Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Although my first playthrough was like 60% whip. I'll be swapping this out ASAP, to what, idk

If your guy is strength, there's a great new DLC weapon. It's also a whip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ludwig is such a sick fight holy christ

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ludwig rules because he starts as the 'standard' bloodborne boss of giant 4 legged monster with tons of weird limbs and hair, then transforms into an awesome classic Souls style boss fight

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

guns dont do any damage no matter how you spec, they're there for counters.

Evelyn can do insane damage vs certain bosses with weak points like Amygdala

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I wish the beast claw let you do the moves that the NPC beast claw hunters have like that crazy spinning dive attack

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

dodging away from BSB is a trap because he's perpetually lunging forward; if you dodge towards him he just sails past you

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

So I guess this makes From 3 for 3 on great games with DLC that's somehow even better

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Taking out encumberance was my favorite decision in bloodborne

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

People are saying that Orphan is the hardest boss in any souls game to date and I can't wait to get to him

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Reading the Dark Souls design works translation is a great use of time.. they talk about the decisionmaking behind almost every notable thing you see in the game and theyre just a bunch of epic Japanese dudes plain and simple.

Heres part one: http://www.giantbomb.com/dark-souls/3030-32697/forums/dark-souls-design-works-translation-creating-the-w-566229/ Link to following parts are at the bottom of the post.

very good read

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

rediscover posted:

Bloodborne is my favorite one.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

whichever the other chalice dungeon beast boss is, not Abhorrent Beast the other one that's huge, was actually a really fun fight. Not particularly hard for a souls boss, but I just had a ton of fun fighting him with the scythe

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

if you're beastly or cthulhu-y from the runes, do weapons in pvp with bloodgems that do +/- attack to beasts/kin affect you?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

gascoigne was like 4-5 tries which is pretty standard I think for good souls bosses

I one shotted amelia, and only later found out that it was a huge wall for a lot of players

I lost track of how many times I died to ludwig and the orphan

I almost quit over Rom and actually did for a couple months over the 1/2 health watchdog

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Man with Hat posted:

Also, is the dlc worth it?

there hasn't been a souls game yet where the answer isn't "100% worth getting"

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah bloodborne is a no on PS4 pro upgrades and last I heard they were still deciding whether or not to do anything for DS3

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

So what's the deal with chalice dungeons? I'm not clear if I have to complete this first one to move on with the game or not. Can I leave and come back to my last lamp, or will I have to do the whole thing again? I'm running low on Vials, and enemies here don't drop many. I also want to do something other than the Watchdog for a bit.

They're 100% optional, there's a cool boss and achievement for beating the last one, and there's some enemy/boss types that don't show up anywhere else, but they can be kind of a slog to marathon through so just do them when you feel like it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

replaying dark souls 3 and man I'm starting to miss how unique and fun all the different weapons in bloodborne felt

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

I was walkin around with my girl for lunch in philadelphia today I saw some asian kid wearing a "straight outta yharnam" t-shirt so I went up to him and told him his shirt owned but I forgot that I've been lifting a ton of weights lately, growing my beard out and had on my absolutely badass pair of aviator shades on cause it was bright out and I think I scared the poo poo out of him and I felt kinda bad about it (he was prob like 16 and will never wear that shirt again if it means big black men yell at him about Bloodborne)

Hahaha

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Cool. Native and mesoamerican mythologies are super cool and seriously underused in video games

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I want to find every person who ever complained about there not being shields and smack them upside the head

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

They're so beautifully animated. Shrug, Look Skyward, and Well What Is It have gotta be my top 3. the Bloodborne gestures are close runners up, theres a great grace to em, but they dont have that extra sassiness. actually, the cape shaking is pretty sassy...

Even though a variation has been in like every game, for some reason the ds1 Joy (jumping fist pump) still looks the best to me

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bloodborne is my favorite souls game and top 5 all time games

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Thinking about playing Bloodborne again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bloodborne 2 has been leaked by Amazon Italy, this is not a drill