Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
http://theweek.com/speedreads/544205/steve-jobs-refused-liver-transplant-from-tim-cook

quote:

Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
In Steve Jobs' final years, his successor Tim Cook offered him a partial liver transplant, but Jobs refused. Jobs suffered from ascites, a side effect of cancer, which caused so much pain he could barely get out of bed, Fast Company reports.

The detail is revealed in the upcoming Becoming Steve Jobs, written by Brent Schlender and Rick Tetzeli. According to the book, Cook underwent tests and found he could provide Jobs with a partial liver transplant, which Jobs refused to accept.

"Steve only yelled at me four or five times during the 13 years I knew him, and this was one of them," Cook apparently said. After he offered the suggestion to Jobs, since they both had the same rare blood type, Jobs told Cook, "I'll never let you do that. I'll never do that."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
Jobs told Cook, "I'll never let you do that. I'll never do that. I'll never let you give me the AIDS."

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
Steve died because he was a retarded hippy who turned down cancer medicine, which works, in favour of hippy black magic, which does not.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Gay liver? Not in my body

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

holy poo poo i though this was a fakepost

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
Steve would not allow any body part from another man to enter his body

except cock :laugh:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
Just an early example of Timb failing to deliver

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

heyoooooo

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
are you allowed to drink after a partial liver transplant?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Steve Jobs deserves to be dead, I only wish he could have suffered more painfully

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Peanut and the Gang posted:

Jobs told Cook, "I'll never let you do that. I'll never do that. I'll never let you give me the AIDS."

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
he gets a new liver and weeks later he appears on stage to announce liver 2.0

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i thought i read in the last apple thread that timb gave stebe aids? and stebe died of aids not cancer.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
well aids is gay cancer, so, six of one, nahmean

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

black man 3 posted:

Steve died because he was a retarded hippy who turned down cancer medicine, which works, in favour of hippy black magic, which does not.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
stoic and heroic, even in his final days

pram
Jun 10, 2001
we would be so lucky to be as beloved as steve. to have your minion offer his own body parts? we could only dream of commanding such loyalty. nobility

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
let's resurrect him

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

pram posted:

stoic and heroic, even in his final days

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Stop.

I needed to reboot.

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
it's just not the same when he offers it willingly
it has to be stolen from a poor

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
don't 4 get stebe bought a mansion in tenneesee or whatever so he could mess with the donor/implant list and the doctor who was in charge of the list there / did the surgery got to live in the house / was given the house.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Beast of Bourbon posted:

don't 4 get stebe bought a mansion in tenneesee or whatever so he could mess with the donor/implant list and the doctor who was in charge of the list there / did the surgery got to live in the house / was given the house.

correct

and if anyone thinks to ask "hey did steve just give him the house as an unexpected thank you gift?" no, the doctor knew about because steve had invited him there before and he asked about buying it

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

think its pretty well established at this point that stebe was brilliant but a giant douche

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

think its pretty well established at this point that stebe was brilliant but a giant douche

the only reason 99% of us aren't giant douches is that we arent billionaires that can do childish poo poo like lease a new mercedes every 60 days so you dont ever have to go down to get permanent plates

if we had his money we would do the exact same poo poo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i mean theres also the chance that maybe steve was loving tired of this stupid idiot world and his success with resurrecting apple proved to him that people are dumb sheep that just eat branding and poo poo money and maybe he got depressed over that and decided to check out

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

the only reason 99% of us aren't giant douches is that we arent billionaires that can do childish poo poo like lease a new mercedes every 60 days so you dont ever have to go down to get permanent plates

You, maybe

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

if i had his money i would do actual fun things and then probably help bill gates save the world.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

I don't think so, timb

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
like i would get a boat, but i wouldn't get an ugly one like steve did and also i would actually use the boat.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the yacht was a misstep we can all agree on this

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
the yacht is great, it was controlled by an ipod touch and they never paid the builders because they're like "welp, stebe died, we'll take the boat but not pay you."

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Beast of Bourbon posted:

the yacht is great, it was controlled by an ipod touch and they never paid the builders because they're like "welp, stebe died, we'll take the boat but not pay you."

they never finished the boat, it was meant to be an ark

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i guess boats are just like cars to me. i'd rather have ten different junker boats than one super nice one i cant scratch

gimme a barn full of volvos and saabs and subarus

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 377 days!

Jonny 290 posted:

i guess boats are just like cars to me. i'd rather have ten different junker boats than one super nice one i cant scratch

gimme a barn full of volvos and saabs and subarus

agreed and same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
mega yachts are dumb unless ur looking to ferry loads of people around

• Locked thread