Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
either way , i can probabaly punch the fume knight to death at SL1 but ive still died dozens of times on bborne ng+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
U know whats cool..... therell probably be at least 1 more miyazaki game for the ps4.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
FINALLY got the freakin beast claw. the ailing loran guys i had problems with werent actually that bad .. i got murked twice by the first attack and put the dungeons off for most of my ng+ playthru... but now ive went back and theyre like w/e.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
which one, abhorrent beast? just stay close to it + dodge left. i was using the kirkhammer in sword mode

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the guys im talking about are the Fast Zombie gusy who guard the switches and stuff. theyre not really very hard though. altho the ones using corpses as weapons make me waste mondo BVs (blood vials)(

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

01011001 posted:

the fireball werewolf guy. he's easy to parry to death but I was losing concentration for it halfway through because it took a good while

if u shoot him with a shotgun type weapon it stuns him out of using fire attacks. no parry necessary. and his melee stuff isnt so bad, hes kinda slow, and small, and u can mash him down with a heavy weap.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
iohhh the other werewolf guy. the silver one? dude, i like, plunge attacked him, then hit him with a full bar of hammer combos from behind, and he had 20% health left.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ive yet to die to a chalice dungeon boss... i heard the defiled chalice halves your hp though so im proabbly gonna die a lot in that.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
that said, im like sl 150 with 50 vit now.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

i got summoned for shadows of yharnam and the dude was evidently on ng+ or ng++ or something because they had a lot of health and i got like 50-60k souls when they died

yea they have like 50k health in ng+

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

the health didnt quite jump out at me, but considering i was summoned and got that many souls at once shocked the hell out of me

u get tons in ng+... im running around with like 800k souls on me lol.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

ive yet to die to a chalice dungeon boss... i heard the defiled chalice halves your hp though so im proabbly gonna die a lot in that.

scratch this... loran darkbeast just murked me

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
beat yarnham queen yesterday... super freaky boss. just need to kill ebrietas for platinum now... except im on ng+3 and shes too hard 4 me -____-

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
btw, just discovered the "share" button on my ps4 controller. now i can record myself doing stuff in games... what an epic console

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i've done shadows of yharnham by myself 3 times and gotten the last one to a single hit each time. i think i'm making the skeleton lords mistake, and triggering the final form of two of them at the same time, which is too much to deal with, and i should make a plan and stick to it to finish each on sequentially.

heres my cool strat that i might record if i start a new run to kill ebrietas: kill the katana guy first, then the mage guy, then if you kill the candle guy last he dodges right every time you hit him, so u can just run in a circle mashing r1 until he dies and he cant do anything.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I think the phased on them may be time based? I've had it so two of the guys enter the phase even though one is at full health

i think its total health of all 3 bosses based... so its actually a bad idea to try and damage them evenly.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

stoutfish posted:

blood borne seems pretty easy to plat? I think you only have to do like six chalice dungeons if you have good luck (or figure out a guide or something)

its not easy to plat because one of the required chalice dungeons is the defiled chalice which halves your HP and has extremely difficult bosses

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
speaking of which, just got the plat mysef :D.... ebrietas is much easier on ng.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i still haven't gotten back to it, but i'll give that a try

here i uploaded a video of me beating them on the character i used to beat ebrietas (mostly cos i wanted to try uploading a video lol):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc_OIJiWXBI

i can kill them without using a vial so this is really messy but whatever. also, i accidentally started murking the candle guy before the mage before i remembered half way through killing him that i wanted to show off what its like killing him last instead of second. anyway, you can see at the end how the candle guy dodges to your right every time you hit him... theres a rhythm to making him do it but its easy enough.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
my fav boss is abhorrent beast

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i kill the first round of spiders for the first phase since rom doesnt attack during it and then ignore the rest

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

the trick to rom is to trigger the same glitch I came across where when I jumped down all of the baby spiders instantly spawned and didn't use any attacks so I cleared all of them out before initiating the fight. this was on my second playthrough and after the patch that fixed the memory overflow bug so idk what happened there but it was cool.

its always like that

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

no I mean all three waves spawned at once

ohhh... my b.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

tbh i've disliked or hated all of the hunter fights i've done so far. they usually just seem like "find the way to cheese the ai" or "lovely battle of attrition". the souls npc fights always felt a lot more like you were fighting a real-ish person.

i liked them all but i wish they didnt shoot so much... or they had to use blood bullets just like we do to get extra bullets.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
bloodborne pvp is good fun... are u allowed to heal in it though? ive been healing but some ppl seem to go down really easy even though they had time to heal

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i feel like the fights will only last like 10 seconds if u dont heal.. it takes a while to connect + load it seems like its time better spent if everyone heals.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

you can parry the heal animation. its tricky but cool.

yeah exactly, its not like theres no counter for it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

i think it depends mostly on when you pvp. if your pvping at a low level the damage output is so low that healing can make it boring sometimes

do gems not make u do loads of damage no matter what lvl you are? like im only using 20% extra dmg gems i already had from playing through the game btu you can get way better ones than that.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
as an aside... im still getting invaded on my ng+4 guy with 50 vit, 40 end, 50 str, 50 skill and 40 bloodtinge lol.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

beat yarnham queen yesterday... super freaky boss. just need to kill ebrietas for platinum now... except im on ng+3 and shes too hard 4 me -____-

went back and beat her on my ng+3 char after learning the fight on ng btw... total domination. i think i got hit twice. i uploaded it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0w-u3FRWd0

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the ps4 is the greatest console ever made. whoever thought of the automatic recording function should be given a big golden trophy

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

hubris.height posted:

they also said not that long ago that they would release psx emulation for ps4 at some point but haven't said anything since so

nice. is ng+ really hard enough that i should be demotivated from playing it, or should i suck it up and plat this game?

its not so bad ... bosses have a LOT of hp though so you have to be able to survive against them for longer than on ng.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the real difficulty is beating the yharnam queen which requries u to beat the defiled chalice first, which halves your hp and has really difficult bosses.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

hubris.height posted:

does she power up from being ng+ or is that based on the kind of dungeon you create?

it doesnt matter if youre on ng or ng+, they dont get more difficult. i think theyre designed to be completed over the course of like 2 or 3 playthroughs. the higher the depth of the chalice, the harder it is. depth 5 chalices are probably harder than ng+, and the defiled chalice is freaking hard. two of the bosses in it took me 10+ tries each

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Was one of them the watchdog? because that's what i'm banging up against right now

yea. my advice - hit it once or twice after it tries to bite you and then dodge cos it will probably charge. it doesnt seem to really charge unless you hit it. if your vitality is good then you can probably survive 1 of most of its other attacks. if it throws up lava, you got lucky. you can stun it by hitting it a bunch when it does that, but watch out cos it explodes when it gets up. u take extra damage when you get hit while dodging or attacking, so bear that in mind, its important when u have less hp.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
pwnmed ebrietas even faster in isz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qD_MaCJbVQ

might be fastest chalice dungeon kill on utube? not that i looked very hard... i dont even bother to use bolt paper and stuff though and i got hit twice so it could be faster.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Hot drat, what was your gem setup for your sword?

I think I'm using a 20%, 21%, and a 19% physical gem. one of thems cursed and has like 3% extra stamina costs too. the 20% and 21% were random drops i got from chalice dungeons while getting plat, and the 19% probably came from the brain guys in mensis.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i need to improve my strategy of dealing w/ mindflayers since my current strategy is "lose a shitload of insight and get owned repeatedly"

Long weapon is effective

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

it's cool that ebrietas' arena is right above amelia's. that's a nice touch in level design.

i only noticed on ng+ even though i know theyre in the same general area. i love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

rediscover posted:

the video turns you on. that's weird as poo poo

Its normal