Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ps4 is already slim as gently caress and didn't ship with any non integral components afaik. like they literally removed a playstation 2 from the ps3 to make that thing slim didn't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thug Lessons posted:

Hey OP, you know what else is bloodborne?

uh aids, i believe. c/d?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Benny D posted:

Is all this framerate talk for real or what imps........ Gonna buy a ps4 for kojimas new masterpiece anyway should I just wait for that?????

lol. congrats p666 you got one

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the ones i've seen are all beastly and either non-human or human hybrid so i doubt they will feel as similar as ds2's armor suits

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

zen death robot posted:

The new ps4 update that lets you suspend the game when you put it in 'rest mode' and then pick up exactly where you left off is great for this game

mine keeps kicking me to the title screen

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Got the daggers/sword of mercy. rules. l2 attack is a slash and dash back that lets you just walk up and stab anything

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Demon's is best and closer to Bloodborne in tone and horror i think. Dark souls has an incredible first half but the second half of the game is long, boring and barely even finished in parts.

True for me pretty much too. No game is ever going to be as good as DS1 through O+S fight for me but i rarely go past that point when I replay (dukes archive still gets a visit because its well done imo though).

I am just happy that bloodborne is making the hyper nerd pvp crowd so pissed off. after DS2 gave up all the world design polish and atmosphere and catered to the type of nut that wants to do math to win the repetitive scenarios in a video game its nice to see the tables turned back for a while and a solid single player/co-op experience delivered with a fully realized and intricate world like in the beginning of the series.

I'm sure they'll add arenas back in the dlc like they did for ds1 though but until then i feast on tears.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

zen death robot posted:

The only time I had a PvP encounter in Dark Souls it was some incredibly maxed out guy invading and pummeling the poo poo out of me when I had just started playing

yeah. but then a guy showed up and dropped a duped copy of like every weapon in the game on the ground before waving and jumping off a ledge to his death so it all works out.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

zen death robot posted:

Someone named DarkNermal showed up to PvP me just now, glad I was paying attention.

send him back to dark abu dhabi

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

don't forget he also actually wants to fight bsb all day long too watching newbs lose.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sector_corrector posted:

can someone give me a small hint: beat the blood starved beast and now i have no idea where to go. i've tried all three paths from the cathedral ward, and they all seemed to dead-end without a way forward.

beating the blood starved beast opens the 3rd door in oedon chapel which can be used to bypass the gate that costs 10k echoes to open

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

01011001 posted:

that yahargul gank squad is bad news

cowards way:
blue elixer, sneak up on middle guy for the kill, run to lamp and hide
sneak down left stairs on lightning woman for the kill, run to lamp and hide
sneak down right wall behind cannon guy for the kill

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if you don't have the cannon yet you're playing wrong. holy poo poo i love popping a pellet and doing a 1/4 bar+ worth of damage to basically any boss.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hubris.height posted:

i haven't used it on a boss yet but when i use it on the npc hunters it does like no damage i'm kinda disappointed

are you close enough? the range is deceptive. also are you using bone marrow ash and have you leveled it up to like 6 or higher?

i hit celestial emissary for 40% of his life bar with one volley. would have two shotted him if one of his mooks didn't step in front of it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hubris.height posted:

i'll give it a shot next time i attempt the daught of cosmos

I'm gonna fight her now and apparently you can aim for the head and do ultra damage

edit: 1400 in one shot isn't too shabby

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 26, 2015

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

NickRoweFillea posted:

they nerfed it to where it takes 12 bullets instead of ten. :(

yeah there's a run that gives you +4 QSB to compensate.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

i think the wet nurse was a cool boss but a pretty easy fight; i only died because I rolled directly into that one wind up uppercut slash like an idiot

I think she's the most annoying by far because its like 4 solid minutes where the safe move is to walk in a lazy circle and dodge every so often from the clones. if you don't try to fight her in the fog there's like zero challenge.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ah greed

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I spent an hour doing work while hiding behind a rock from the brain ladies in NoM because their hummin' is amazing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AHungryRobot posted:

Where else would you plug it in then?

the sony branded ones have a transmitter dongle that goes in the system iirc.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i didnt want to admit i dont have headphones good enough to have a full bloodborne experience

vita headphones are like 7 dollars and are very good headset mic if you can stand their design as not so much ear buds but ear plugs with speakers in them. I had to switch out the pads for one of the smaller sizes that come in the box because the largest are crazy huge but the mediums fit amazing and sound very good through a ds4

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Neurosis posted:

the headphone jack is nice but i really prefer the 360 controller's layout

nah. without getting into the asymmetry debate because that doesn't matter, the placement of the dpad below the analog stick is very bad. on the ds4 you can still use the dpad buttons in a pinch without removing your thumb from the stick. on 360 the dpad functions are inaccessible unless you use your face.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

It would be nice if in bloodborne you could go take a boss' dried up blood to a weird bird lady to exchange it for a cool new weapon

hunters tools would have been great boss rewards. also more key items that can be broken down into gems but also have other uses if you don't

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SM64Guy posted:

hows the whip, i summoned some japanese dude who terrorized the blood starved beast with it

its good for range on bosses and geometry abuse but the damage sucks for late game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

whip is good to mix things up because the damage output is never going to let you brute force enemies. it makes you kinda toe the line of their range all the time and try to just hit them at the edge of your hit box. it's fun and mobile

agreed. i'm glad it was my starting weapon.
Axe is too good for a starter imo. cleaver is pretty good balance.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sector_corrector posted:

is there anything i could be doing other than forbidden woods at the moment? (aside from running chalice dungeons)

there's the hunter's workshop, but the top of that has a locked door i can't access...

hemwick, the gaol, and old yarnam are optional at that point and if you talk to the first house in the woods you get a key to another place too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The jump between NG and NG+ seems more extreme in this game than any of the other souls games. I never played dark souls NG+ further than ringing he bells though so idk if that gets harder but the bosses have so much freaking health the second time around

+10 LHS with +phys gems and 30/30 stats needs 3 transformed r1 attacks to kill the first townsperson in ng+. That's pretty rough but i guess on par with a +0 weapon with base stats in NG.

Since nothing really changes, i'm mainly pvp'ing and chalicing in NG+

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bt is only important if you're doing a chiklage/evelyn character even the cannon doesn't need it to do big damage.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm hoping dlc can make some cool pvp chalice modes.
new main game areas are a given .

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

you can parry the heal animation. its tricky but cool.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sector_corrector posted:

wow, castle cainhurst has some tough motherfuckers in it

once you're inside its all super slow ghost ladies. though the flee things outside are is very tough i agree.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sector_corrector posted:

i would be willing to do a co-op run. it's a lot easier since they added passwords, but i haven't fooled around w/ those yet.

They work but it can take longer than you'd think to link up.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

By the time I started Mensis I had 99 insight :downsgun:

Ashen Hunter set and Beak Mask very crucial- and gently caress the brain-beholders

but that hummin' is cool

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sector_corrector posted:

yeah, that's one thing i think BB is better at than either dark souls game, making good use of vantage points and scenery to give you a feeling of accomplishment when you get back to a certain area. like i mentioned before, looking down on Amelia's arena from the entrance to Eberitas' and realizing how far you've progressed since then.

The only thing i feel is underdevelopled about bb's map design is that i feel like the shortcuts that go between different zones (for instance paarl-old yarnham) are under utilized. You open them but there's no real reason to go through more than once.

I kinda wish there were more places like the blacksmith tower in ds1 where multiple areas shared the same spawn point or opening the doors in the aquaduct/undead burg got you in and out of lower burg/the depths without a new bonfire.

the woods/clinic path is a good example of this done well in bb. Like why not have an elevator activate in upper ward that brings you down to the lantern in the lower cathedral after you beat the boss? why put two lanterns right on top of another one?

that's probably enough nitpicking of a basically perfect game world though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

stoutfish posted:

being able to teleport between bonfires at the very start means there is little reason to due amazing shortcuts.

yeah i figured. my solution would have been fewer bonfires and more shortcuts instead but i'm a putz on the internet and loved the game anyway.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sector_corrector posted:

a similar gripe is that there's never the same feeling of firelink, since oedon chapel has a similar purpose, but you have to go out of your way to port back there from the dream

yeah that was annoying. I was really expecting at some point that the dream would end and you'd wake up in the abandoned one as a huge mindfuck and the nearby chapel was close enough that it could be your new base or whatever. they way they did it i basically only went back for the npc items when i remembered.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cane is good for distance but i won't probably pick it again because the axe makes the first half the game much faster.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

new patch is all super amazing stuff and fair balance changes. password multiplayer now ignores player level !!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Evil Eagle posted:

The hardest part so far was the hunter in the Grand Cathedral who uses the seppuku katana and double shot pistol, but I eventually took him out and got the crow's equip set.

If anybody wants to cheese this guy, wait til he goes into his life draining stance and run away and the ai will stay in that stance until he dies