Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
Misericorde is pretty good so far, would recommend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
On the devs podcast they regularly reference WTC, especially Umineko. A few years back they did a thing in the patreon exclusive episodes where they talked about their feelings on the series during a reread, and later talked a bunch about Higurashi Gou

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
I love Gohda because as presented he's just a guy with not much going on who's an rear end in a top hat but not enough that it really feels justified to kill him.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
That's probably the best way to do it, but if you aren't put off by the original art you could just use the standard steam release with no modding, the music changes aren't too bad imo

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Rockman Reserve posted:

I still haven't even started Ciconia because I don't think I have it in me to start a WTC that's probably not going to get completed, but the discussion on the last page or so re: how COVID made the story not really work anymore made me really curious. Can someone give me a view-from-10,000-feet summary/pitch of the setting/plot? Like I'd call Umineko a study on mysteries, truth, love, and trauma and I'd call Higurashi gently caress, IDK, I like Hig but it doesn't seem nearly as cohesive thematically....

I'd call Higurashi a study of community solidarity and the importance of communication, but it is less focused than Umineko which has a few core ideas and everything in the narrative elaborates on one or more of them

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Snooze Cruise posted:

Eva fans sign off! If you are a fan of Eva who is way cooler than her lame husband and son, quote this post.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
Well deserved!

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
It does not put its strongest foot forward, but luckily the worst is behind you

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
The early bit that really sold me on Misericorde was when she's still the anchoress and the conversation quickly becomes "Hey isn't it weird that people get killed for being gay? Do you think about handsome men or beautiful women more often? How would you feel if a woman called you hot? Let's try and find a way to see each others faces!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Rockman Reserve posted:

I’m still missing some loving achievements for both Higurashi and Umineko and I don’t have any idea how. I mean they’re 99.99% kinetic novels and I got the hidden ending of Higurashi and the plushie in Umineko so I can only imagine some of the triggers were fucky when I played?

I don't have the umineko achievement for solving the game in episode 8 without any hints, because I wanted to see Battler and Beatrice talk about it and didn't feel like rereading it, but otherwise have them all