Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Looks no different than Destroyers.gifv. Except you can actually see the planes coming and they're not just sitting 5km away from you completely invisible as they fire 20 torpedoes at you. Destroyers really making me dislike the game at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I really want to see more varied sinking animations. Would be nice to see some violent ones. Bits of the ship flying when you ammo rack someone, capsizing in seconds. Just very disappointing when you're having a slugfest with another ship that you lose you just see this puny little animation. I demand more weight behind sinking.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

So apparently I pissed off a pubbie, not that its that hard.

I thought he was bitching me out for my previous game which I reset the enemy cap on our base when it was at 80% but he was bitching me out for the one before that. I was going up the middle on Two Brothers and all they had left was a carrier and we had them 3 capped with about 900 points. Apparently he wanted me to completely stop and go nowhere near A because then he couldnt get his super sweet xp from spending the rest of the match hunting for their carrier he was never going to find before we ticked to 1000 points. Pubbies never change, they always would rather spend 10 minutes hunting a guy than winning ASAP and getting into another game where they can earn more xp.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Aesis posted:

Probably because xp grind is brutally long so they think it's better to shoot for more xp than cap for faster game with less xp.

No its just how they treat mp games in general. In their mind a guy who goes 1:1 k:d but wins the game for their team through completing objectives isnt as good as the guy with 0 objective points and a 3:1 k:d and lost the game. All they care about is kills.

EDIT: Can I get a round thats not Two Brothers please?

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jul 9, 2015

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Why couldnt you have been this good to me the whole time Wyoming? Its too late though, I've met someone else she has bigger guns and is named New York, and I hope she treats me better.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Trying to finish the South Carolina has completely obliterated my will to play this game. I hate it so much. It's a downgrade in almost every way from every other ship I've played. I'd rather play the Chester.

Wyoming, New York, and New Mexico are a ton of fun. Me on the other hand I am 400 xp from the Colorado and I'm scared. From what I've learned in this thread it is a completely inaccurate piece of poo poo.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Devorum posted:

I love that me spending literally $3.50 makes me a Wallet Warrior (never been TK'd, but have been harassed), but someone paying for Premium doesn't.

This game, man.

For some reason the premium ships just make people frothing rage machines. Had one CV bitching nonstop every 3 seconds about an enemy simms and how he's a wallet warrior and a terrible player. Like I'm not even exaggerating it was just nonstop spam for a couple minutes about being a wallet warrior. After I died I looked up his stats and proceeded to laugh. He was sitting at under 900 xp a game average on all his carriers. Then me and the rest of the game had an even bigger laugh when he couldnt figure out how I was able to look at his stats while playing the game, alt tabbing seemed to be a mystery to him.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

The Colorado is doing a number on my sanity. Never have I had a ship whos shells miss so often. I'm Not even talking at max range its medium and shorter. Just had a game where I was fighting an Atlanta, at about 10-11km and all my shots were dead on for citadel hits and every single one of them went short or long. Talking about a good 16+ shells just missing, he wasnt even dodging much. Certainly wasnt the first drat time its happened either, its getting loving ridiculous, I've never had an issue with the battleship dispersion until this loving ship.

I've been saving up free xp since I started playing and was hoping to save it for something else down the line but I'm going to have to use it to rush through the 2 colorado hulls to get out of this poo poo box faster.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Aug 1, 2015

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

cheese posted:

The Colorado and then the Furutaka are pretty much the two "might want to free XP this shitbag" ships AFAIK.

I just had a salvo, all lined up perfectly, almost no dispersion what so ever and I thought maybe I'll take a screenshot and show how bad this goes. Then I thought "NAH theres no way all these shots are going to miss, most of them are going to hit and I"m going to look like an idiot." All of them fell short and I'm kicking myself for not getting a screenshot.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Michaellaneous posted:

I won duels against Colorados in close combat with my NM because Colorados are that bad an NMs are that amazing.

Colorado is complete poo poo 95% of the time but god help you if you're on the receiving end during that 5%

Had what I believe to be my highest single salvo with the Colorado, though not counting detonation. Did 38-39k with 2 or 3 citadels once and it was amazing. Then I had 4 games in a row with 95-115k total damage and I thought that I might have been overly hard on the Colorado. But then the rng kept kicking me in the balls and I knew I had been right all along. Right now I feel like the ship should be called the 1240 because you will fire a salvo and all but 1 will miss and the one that hits will do all of 1240 damage. Meanwhile Clevelands and Atlantas are hitting you at max range with salvo after salvo of HE and doing 3000 damage per to you. I miss the New Mexico so much. Only 60k to go till the North Carolina, so close yet so far away.

Just Comparing my New Mexico and Colorado stats. The New Mexico stats are pretty much always better.

Accuracy being 4% higher in the Colorado can pretty much be summed up by the fact the New Mexico is throwing out 12 shells while the Colorado is only throwing 8. Yet even with the lesser accuracy the New Mexico is still out damaging the Colorado.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Aug 3, 2015

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

The New Mexico is a joyless loving boredom simulator. poo poo range. poo poo accuracy. And everyone simply outruns you.

If you think the New Mexico is bad you should probably just stop leveling US battleships because the New Mexico is great loving ship. Then you get the Colorado and you end up hating life, you'll never make it through the Colorado grind.

EDIT: The New Mexico and the St Louis are the only ships I didnt sell once I unlocked the next tier.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Aug 5, 2015

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

demonR6 posted:

Some days there are a lot of dudes in TS, none in Goon chat.. other days the reverse. Then some days there are none in either but you know they are playing because you see the replays posted and chatter in the thread from 'this just happened'. We just tend to be unsociable a lot.

I'm curious as to if the goon community is spread out in various in game chat channels. When you search Goons theres a number of different channels. I'm in the one started by Q_res but theres only ever a couple of people in it. Are a lot of people just not joining the channel? I'd go into the TS but I always feel weird just sitting in a channel when I'm not grouped with anyone. Right now theres only me and another person in the channel. This is on NA servers by the way.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

ranbo das posted:

Ah that would do it. Get it all tricked out, its a hell of a ship.

In unrelated news I just got to the Colorado. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I'm sorry for your loss.

30k to to go till the North Carolina. So close yet so far away. :suicide:

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Get hosed

You stupid piece of poo poo.

Hello beautiful.

Dear god that was a slog. I managed to get to 6k from the North Carolina when all of a sudden the rng just poo poo on me for about 5 games. All of them sub 1000 xp, including a 450 and 500 xp game. Most of them going nearly the full 20 minutes as well. Colorado may you forever rot in hell.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Michi88 posted:

A big Congrats! The NC is a wonderful ship and has great angles for playing agressively, i still play mine when i have time (which is rare :cry: )

Feels weird actually being able to aim at poo poo and hitting! Now when I miss its more my poor aiming and less lol colorado dispersion. Also gotta get used to much longer range. Feel like I have to completely relearn battleships because of the Colorados poor performance.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Night and loving day with the Colorado and North Carolina. I get 21 hits in the Colorado I probably only get 30-40k total damage if that, 21 hits in the NC and I get almost 70k damage.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Kinetica posted:

I have a lot of bonus xp stored, is there a US battleship/cruiser I should spend it on in order to skip it? If so, which one- I dont want to suffer like I did for japanese battleships :smith:

Colorado no doubt if you go BB. I assume Pensacola if you go cruisers, but I dont know since I went up the BB line when I got halfway through the Cleveland. I've unlocked the Pensacola but havent bothered buying it.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Seems like the Tirpitz at least is in the game now. Run into one 2 rounds in a row. Or have they been around for awhile and I just never noticed.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 7, 2015

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I ran into my favorite pubbie while playing my Murmansk. CAPTAIN_SAIGON_18 Aka a terrible carrier player who cant even manage a 1000 xp average per battle in a loving carrier. Also loves complaining nonstop about premium ships, any time a premium does something he froths at the mouth. This time it was me avoiding all his dive bombers and torpedo planes with around 800 hp in a Murmansk because he cant aim for poo poo.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Krogort posted:

For some reasons I had better accuracy in the Colorado than in the North Carolina.
I'm bad.

Yet I'm willing to bet your average damage is still higher on the North Carolina. My NC accuracy is lower than my Colorado but I honestly think it has more to do with the fact you can fire at much further ranges so you're probably not hitting as often due to the dispersion than poor accuracy.

EDIT:

grrarg posted:

Eh I don't think hit ratio percentages tell you very much given battleship dispersion, and a high hit percentage in a cruiser probably means you are not shooting enough or getting too close. Average XP per game is probably the best way to judge competency.

This pretty much. I have about 7% lower accuracy on the NC, but my average damage is sitting at nearly 60k compared to 41k on the Colorado. As well as my avg experience is about 200 higher as well on the NC. Also still getting used to the longer range.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Aug 8, 2015

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

cheese posted:

So I have to leave NDP on my WoT account to join SEAMN for WoWs?

I cant give up my MS-W tag, ALL THOSE MEMORIES. We used to be cool!

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Remember pubbies, if you're going to bitch someone out about being poo poo you should probably make sure you out score them. I'm looking at you jbobaf1.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Just had a great in a New Mexico division with Groggynard and Bobatron. It ended up placing us in a match against 2 Iowas. We showed them though. We ended up teaming up to maul one of their Iowas and then I was in the process of mauling the other one when I got shelled from both sides by cruisers. Ended up citadeling the Iowas about 4 times with my New Mexico guns. We gave them a good mauling.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 9, 2015

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

TehKeen posted:

^^ It is, and so is the New Mexico. ^^

New Mexico is an absolute beast. You will maul the gently caress out of people in it if your aim is up to snuff. Its the only ship I didnt sell after completing. Currently using it to feed credits for my North Carolina and I'm just raking in the silver.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 10, 2015

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Michi88 posted:

I almost always play hyper aggressive in my BB's, and 9 times out of 10 (if the team follows me) we stomp them into the ocean floor. Tanking shots with proper angling while myself and the team burn down the hp works wonders.

Ya unfortunately thats the main issue with BBs. Other players are just too drat passive and get scared at the slightest sign of opposition. They will turn and run leaving you to bear the brunt of 3 ships firing on you. Its just so frustrating when you citadel down an enemy cruiser and your team is nowhere in range to burn them down the last bit, so the cruiser is able to run away while I reload. I've started grouping with goons though and its become a non issue. Although we can only carry so much.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I'm on fire tonight.

First I had my best game on my account ever in the New Mexico.

Then I had my second best with the North Carolina.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Aug 11, 2015

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Just had my best single damage salvo. Hit an Iowa with 3 citadels from from 1 North Carolina salvo. Ended up doing something around 50,000 damage, then I just finished him off with a 4th citadel. I REALLY need to remember to enable replays. Also should point out that I was driving directly at him so only my front guns fired on him, so that was 3 citadels out of 6 shells.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Aug 11, 2015

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

ranbo das posted:

The Wyoming is decent once you get it kitted out and have a couple of games under your belt. The New York is good bordering on great, the New Mexico is amazing, we don't talk about the colorado, the North carolina is great with the Iowa/Montana apparently being borderline OP

New Mexico in my opinion is the best tier 6 ship. I admit the only other one I've played is the Cleveland but I just poo poo on other ships when I'm playing my New Mexico. I mean I've gone up against Iowas, admittedly with some help and even if they end up getting me, I mauled the gently caress out of them.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Sneaky Kettle posted:

I'm four games into the New Mexico, and so far it's a pile of garbage compared to the New York. I've either been utterly decimated in every engagement I've gotten into, or I've been outrun by allies so much so that I don't get to do anything. I got less XP on my first win of the day than I do for most losses.

It has the same gun stats as the New York, but it feels clumsy and inadequate. It sure as hell can't aim straight; I'm lucky if two of three rounds from each gun go anywhere near the target. Hitting citadels is almost out of the question. I could routinely snipe Omaha and Aoba citadels with a New York, but I'm just bracketing those ships with fire over and over. Two shells land in front, and one behind, or vice versa. Mostly, I'm sitting there watching Cleves and Aobas do so much damage to my target that it's dead by the time I've reloaded, while conversely my health bar steadily disappears under a withering rain of HE and fire damage. There's no accuracy upgrade, but a range upgrade instead. What good does that do me when the guns can't hit at the range they're at now for the dispersion? It has an atrocious turning radius until it's upgraded, but it's 27,000 xp for all the upgrades, and I'm averaging 700xp a game. I'll go nuts if I have to play 38 games before I have a playable ship.

Yes, I'm salty, because I just spent a few million botebucks on this drat thing and the grind is looking even worse than the Furutaka's, and the Colorado is supposedly worse than this thing? What am I doing wrong here, before I throw this trash in a ditch and go back to my Fuso to grind to the Nagato?

I dont mean to come off as a dick, but if you're game name is Sneakykettle you should probably play more than 4 matches with a ship before you form an opinion on it. I cant say it enough but the New Mexico is one if not the best t6 ships. Just sounds like you started off on the wrong foot and now its clouded your perceptions of it. The range increase module and the rudder ones are great additions I suggest picking them up if you havent already. Other than that give it more time, pretty much all my top damage games have come from using the New Mexico. I'm fairly certain that by the time you finish leveling it you will come to love it.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Research the fire control as soon as you can. That boat is loving trash until you do. Fully upgraded and with the range extending equipment it's good.

Well, yeah. But at stock that ship is basically a lacerated haemorrhoid.

Saying a stock ship is poo poo is like saying water is wet and the sun is hot.

As for the accuracy its just not true, these are 4 salvos in a row.

And if you want to claim oh thats just short range everything is good short range here are some long range ones.
I mistimed the screenshot on this one but it was 3 hits for 4k damage

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

North Carolina is starting to get on my nerves. The shells are so loving floaty. Hitting anything above 15km is starting to turn into pure luck. Its also a HE magnet.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 12, 2015

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

gently caress draws and gently caress pubbies.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Hazdoc posted:

Its the ocean map. I cannot think of a worse map than that.

I actualy like Ocean its just a nice fun brawling map.

Fault line is my least favorite, just so many drat islands that in a battleship everyone is just popping in and out of islands. You see a guy he pops behind an island before you fire, as he pops out of the island, you're going behind an island so still no shot. Second least favorite is Fields of Ice.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Sneaky Kettle posted:

New Mexico words

Are you stagger firing, or are you firing a salvo? I always salvo and my shells land pretty much in a nice pattern.

Clevelands are easy to get high damage on even if you dont citadel them. I'm trying to get a nice screenshot of how to aim at them but my team isnt cooperating and are blowing away the enemy clevelands before I can.

This is the best I can get atm.

It lagged up a bit when I took it and the mountain fucks up the flight time, but it should be around 6-8 seconds for shell. My team blew him up as my shells were coming in so I couldnt get an after shot. The only other thing I can think of is you're trying too hard to do everything at absolute max possible range so your shells experience even more dispersion.

Another example, this one is an Aoba but premise still stands

Was a little quick on the screenshot button but you can see the citadel indication. Was like 2 Citadels and a devastating strike.

Dispersion got me on this one but it still works.

Final example, 30 seconds after the last one. As well as it was only my first 2 turrets.

Stats for the game I took all but the first example.

Honestly I hope this helps a lot of people in the mid tier grind. Its not a perfect aiming solution for every ship since everyone has different flight times but for those of you in New Mexicos it should help a lot.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Aug 12, 2015

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Michi88 posted:

Play it mid- short range and keep your nose at the enemy, then laugh and yell I'M A JUGGERNAUT BITCH. /repeat

Ya I find those are my best games. Just nosing in at everyone and citadeling them back to the stone age. Just wish pubbies would follow me in, but I might as well be wishing to win the lottery. Winning the lottery would be more the more likely outcome.

I've posted so many pictures that imgur thinks I'm a bot. So 2 more wont hurt

Look at all them achievements. Only 140,000 till the Iowa.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Aug 12, 2015

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Michi88 posted:

I'll just leave this here again, I'm on a losing streak atm with the Iowa, I can do 200k dmg, and tank an entire teams worth of shooting for 5-10mins, but our other teammates are afraid to close to more then 15k and lose sniping matches. I really wish pubbies would grow a pair and stop acting like a rowboat in a BB.

Would be interesting to see your damage taken on this. Iowas are so bouncy its funny watching pubbies try and pen them. They see the high tier ships and the blinders go on and they just start spamming shells. "Why arent my pop guns penning this highly armored battleship thats angled away from me and at long range?" Its really bad anytime there is a Tirpitz in the game.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Aug 12, 2015

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I've said it before in this thread but if you really think the New Mexico is inaccurate garbage and an all around poo poo ship now is the time to stop leveling the line. The Colorado is a 100 times worse grind. So unless you have the gold to free xp through the Colorado you should focus on your other ships instead.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 12, 2015

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Washout posted:

Is anyone going to PAX prime? If so will you get some Tirpitz codes and send them around?

Yes please.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Washout posted:

You are playing wrong then, I can solo almost any BB with a cleveland, just stay at 14-16km and rain on them until they burn to death, they can't handle the number of fires you keep restarting on them.

Pretty much. HE is just too good at the moment.

God I wish my internet was working properly so I could play. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

grrarg posted:

Orangejuche is a goon, right? Teamkilled me by accident earlier and apologized, but my internet went out for a few minutes so I was not able to say no problem. Storms and my crappy DSL have made this double xp weekend a bitch. Get top xp and it ends up being a 20 minute draw. Internet hiccups after 2 minutes in a match and the team goes on to win for a 100xp double.

At least your DSL is working. Last 3 days mine has just been going up and down, up and down every minute or so. I was really hoping to grind the last 100k xp and 10 million credits for the Iowa before my premium was up in a few days but that doesnt appear like its going to happen. :(