Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
So after receiving the results of his x-rays to determine the extent of the damage his leg has already sustained, I feel like it's time to go ahead and post this here.

This is Seamus, he is a 1 year old 130lb puppy Alaskan Malamute/Husky mix. We adopted him from a bad and irresponsible owner. He was born with a deformity in his leg uncommon to his breed that has degenerated into Grade 3 Lateral Luxating Patella. tl;dr he has a floating kneecap that is loving up his leg.

Because of this, he does not have full function of his leg and compensates by not putting weight on it and instead uses it more like stabilizing kick stand, he has severe atrophy in his leg muscle and has also begun to develop degenerative arthritis.

I hate asking people for money and I have tried raising the funds on my own through saving and selling what we own that we can spare. If it weren't for the fact that we are now running out of time before his quality of life post surgery begins plummeting, I wouldn't post this at all.

All the details on his condition and what type of surgery he will need are on his GoFundMe page that my wife has built for him. So far we've gotten some help from close family and friends but we're still a ways away from reaching our goal.

In either case, if you can't spare the money, all I ask is that you pass the message along. He really needs the help now.

Any donations we receive that exceed the estimate for the surgery will be donated to whatever foundation or group that assists with paying for dogs and other pets with mobility issues or to whomever develops prosthetics that assist with mobility where surgery cannot.

The GoFundMe for Seamus is currently open for donations.

I'm hoping a Goon Rush can give this dog the quality of life and ability to remain walking he deserves.

Shameless pitiful pictures incoming:

Enjoying the recent snowfalls.

Trying to wake up from getting x-rays.

Can't wake up from getting x-rays.

Big sister keeping him company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
itt we are gay cavemen

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
If you were sick or injured, the dog would wait loyally by your side until the time came to eat you.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Give Pat a Job posted:

If you were sick or injured, the dog would wait loyally by your side until the time came to eat you.

This just doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Give Pat a Job posted:

Its messed up that most people wouldn't do the same for their dog.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

a hole-y ghost posted:

Its messed up that most people wouldn't do the same for their dog.

koreans would

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Take it to Pet Island fag.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

nah, those guys usually just buy someone else's dog and cut it up... impatient imo

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
lol if you seriously don't have like 4k stashed away for an emergency type of thing. I was expecting needing like 25k or something. How loving poor / terrible at life are you that you can't afford that? Give the dog to someone who's not retarded.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Asking for donations is against PI rules but since it looks like this was moved in from GBS I'm not going to do Mod Things at you.

I gassed your second thread, please don't post it again.

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
Euth and buy another

• Locked thread