Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://habrahabr.ru/post/252939/
its in moonrunes but basically skype is escalating with some weird link censorship poo poo on arbitrary websites and not always websites ( /var/log/www/access.website :lol: )
any worthy alternatives with voice/video calls? should be free, i regularly talk just to 2.5 shut-ins so conversion is not problem
preferably cross-platform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

go back in time and downloadthe ICQ workgroup server and clients

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

or just use Sky-pee

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

jitsi or pidgin i guess

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
just use hangouts or imessage or pidgin op

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
use teamviewer and type in the same notepad window

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 377 days!
im more about snype tbqh

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
msn messenger was good. line is pretty cool actually and a lot like msn. they have a desktop client + Japanese so no NSA.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hmm. doesnt support voice/video on wandows. hangouts/imessage not suitable for most of my guys. line has weird app restrictions, unique accounts for each mobile device. icq/msn :rip:

i looked at some other stuff. telegram has no voice/video calls. tox seems to be another nsa hype train thing not yet out into usability phase. trillian wants money for being ad free and has some weird stuff about it's audio/video stuff.

i guess ill try jitsi

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Maximum Leader posted:

msn messenger was good. line is pretty cool actually and a lot like msn. they have a desktop client + Japanese so no NSA.

idiot detected

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ugh i forgot dillema of getting trusted xmpp server and i cba to set up my own
back to googling

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
if you think the nsa give a poo poo about your lovely skype conversations then take a step back

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Valeyard posted:

if you think the nsa give a poo poo about your lovely skype conversations then take a step back
no i dont care about that, they are free to steal my gifs of people getting hurt and my video game chats. problem for me is that skype has begun to censoring some links in arbitrary manner, which kind-of hinders its purpose. if this is some bug and they resolve it then im ok with staying at it

by trusted xmpp server i meant one with good uptime/decent admin

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

FaceTime

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
skypelark

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Skype for xbone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
u cant set push to talk on skype. their forums were just ppl saying "its like a phone, phones dont have ptt" loving morons

• Locked thread