Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

thejoshie posted:

Written from the hand of your leader (until Commander Booty find someone better)

So, now that Booty has named me the Squad leader, it time to set some things straight...

Each and everyone of you (especially Jimmy who showed that he has a spine of a wet noodle by failing to back me up with a grenade due to panicing) for a lack of a better term... suck.

But there's hope for all of you. Hope in the form of glorious death to XCOM where you can honor humanity by giving them your lives.

Me, being the selfless woman that I am, will forgo the honor of dieing. Such is the price to pay for being the squad leader.

For those of you with kills, congrats, a juice box awaits you in your bunks (except for Jimmy. drat coward). For the rest of you, pay attention as those who were promoted (except for Jimmy) ar3 enjoying their box of fruity goodness and realize just how worthless you are. If they have juice boxes, and they suck, imagine how bad 'you' are.

So, in closing, we have a long way to go before becoming the squad that Commander Booty can count on to send aliens back to mars, or cydonia, or wherever they came from in iddy, biddy, didy bags. Part of the reason of that is that none of you are as Awesome as me. I'm aiming to change that by putting in constant danger while I stay safe and sound. I'm denying myself a glorious death so that you all may experience it.

P.S. While you are promoted, none of you equal the rank of Squad Leader. This is not open to debate until I die... which is an unfair and unthinkable compromise since I refuse to steal any of your moments.

P.P.S. Jimmy, your promotion is actually a demotion... to toilet cleaner. The next time you panic in the face of the enemy and embarass me, you will be eating off those toilets.

:allears:

I await the continuing adventures of Kindergarden Juice-Box Death Squad with baited breath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I wanted to suggest "Pretty Good", but

SaffronKit posted:

Dang it Coach Commander Booty put me back in I can take'em! I eat plasma for breakfast and pop alien heads for lunch! Also a request to be pink as hell when I get back in the fight.

Also as a codename for thejoshie, there can be only one. Corporal 'Juicebox' thejoshie

This is perfect.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I kind of like "Beacon" as a name for Torchlighter, since his holotargetting acts as a beacon for the rest of the squad, and he does it all the time.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Well that's pretty neat. Do you need actual Excel for it or would something like Open Office be able to run that?

Relatedly, soneone do this for MechWarrior. :getin:

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Veloxyll posted:

Auto-cannons in that game were great for so many reasons. I kept one on squad long after it had waned in effectiveness against alines.

Because it was so good at scenery and area denial.
I also had no hesitation in using rocket tanks for similar purposes. I would love to play a modern version. With collapsible buildings etc.

:negative:

We keep asking for it, and they just keep saying no.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Not sure if you have a backlog for adding people, but I'd happily throw my name into the pool.

No preference on Gender or Class. If I get boy parts go with Vic Roid, if I get girl parts roll with Vicky Void.

Can we re-name Colonel Corazon to General Corazon, and change her nickname to "Modern"? Because she is the very model of a Modern Major General.

RickVoid fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 13, 2016

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

ikanreed posted:

I keep vainly hoping every day that we get to see more alien slaughter.

I hope you'll attend the ProfessorBooty candlelight vigil this evening then. In this trying time, we could all use the extra support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
So ProfessorBooty lives. Perhaps someday he will return to us.

• Locked thread