Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
gently caress it, I got a PS4 to play Bloodborne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Bloodfart, Turd Borne, Blood Boner, Crud Borne, Blood Snore-n, Blood Bored, Bilb Borne, Cum Corn, Snrub Snrorn, Fail Fag: the Movie: The videogame.

Lol

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Any of you cool PS4 owners get Helldivers? Im playing that until Bloodbourne Identity is out.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

drat, I wish I knew where to get an early copy, people streaming now, its gonna be a rough 9 days.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

I have looked at every single spoiler image and info I could get my hands on, game is gonna be sicker than you can imagine. Just... dont look at the trophy list, that was a little too much actually.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

I want to play this real bad, but school and work get in the way....

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Just got this game, its pretty cool, I beat the first boss on my first try, it was those 2 werewolves before it that were deadlier. Also killed a giant pig by shoving my hand up its rear end, and met an NPC with a plague mask, gave me a gesture.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Fighting him was really intense, especially when he changes forms, I killed him with a visceral attack, it was pretty epic.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Post your guys. I bought Father Gasciognes set, it's pretty baller.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

I read a note on the ground warning about that, heard that weird noise and got freaked out and ran.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Hey man you do what you gotta do to get through. Hey so is there nothing you can do in Cathedral Ward after beatin Gascoin? I'm just wondering if im missing something or if I just have to go to Old Yarnham next.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Smashing.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Holy poo poo, Old Yarnham is crazy, made it to the streets and got owned by a werewolf crashing through a door.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Holy poo poo, there is a very nasty surprise waiting at the bottom of the church workshop tower.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

I think it's hilarious that you can upgrade your torch, it does poo poo load of damage against beasts, I also picked the Cruel Fate origin so the arcane boost is pretty decent on it,it was way useful in old Yarnham.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

I like to keep my pistol in my other hand so I can land some sick counters

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Well I got grabbed by the ghoulies! Made it out just fine though, that area is terrifying.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Yep. I also get into panic mode and start backing away from bosses to heal, which usually gets me killed more often than not. Finally beat Vicar last night, after a billion tries, the solution was to use fire and hit her a lot and then stab my hand into her face. I also made more progress in the chalice dungeon, made it to the watchdog, but my lack of blood vials kinda hampered me, so I just went to Hemwick.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Holy poo poo I was not expecting all this lovecratian poo poo to be happening based off the early part of the game, the enemies and locations and poo poo are continuing to get creepier and crazier as I keep going, it's pretty awesome.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Going Arcane was a good idea, the Tonritus kicks rear end, as does having faster dodges. Also I beat Amygdala on my first try, I dont know if there are any more cool items in that area, but gently caress poison swamps.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Anybody take advantage of those beast pellets? I've tried a couple times but I can never land enough hits on enemies to make the gauge go up very high.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Is there any benefit to high insight? I heard it just makes enemies have new attacks and you're more susceptible to frenzy.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Yeah that sets really cool, although my favorite is definitely the knight set at the moment.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Well thats really cool, I have like 50 insight at the moment, may as well see what more can do, I have like 30 Madman Skulls that I can use.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

I'm a Vileblood now.Time to hunt some hunters.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

I fought Blood Starved Beast in a giant arena with poison water all over it in one of the root dungeons, still went down like a chump. The deeper dungeons get hard quick though, fighting Rom again in a tiny rear end room is much more challenging, also he has way more health. I got some pretty good gems and alt versions of some weapons in the deeper dungeons though so it's worth it.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

It's cool that a lot of bosses are optional, it's very easy to just go try a different route when you reach an impasse. The frenzy guys and that cannibal werewolf are my favorite enemy designs so far.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Its much better to just buy any vials you need with leftover echoes, much less time wasted.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

and again, I have no idea where to go lol.

That crown is important.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Goddamn it, I got the stupid item dupe glitch, all my blood vials I've been buying are lead elixers, and I can only get rid of then 3 at a time, such bullshit.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Same. I haven't seen any more of those rolling fat guys with a mace, those guys are loving hilarious.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

I made some good progress yesterday, killed The One Reborn and Celestial Emissary, and got a sweet item that requires 40 arcane to use, it sounds sweet as hell.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

The real Bloodborne starts here!

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Get a lightning weapon, also use the pillars to block his meteors. That worked for me, but yeah that fight is tedious. The boss after him though is really cool though.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

drat this game was awesome, I have one last hurdle to clear, but this was for sure one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had, gonna try to do more multiplayer on New Game +.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

exmorte posted:

Look where the old dude is pointing in brygenworth and go take a leap of faith.

I like that you have to figure that part out on your own, the runes also give you hints so it's not such a huge logic leap, but definitely one of the coolest moments.

I went camping this weekend, the Lunar Eclipse was very appropriate.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

I went with an arcane build, and yeah there isnt much in the way of spells, they are fairly well powerful and have good utility, but you'll still be hitting stuff a lot, but you can really take advantage of elemental weaknesses by just slotting your weapons right. Also the flamethrower and the Holy water mister do quite a bit of dmg with high arcane.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Yeah I try to include transformation attacks into all my combos because of that. Like the Kirkhammer, you can do a two handed sword swing that only comes out of you hit attack right after transforming, or a thrust with the hammer head after attaching it.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

I think Shadow of Yarnham may have gotten screwed up for me because of that glitch, I never saw the big snakes come out or anything, and the last guy would just dodge away every time hit him so I could follow up and strike him, like stuck in a pattern.
In other news I beat the last boss, and the secret last boss in one go yesterday, it was pretty cool. I'm trying the harder chalice dungeons now, and jesus, Abhorrent beast is a loving rear end in a top hat. It takes forever to bring him down cause you can only land one or 2 hits a time safely, and when you try to heal he does that charging swipe on command. It's like a war of attrition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

rediscover posted:

numbers didnt go that high in dark souls..... my desire to play this game has juts increased exponentialy, farther than i ever thought possible. high numbers make my poo poo stiff, you see

I once did over 12000 dmg with a charged Kirkhammer strike by hitting one of those weird centepedes' weak spot which looks like a flower while it was still in the ground. I was pretty flabbergasted.