Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Insert name here posted:

Anyone have an Ishizuchi? I was curious how it is. I don't really care about its money making ability or whatever but it's relatively cheap and was wondering if it's worth picking up for fun times.

It's pretty fun. Speedy and decent guns, it's my go-to tier 4 premium. Admittedly thats not saying much, but still I like it.

Also holy gently caress I had someone leave cap with literally 5 seconds left in the match, turning a cap win into a draw. I really wish there was a post-game chat because I didn't get to call him a loving idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

OSad posted:

How the hell do people manage less than a 50% winrate at this game? It's way brain-deader than WoT.

You can literally fire HE only and still get good results, it's that easy. I mean, come on.

To be fair, there are a lot more ties in this game than in World of Tanks. Last I checked I was sitting at around 4% tie where I was around 1% in WoT, so assuming that's average the average player would be 48/48/4 w/l/t.

Basically what I'm saying is he's still bad but gently caress ties forever.

ranbo das fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 4, 2015

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

No, see, that's the problem. I seem to spend half the game chasing to close with targets but unable to fire because of range. Then when I make range I can't close to brawling distance because every oval office and his uncle can simply outrun me. Or I've taken so much damage from longer range weapons that I'm a third dead and burning stem to stern.

I have no interest in engaging at max range, because that is loving stupid. I just cannot get the ship in to an appropriate fighting range like I could the previous battleships. I had a game a few days ago where it took over ten minutes to make range to fire my first shot despite steaming at full towards the enemy. Because I simply could not produce enough speed to close on the enemy fleet, and they chose not to drive to me (they actually went for caps). It's the most boring boat I've played so far.

Pretty much everyone lemmings to the same 1-2 points every game of botes in every map. Just sail to those points and murder everything. Also gently caress you have like an 18km range with your plane how are you getting outranged.

You should post a replay because I'm actually mystified how you're managing to get bad games in a ship that's this powerful.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Near stock loadout. I unlocked the fire control and put on the 16% range equipment, and suddenly I'm having fun again.

Ah that would do it. Get it all tricked out, its a hell of a ship.

In unrelated news I just got to the Colorado. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

German Cruiser line here

Also Tirpitz is confirmed the prem with Bismark being researchable, both at T8

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

God I like the Cleveland, but that thing is a loss magnet. I'm sitting at around a 25% win rate with it. Admittedly it's been a dozen games or so, but still, where are my free wins I was promised :smith:

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

The Wyoming is decent once you get it kitted out and have a couple of games under your belt. The New York is good bordering on great, the New Mexico is amazing, we don't talk about the colorado, the North carolina is great with the Iowa/Montana apparently being borderline OP

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I got into a game as a Ryujo where they had a t8 enemy CV, three tier 8+ BBs and a bunch of t6+ cruisers, so i did the only honourable thing I could and scuttled myself and let me tell you, boy did that piss people off.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

5 losses in a row, 4 of them 1000+ base xp. Just give me a decent team so i can get my win of the day and stop playing the loving colorado.

Seriously this is when the game is the shittiest. I "only" had two hours to play and I just wanted one win in a ship and I couldn't even do that.

ranbo das fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 15, 2015

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Xae posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_production_during_World_War_II

At least according to Wikipedia the USA produced more Carriers than the Japanese produced ships.

It's crazy to think any one nation produced over a hundred air craft carriers, especially since there's what, less than 20 in the world today?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

JacksLibido posted:

You could... they also said in the main post that the dude wont be checking all that closesly and might even give out the ship to people who don't get all the letters.

Also you can get them in bot games so sharing screenshots and risking getting caught is stupid because bots are retarded.

It took me like an hour in a Hosho to get all the letters.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

demonR6 posted:

There, on my FOG bunghole.

Also got both my letter E's on back to back matches... last one I ruined a CV going straight at him in my Wickes unloading torps from both sides and nuking him. One thing about this contest it may me super aggressive and I killed some dudes in epic fashion.

Oh was that you? I saw the FOG_Somalipirate name and was like "i bet thats a goon I should let him kill me" because finding Es (and Xs) is a bitch.

Everyone on my team got super mad at me, was p funny.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

demonR6 posted:

Wait were you Exordium in the Hosho?

Yup, that was me. Pulled a 180 when I saw you sneaking up the middle. I was worried you were gonna cut west towards the cruisers before you spotted me coming out from behind the island.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

grrarg posted:

Yeah this contest has made me hate 'teammates' even more, and I did not think that was possible. You can get one A from a bot in co-op if you have not already. Too bad there are no E bots. Only thing I have left are the two Es.

There are two A bots, and nothing says you can't use the same name twice if you kill them two different times

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

demonR6 posted:

HA! That is some funny poo poo. I started the match by telling my team "That Hosho is my last letter E for the Pax contest and I will unload double volleys of torps into any of you who get between me and that ship.." then I blasted right through, killed that one dude from your team who was trying to cut me off before I blazed trails to you.

Now here is where everything went to hell for me...

I have an icon mod so I cannot take screens after the battle because you cannot read the name of the ship you sank. I figured I have replays enabled so after all this is done I will go to the replay in question, fast forward to the end and get my screen right? After I was done with that last match I logged out of botes and did folder renaming launched my first replay. I fast forwarded to the end and then...

well when the last ship is killed the loving replay ends without going to the after action report. All that work..

:negative:

:911:

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Is there a thread for hilarious US military fuckups, like pretty much every new ship and plane they try to introduce?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

First match in a while, get intentionally tk'd from almost full health by a friendly DD and we l;ose because our cleveland decides to 1v1 their full health amagi at like 5k at 950/1000 points.

Good to see the game hasn't changed.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I just got murdered in my NC by a Colorado. Came around an island at like 5k, he got like 4 citadels and none of my shots penned. FML

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

BadLlama posted:

Wasn't there a Jap cruiser at some point that had like 8 torpedo racks?

It was the Kitakami. It mostly sucked and pubbies always managed to tk with it, but the one game you'd just dump and kill two battleships with one volley was so, so satisfying.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Reztes posted:

Am I just incredibly unlucky or do Cleveland's guns just love blowing up all the drat time? In the past few days, in around 50% of my Cleveland games, I've lost two batteries from single salvos. Not damaged two batteries, outright destroyed them instantly. Can't decide if it's worse when it happens to both fore/aft guns or when I've had one of each pegged, but either way drat losing half my firepower to these crits is infuriating. I even took the main battery durability mod, although it would be pretty :wargaming: if it turns out that mod is bugged to increase the chance of incapacitation or something instead.

:ssh: Cleveland is still a good boat and a crazy murder machine even with half its guns knocked out

I find the Cleveland is second only to the Atlanta in losing guns. BB AP in particular loves to knock them out.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

The lightning strikes are incapacitations, not citadels

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I'm averaging like 100k+ damage in my NC tonight with a 0% win ratio. Thanks pubbies

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Gort posted:

Where are you getting superior fighters from? Both carriers would have twelve fighters.

Look at the actual stats of the individual fighters, although in this case its basically nothing

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

They could make something really cool with the Tone if they make her an aviation cruiser instead of a regular cruiser.

I mean I assume she'll just be a regular cruiser, but I can dream.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Colorado might be slightly more bearable with the recent buff, but I'd still say skip it.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

So anyone who has played it, how is the Tirpitz? I tend to think of them as free XP because there are a lot of bad BB players who jumped up to T8, but apparently in the hands of a competent player it wrecks shop.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Krogort posted:

Any idea when they'll unlock the soviet destroyers ?
I heard october first but saw nothing official on this.

I'm aroussed by the idea of a destroyer with 8 fast turning 130mm guns.

October 16th for soviet destroyers and german cruisers.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

USa has the best CV, for everything else IJN is better. And poo poo, the IJN CVs are really good too so basically just play Japanese ships if you want the good tier Xs

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Hamshot posted:

Which is the best cruiser line where i can brainlessly shoot gun and not be super worried about torps? Currently going up the American bb line and I'm dissatisfied with the colorado with how cruisers will dance around my shells while keeping me lit up.

The St. Louis is rad, but I'd like to go up the tiers. Is the aurora like the St Louis but premium?

No. Get the Murmansk if you're gonna spend money.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Dont launch torps where it would be possible for them to hit allies. Maybe he needed to turn back to dodge enemy torps and you cut off his escape, I've had that happen.

Basically, if your torps hit a friendly you're at fault period.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

It doesn't matter whether the Yamato was a super battleship or helpless, it was outdated simply because why use a battleship when a carrier was a better choice. Japan basically spent years and years developing this super sword to fight with but that didn't matter because in the meantime the US was building guns.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Darkrenown posted:

Lots of changes coming:
http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/cbt/dev-bulletin-051/

"Now the simple and annoying (for many players) trick of dropping torpedoes directly at a ship's board will become less effective."

This is a very good patch filled with a lot of good changes. Finally able to reroll quests, spawn besides division mates, better sorting options, the thing to try to fix edge hugging, just a lot of good QoL stuff.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I just got dumpstered by another ranger who was running 1/1/1 (I ran 2/0/1). His torp bombers just obliterated my fighters, to the point where he would destroy an entire squadron and lose 2 bombers.

This game is really weird sometimes.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

The Salem Witch thing makes you realize how closer their 5 and 10 are in boats than in tanks. Imagine a tier 10 tank in WoT being in a tier 5 match.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Just got one, US

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I got matched against a Midway in my Lex. It kept trying to kill me and I absolutely massacred his planes. It was amazing, his squads lasted for like 2-3 seconds. Thanks wargaming.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Apparently it's a bug and they're looking into it. Basically from wht I've heard armor is hosed so BB shells pretty much always overpen cruisers for 10% damage while cruiser AP can cut through BB armor.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

It's a way better game fwiw.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Darkrenown posted:

I thought the Kitakami was just a loaner ship, like the Russian DD and German CA they gave out for a bit before the trees arrived?

It is, it's going away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Lord Koth posted:

In some ways I'd prefer Kitakami to be a reward ship rather than ever regularly available. At least with those who managed to get up to Rank 1 there's a decent chance they're competent, and with a ship that can be as finicky and teamkilly as Kitakami is I'm a bit twitchy as to letting everyone with some cash to blow just buy it. Already plenty of idiots moronically launching torpedoes that endanger allied ships more than the enemy, and allowing them access to a ship that launches literal walls of them is alarming.

There are already at least two people I've seen who are using the fact you cant lose credits with the KTKM to intentionally TK as many people as possible.