Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ten bucks for everything

http://www.gog.com/promo/weekly_staff_picks_the_drodening_090315

buy it you mongoloids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
drod is really good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

drod is really good

i just started playing and it's so insanely good

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can play a lot of the first one online for free, which is what I did, to see if I like it. Well guess what I do.
http://caravelgames.com/Articles/Games_2/FlashDROD/KDDL.html

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All of the sequels are even better than the original too. Except Tendry's Tale which is a different kind of game. I don't like that one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What is Drod, and how long are the games.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Backstory: Beethro Budkin, fifth-generation professional dungeon exterminator, was hired by King Dugan to clear the king's multi-level dungeon of a large monster infestation. Beethro charges by the room, and as a professional, he is contract-bound to clear all the monsters from each and every room in the dungeon to get paid. The only weapon Beethro needs to do his job is a Really Big Sword™ that will defeat almost any monster in a single hit.

Your objective is to clear each level of King Dugan's Dungeon of monsters. This feat can be accomplished using only your Really Big Sword™ and your wits. Each room is a separate area that has to be cleared in a single session. Should you leave a room without completely clearing it, it will be restored to its initial state when you return.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

This is a very good deal, DRODs are like the best puzzle games out there.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I'm not getting it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

What is Drod, and how long are the games.

drod are insanely win puzzle games. only played the first couple so far (the first one's ok but the second one's way better) but they're very smart and fair and you feel loving great when you solve a puzzle

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Jackie D posted:

I'm not getting it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az1c7HmXOnI

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I don't have $10 so if someone bought this for me, I would play it

But actually I'd just play Hotline Miami 2 and Payday all day isntead

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I played the architect edition freeware way too long ago and I remember enjoying it, but also not finishing it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

qnqnx posted:

I played the architect edition freeware way too long ago and I remember enjoying it, but also not finishing it

well this is your chance to both enjoy and finish it, and the other games in the series

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Sorry OP I think i'm going to use my blood money to buy Dragon Ball Xenoverse instead

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Ralp posted:

Backstory: Beethro Budkin, fifth-generation professional dungeon exterminator, was hired by King Dugan to clear the king's multi-level dungeon of a large monster infestation. Beethro charges by the room, and as a professional, he is contract-bound to clear all the monsters from each and every room in the dungeon to get paid. The only weapon Beethro needs to do his job is a Really Big Sword™ that will defeat almost any monster in a single hit.

Your objective is to clear each level of King Dugan's Dungeon of monsters. This feat can be accomplished using only your Really Big Sword™ and your wits. Each room is a separate area that has to be cleared in a single session. Should you leave a room without completely clearing it, it will be restored to its initial state when you return.
wheres the rest of your dork boretress lp

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Sorry OP I think i'm going to use my blood money to buy Dragon Ball Xenoverse instead

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I played a little bit on that site and drod seems really loving great if you like to bathe on the infinite boredom brought to you by puzzle games.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

program666 posted:

I played a little bit on that site and drod seems really loving great if you like to bathe on the infinite boredom brought to you by puzzle games.

I bet you smell like wet dog irl

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

well, the sale's over. grats to all you lucky gamers who bought drod. to everyone else, better luck next time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

this is now a space to talk about how insanely win drod is, give your drod tips, etc

• Locked thread