Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

what shortcut back to firelight??? gently caress ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
It feels good to kick lautrec's rear end.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
It's was crazy to watch my friend try to play dark souls for the first time and get stuck at asylum demon for like 10 minutes

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I got invaded at the start of mensis one time and nowhere else in my multiple playthroughs

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

the one in demons souls is terrible, and dark souls 2 is garbage, so really, it's an outlier.

I liked the belfry gargoyles fight

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

i was thinking...you know how you can briefly keep striking a dead enemy to regain health...what if that's intentional...to make the player feel th e bloodlust of the old hunters unable to control theirselves...

The opening cutscene to the Gascoigne fight where he's hacking up corpses

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

holy poo poo, i died to vicar amelia and witches of hemwick for the first time in... ever on my ng+ run. the witches seemed harder. they actually came back to life on me!

The first boss I died to on ng+ were the witches.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I saw people talking about a twist but managed to keep from spoiling myself. The plot going off the rails at the forbidden woods and the first celestial beings reveal were so good.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
The second half of the game blind is like living in an insane nightmare

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Fought orphan again today after several months and felt like a powerful ballet dancer

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I couldn't beat orphan until I took a two month break. Then I got him on my third or fourth try.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

I still haven't played the DLC.

It's the best dlc ever.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

yeah but u gotta admit the dlc cleared a lot up in every regard

I think the main game gave a good general summary of what was happening and then the dlc gave the actual specifics about the healing church

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I started a new character and ran through the first area in like 2 mins with no weapon and feel powerful

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
If I'm doing a chikage build should I just ignore bloodtinge up until cainhurst or does it do anything else interesting

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

pribably a good idea to have the stat when u get the weapon imo

That's smart

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

In Training posted:

I can't remember ever having a problem with one reborn but now I've died to him 4 times. There's always one every run

I died a couple times not realizing that I was fighting it at a way lower level bc it took so long to get to that part the first time through

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

they should have just added a second or two of animation to show the cleric beast shutting the door and throwing away the key when it jumps over the wall

He should've used his tiny arm to delicately lock the small door with a tiny key

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Uses his tiny arm to lock the small door with a small key and the big arm to lock the big gate with a comically large key

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Bloodtinge and chikage is fun bc if an enemy is far away I can just start shooting it and do some decent damage and then wreck it when it reaches me

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I'm trying to get good at going 2h, getting off a few hits, and then comboing into 1h and dodging away to refill stamina

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
My skill/blt is like 25/28 right now and I'm trying to decide if I should take skill any higher for that reason

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
my chikage is murking beasts and kin

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Isn't it like the regen rings but just too slow to really matter

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

got summoned to a guys world, he walked up and saw that my character was Hitler and silencing blanked me out of there. strangers in the night

Hahaha

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
The Old Hunters is the best game expansion that's ever been made.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Ludwig

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I'm doing chalices.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Reminder this game is the bomb

I played the DLC again and it's perfect.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Cannonballoon posted:

Welcome to Souls games.

It's cool because you have to fight the skeleton dogs again after you die here, and even more if you didn't find the other bonfire.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

In Training posted:

You can also run past everything like a boss

I mean on your first playthrough dude

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I started my blades of mercy run yesterday and I'm stuck at amelia and the entrance of hemwick lol. The 40k echo hit to buy them at the beginning left me a lot weaker :(

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

if you're underwhelmed by the 'blades imo they don't get good till +6 so don't let the damage output get you down at first, Hunter :tipshat:

I think I'm at +3 so this is hopefully the last bump before I can start murking beasts

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I just got my blades of mercy up to +9 and am up to Micolash so I get my blood rock soon :coolfish:

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Dicked around Yarnham some, got the Cleric Beast to about half health on my third try. I love the parrying system and the HP-regen rhythm of the boss fight, but I can't tell if I missed a lamp or if I really do just need to run past a shitton of enemies every time. I can't even imagine fighting them all. Leveling is a little obnoxious, since I have to run back if I want to keep my Echoes. I did manage to level up my cane once. Definitely feels like I'm still figuring it out, it's a lot less clear than Dark Souls but way better than Dark Souls 2.

Did you go through the dark house, that's where the shortcut is next to cleric beast

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I felt bad after I posted it. First playthrough feels are unmatched.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
He is the first boss and always will be in my eyes

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Benny D posted:

For chikage I level skill until I kill Amelia & then go to cainhurst right?

That's what I did but I put the last few levels into bloodtinge so I wouldn't have to wait that long to use it after logarius. It's cool.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I would just run through central yarnham from the lamp up to gascoigne via the shortcut. That get's you like 8 or so, do that a couple times and then spend the souls you get from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I beat the two big fish guys in the well on my first try. This is power...