Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

i havent been following the game at all, i know its victorian dark souls since now victorian england is the really cool place to set all your games, havent seen any of the bosses or gameplay, and am hoping to have a good time when i play it. namaste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Game is very good, sword cane that turns into a sword whip is awesome, first boss has way too much health but the second one is really good. Namaste

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I rescued a prostitute and she said the only way she could repay is with her blood and I refused the treatment because this is the first time i have ever seriously been concerned that my character was going to catch AIDS

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

same, but instead I took her blood

what happened

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

By using the "create a similar face" button you can get some real mutants.

And of course all your hair colors are still on RGB sliders

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The game is 2 patches away from perfect. One to let me compare items at the store to what I have equipped, and one to fix the loading

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Psycobladder posted:

Hey man you do what you gotta do to get through. Hey so is there nothing you can do in Cathedral Ward after beatin Gascoin? I'm just wondering if im missing something or if I just have to go to Old Yarnham next.

Old Yarnham is next in terms of difficulty but it's optional; the next area in terms of progression is through a gate that needs the 10000 soul key

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

When you get to the enemy hunter with a lot of hp on top of the gun tower in Old yarnham you can just dodge his gun, run up and combo attack him til he falls off the tower lol... The badge he drops will be lost though so you have to go to hunters dream and back to get the item to spawn again on top of the tower.

You can just quit the game and reload and the items will be where he spawns

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

01011001 posted:

probably gonna have to trick him into falling off like someone mentioned above

you trick him by repeatedly shooting him in the face with your gun

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

i made it to what looked like a church in old yharnam with a bunch of burning crosses outside it. i saw inside that there was a big thing just sort of breathing and waiting. i said gently caress that and ran to safety and used my blood echoes in peace

old yarnham is the deep south of the bloodborne world

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Beat my first chalice, first boss was serious effort, second boss was a chump and the third was an awesome fight

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

hubris.height posted:

how do i trick that bitch off his tower

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

you trick him by repeatedly shooting him in the face with your gun

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Psycobladder posted:

I think it's hilarious that you can upgrade your torch, it does poo poo load of damage against beasts, I also picked the Cruel Fate origin so the arcane boost is pretty decent on it,it was way useful in old Yarnham.

Just use the flamethrower

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

After dying to the boss on the first level of this chalice dungeon over 10 times in a row, I have come to the conclusion that I am bad at this game

That boss is the hardest part of the whole dungeon congrats

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah the whole "hitting gives healing" and the fact that a lot of bosses actually go apeshit if you put a lot of distance between them is to try and break the souls habit of frantically rolling behind a pillar to drink some fanta during boss fights

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

zen death robot posted:

There aren't any enemies in the Hunters Dream area so I guess it's "easy" if you run around swinging your weapon around when there's nothing around.

i dropped my controller while i was going up to talk to her, and accidentally whacked her but she seemed chill about it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Psycobladder posted:

Holy poo poo I was not expecting all this lovecratian poo poo to be happening based off the early part of the game, the enemies and locations and poo poo are continuing to get creepier and crazier as I keep going, it's pretty awesome.

Yah,

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Also i think the reason this game has the best feeling combat of any souls game is because they could balance every single fight knowing exactly how every player is able to dodge and roughly how much damage they take per hit

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

01011001 posted:

is bloodtinge or arcane worth it at all past a few points? i mean i was gonna go str+skill anyway because i always have fun with quality builds but i havent seen anything solid for them yet, though im still not too far

You don't get any magic till late in the game but the magic you do get is some crazy poo poo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I can't find where to take the letter to get my carriage...

Same

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

zen death robot posted:

The labyrinth bosses are cool as hell too

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Killing giant lava hound solely with my whip, feeling like the most badass lion tamer ever

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

zen death robot posted:

That said, I killed shadow of Yarnham the first time without dying at 30+ insight

Same; i just kept the gigantic tombstone between me and the fireball dude and parried the other 2 to death

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

A broken clock can also enjoy great video games like bloodborne

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

01011001 posted:

the bosses have their stuff randomized too? cool

The chalice dungeons are insanely epic

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Famous TV Dad posted:

frenzy. it has a much cooler implementation imo.

Frenzy is more like a cooler version of bleed

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

i got tired of dying to the shadow of yharnam so i decided to go exploring. some guy in the forest gave me a stone so i went to visit the church like he said. a huge nightmare thing picked me up and sent me to a lecture hall? then i went somewhere called the nightmare frontier where all the monsters are like something straight out of a lovecraft story? what the gently caress is going on!

the whole game is secretly a lovecraft story

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

i've just decided gently caress it i'm gonna max out this insight. eat every skull I've got and every skull I find, currently sitting on 80 insight

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the whip is really good for pvp because you can cheese it and circle around a pillar or something and hit them when they're on the other side of it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The part of yahargul towards the end with all the frozen stone villagers is legit the creepiest part of any souls game to date

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

has anyone come across any funny notes along the lines of "tongue but hole" or "massive chest"

No mercy for elderly

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

those fleas outside of cainhurst are not loving around

It was kind of silly because I got my rear end whipped on the way inside and then the entire jnteruor of the castle is chump city

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Whats a good place to farm souls? I was going to try cainhurst since those flea things drop tons of souls but theyre actually really really really loving annoying

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I killed the dude with the retarded hat why isnt the nightmare over

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the ooze people are very accurate college students as they just sort of are hanging out most of the time and occasionally someone throws up

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

zen death robot posted:

Did anyone actually figure out if insight makes poo poo harder because it doesn't seem to

The blue dudes with lanterns dont shoot magic at you if you're under 15 insight. I'm sure there are more differences but that's the most noticable one that's confirmed

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

You can also parry him

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

logarius is cool because he's basically a castlevania boss

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ive managed to roll right into the same wind up attack against the wet nurse like 4 times in a row now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Welp, RIP queenie