Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

post if youre getting paid basiclly 1 percenter salaries to port over excel's functionality to a "enterprise" web site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Excel is poo poo, I'm goad you're getting paid to make better processes

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Spreadsheet risk is the most underappreciated risk to most companies.

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

:justpost:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

yard salad posted:

post if youre getting paid basiclly 1 percenter salaries to port over excel's functionality to a "enterprise" web site

I get paid 1 percenter salary to read your lovely posts, as well as make my own

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i get paid to make the server that your bespoke enterprise websites run on. lol.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

yard salad posted:

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

who coined the term "database skinning"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

yard salad posted:

1 percenter world wide or 1 percenter first world?

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

definitely world wide 1 percenter, im not that good at making excel for the web

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

lol if someone makes a form builder / relational db document manager thats worth half a drat were all hosed

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

we use tons of spreadsheets but mostly just for organizing lots of text in grid format real math is done by dedicated applications (which look a lot like excel)

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

yard salad posted:

lol if someone makes a form builder / relational db document manager thats worth half a drat were all hosed

this is a literal impossibility because anyone who tries to make it would be instantly drowned in "well, we'd totally buy it but we need [INSERT STUPID CUSTOM COMPLICATED USE CASE]" so you'd basically have to re-create sap from scratch and sap already exists

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Many many excel spreadsheets should be replaced by a db and lovely win forms app

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Your pension is probably managed by a bunch of guys manually entering data into a xlsm on a shared network drive

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
ever thought about if you replace the ee with an i in spreadsheet you get spreadshit?

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
i think about this a lot

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pointsofdata posted:

Your pension is probably managed by a bunch of guys manually entering data into a xlsm on a shared network drive

well that's because nobody under 50 actually has a pension

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I have to wear a lanyard to get paid to excel

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I have to wear a lanyard to get paid to excel

i call lanyards "the yoke of servitude", just my joke to help me get through the day

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

you joke [yoke?] but I see dudes with their badges out at bars at like 8pm it's pretty shameful

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

qirex posted:

you joke [yoke?] but I see dudes with their badges out at bars at like 8pm it's pretty shameful

mine goes in my pcoket or bag literally as i walk through the door.

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

at my current job belt-clip badges are the norm. they hang on your belt buckle and swing awkwardly as you walk, often hitting your nuts.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mine is one of the little black buttplug shaped ones so i keep it on my keyring

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

the cool thing about lanyards is that if you are having a bad day you can use it to hang yourself with

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

the cool thing about lanyards is that if you are having a bad day you can use it to hang yourself with

i wish, mine has one of those stupid safety buckles on it :smith:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

St Evan Echoes posted:

mine is one of the little black buttplug shaped ones so i keep it on my keyring

same

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i help make software that puts your lovely .net enterprise excel replacements in the cloud op

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

uncurable mlady posted:

i help make software that puts your lovely .net enterprise excel replacements in the cloud op

Can you put excel in the cloud?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

pointsofdata posted:

Can you put excel in the cloud?

essentially, yes

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

you can connect your spreadsheet to a azure hadoop instance using odbc!!!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

just listen to all you smart intelligent nerds

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
im required to wear my id card openly when on compamny premises so of course i have it in my wallet and no one gives a poo poo

also my ratbag coworker broke my lanyard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

you can get another one they are very cheap bobjimbobbybob

• Locked thread