Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Just started watching this LP, and I think this is one of the best VLPs I've ever seen. I personally never got into X-Com, but my best buddy in college loved the game, so it's great to finally see someone really good at the game slowly explain it mission-by-mission.

ProfessorBooty and Kidneyman have really good complementary personalities. It seems that Professor is a bit more aggressive and Kidneyman likes a slower more careful approach, so it's great to listen to them discuss strategy, sound out ideas, and (occasionally) get snippy at each other. It's like Holmes and Dr. Watson.

I'm sad that I wasn't here for the beginning, and I'm only on Mission 22, so there's still a lot to watch before I get caught up, but I'm definitely looking forward to being here for the rest of this playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

How much longer until 'Colonel' Colonel Corazon make colonel?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

ProfessorBooty posted:

http://www.hitbox.tv/professorbooty

Channel is live now. I'll start as soon as some people join in.

Just joined. Glad I caught this.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Only if every mission worked like the last one.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

There's a huge difference between reloading due to a bad roll and reloading due to a game bug.

Here, reload.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

That was a nice mission. Hopefully the base assault isn't 8 videos long.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Another mission by-the-numbers. Looking forward to the base assault.

Any chance of a second X-Com 2 stream?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

ProfessorBooty posted:

I just spoke with Kidneyman. He sounds like he's willing to stream on commander/ironman or legendary/ironman, but I'm not sure if/when we would start.

How about moving right on to a X-Com 2 LP after this one? :)

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

The SHIV was conspicuously absent from the intro cut scene.

If the SHIV can't use ropes, how does it get down?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

64bitrobot posted:

To be fair, 'shoot gun' is a very effective ability and the majority of your killing power. :pseudo:

One could argue that the maximum single-turn damage possible is by dominating a gatekeeper, which then provides ~7-8 extra damage per turn (on average) afterwards for the entire mission.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Don't tell me this LP is dead :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

At least he's not dead...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread