless. The secondaries have good range but don't seem to have any improved accuracy. The main guns are arguably the worst on any BB in the game, including Mikasa. It is 19 knots, has no armour...utter trash.

Oklahoma is a tier 5 Kansas

Viribus Unitis is a tier 5 Vermont

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

A community effort built a Pan American cruiser proposal using historical South American vessels either built or offered for sale by Vickers in the UK, complete with researched history and blueprints.

Instead, Wargaming now has a Pan American cruiser line in early testing that is a mix of USN and RN copypasta (and a Duca copypasta premium), including the last 3 ships being imaginary Worcester variations despite historically Washington trying to stamp out British sales of cruisers to Latin America post war.

Company is bereft of intelligence and imagination.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Nov 6, 2022

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

After getting the Prime offer and doing all my coupon battles and other freebies I had 6 mega, 2 big, and 6 small containers to open, and the only ship I got was a Jurua from a mega.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The biggest annoyance I have with the Rupprecht is that the torpedo launchers are made from tissue paper, and the first hit you take from a battleship will destroy one or both tubes on that side in every battle without fail, and even a set of heavy cruiser 8" volleys will destroy them in 2 salvos. Never had another ship lose its torpedoes so easily and so frequently.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

serious gaylord posted:

I may be remembering wrong but when they were first released wasn't there a bug in the game that made torp launchers, secondaries and AA guns invincible?

I recall such a bug, but I don't remember the timing of it

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

kaesarsosei posted:

To me the biggest problem of the three is superships. If they really were T11 then they’d be fine, but some of them are really T12.

Subs are horrendous but with at most 1 a match, and with their limited mobility, I don’t get frustrated by them too much.

What do you mean at most one a match? The double cv triple sub game is the bane of randoms, closely followed by a triple kearsarge division

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I had 9 battles in a row this morning that had 1-2 subs and 1-2 CVs before lucking into one that had neither. Subs consistently outnumber DDs in the queue every time I click battle, and CVs outnumber everything except battleships.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Love all the people going "yeah but they look bad, the Soviet subs are going to be bad", just like they did with the Soviet CVs.

How to take an incredibly overpowered and toxic class and make them even worse, a Wargaming speciality

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

https://twitter.com/Yurobeat_/status/1627678275337338880

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I do have the Jean Bart, and I am currently on the Alsace (and really enjoying it) on the French BB tech tree, but I understand the Bourgogne isn't quite the same experience as the Republique?

Bourgogne is what we should have gotten instead of Republique, which is another boring overmatch sniper boat

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

There's also some gingerbread men in the armoury section with dubs/cash for santa crates, if you click them in the right order you get another free santa crate

There's no forums where people might put instructions anymore, so watch flamu do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdMSEy5AlxQ

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Russian Richelieu is ok. I'm not sure why 2/3 Des Moines exists, but whatever, much better than what I got last year.

Should end up with another mega or two by the end but not much more I think. Getting a fifth of a mega per tier 10 instead of a mega per tier 10 as in the last few variations on this event was something of a downgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Izumo used to have the world's worst vertical dispersion too until they buffed it about 10 patches in a row a few years ago