Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Is Fragment's Note worth playing at all? It really doesn't look like it, but I've seen people mention it as a highlight of the PlayStation Mobile game library. I'd like to grab it while I still can if it's any good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Junpei Hyde posted:

If I enjoyed Hakuoki would I also like Sweet Fuse on PSP?

My girlfriend and I both enjoyed it. It's funny and entertaining, and the protagonist isn't nearly as spineless as Hakuoki's. The central gimmick is that she has a short fuse, and a lot of the decision points are about either keeping cool or verbally taking down whoever's pissing you off.

The worst I can say about it is that one of the routes is a bit creepy due to the character you romance being an irredeemably terrible person, but it's nothing particularly bad by the standards of the genre.

Also don't buy the game for the puzzles as they barely qualify as puzzles.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Mar 12, 2015

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

Delusibeta posted:

Talking about the PS3/V version of Steins;gate, pQube's announced a release month (May) and that they're doing a special edition via their store. Regular physical editions will probably be rolling out on EU stores soon.

No word of a physical edition in the US, right? I wouldn't care much, except for the Vita memory sticks being so expensive.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

Rollersnake posted:

Is Fragment's Note worth playing at all? It really doesn't look like it, but I've seen people mention it as a highlight of the PlayStation Mobile game library. I'd like to grab it while I still can if it's any good.

Just answering my own question from page 1—this VN has no redeeming qualities, and it's too generically bad to even find humor in it.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 16, 2015

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Is there anything in Zero Time Dilemma that is really going to win me over if I thought the first two Zero Escape games were decent at best? I feel like after Virtue's Last Reward there's nowhere interesting or surprising they could go with the story, but I'd like to be proven wrong. Also, how are the puzzles?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

Saoshyant posted:

It's not a sequel. It's a "side-quel". It's the events that follow one of the (non canon) endings of the original game.

Which ending, just out of curiosity? Because if it's the one that I thought was more interesting than the true ending, I might have to play this.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i'm still not sold on the idea of a S;G sequel, but i'll probably play it regardless.

I was hoping that it followed the Suzuha ending, as that's the closest thing to a good sequel hook I saw in Steins;Gate, but oh well. I'll probably end up playing it and complaining about it anyway.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Does Fata Morgana have much in the way of decision points/multiple routes? I've never been able to really get into the strictly linear VNs.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
You don't have to go out of your way to see any of the endings besides the true one, so you may as well replay/fast-forward from chapter 4 and see each of the endings as you come to them.

You've already seen what I thought was the best ending.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

dmboogie posted:

yep! though fyi Confines of the Crown is a straight-up VN, it doesn't have any gameplay mechanics like their other titles.

It's only like half-otome but I'll take a moment to plug Magical Diary while we're on the subject; it pokes fun at Harry Potter wizard school poo poo while simultaneously being kind of a love letter to it, the actual magic parts are surprisingly fun and in-depth and the characters are all p. endearing. There is one fukken asshat guy, but he is intentionally written to be Bad and is treated as such in-universe.

Re: asshat guy. If you completely refuse to put up with him, he actually leaves you alone and disappears from the rest of the story. I really, really did not expect to be able to tell an obviously major character to just gently caress off and have it actually work. Magical Diary impressed me in quite a few unexpected ways, and this was my favorite. I'll definitely be checking out Confines of the Crown soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

Dawgstar posted:

Can I get an elevator pitch for Steins:Gate? I'm afraid anywhere I actually look up stuff for it will just be a spoiler.

A slacker amateur scientist stumbles upon the secret to time travel when microwaving bananas.