Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
and yet so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
going to drive around town and follow the UPS man until he finally delivers this to my apartment, the first boss of bloodborne is the anticipation

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

From the looks of it yah. I have opened any more but it has the same style of demons wth 4 distinct world's you warp to from the hub. I could be wrong, since I've only opened the one, but idk what else they would be

The Hunter's Dream place looks big too, I saw a few gated off areas I couldn't get inside

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
so some of the monsters in this game kinda freaked me out and made me scared to continue.

that's when I realized that the only way to defeat the monsters

was to become a monster

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
its always exciting to fight another hunter because its always so fast paced and deadly but I wish they would have toned down the "run away and shoot you with infinite bullets like an rear end in a top hat" AI setting on that one guy

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

NickRoweFillea posted:

I got killed by a man with a bag and woke up in a new area? I made it to a lantern and lit it to go home and now I can't go back?

I love this

I think you can go back you just have to use a different headstone than the first one

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
has anyone found the Scythe-Sword yet? That's the weapon I was looking forward to most in this game

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Bobnumerotres posted:

ive heard the NPCs are really easy to accidentally kill, or at least the one that levels you up is. is there a system to pay and have a ghost salesman ala ds2 or youre just hosed?

the only vendor is just an object you interact with and if you put the controller down and it accidentally makes you shoot the doll then you can still level up from her lifeless body

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the only slowdown ive experienced is in that Hemwick area, when I kill a specific molotov-throwing lady my game hitches when I'm collecting the echoes. also the blade wolves in that area are good for farming, they ususally drop blood shards and sometimes drop twin shards.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
parrying was a lot easier for me when I realized I had to shoot them during the damage frames of their attack and not during the wind-up

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
wait you can parry the Blood Starved Beast? I just kinda stayed behind it and slashed it until it died.

Also checking out the Healing Church Workshop, there's something making a bunch of noise at the bottom but I cant see it and I'm not sure if I can survive the fall to the bottom.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Sharkopath posted:

Vicar and Paarl are much harder bosses that I have to train for now, but I will triumph.

Im in the same boat, got a lucky pattern on Vicar so she didnt hurt me too bad, threw a bunch of those Numbing Mists at her too to stop her regeneration. Paarl beat me down hard though, gonna save up for Ludwig's sword and see how that works.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Got Ludwig's Blade and upgraded it to +5 and its wrecking everything wow. The L2 is really useful for stunning/instakilling single dudes. Sorry Saw Cleaver, you were a good friend for a long time but now its time to smash everything with a giant sword.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
lost 4 insight to a cthulu-head rear end in a top hat. Was a bit mad then I realized more Insight makes the game harder so maybe he was trying to help me. Thanks squid-head

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Psycobladder posted:

Anybody take advantage of those beast pellets? I've tried a couple times but I can never land enough hits on enemies to make the gauge go up very high.

do you have high Insight? The more you have the harder it is to go Beast Mode

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Psycobladder posted:

Is there any benefit to high insight? I heard it just makes enemies have new attacks and you're more susceptible to frenzy.

if you're super interested in lore then high insight lets you understand what some of the bosses are saying when they howl. Someone confirmed it with Vicar Amelia, don't know what other bosses let you do this

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
whenever I'm having a LOT of trouble with a boss I just try to get myself summoned to fight the boss, helps me learn the patterns and stuff with another dude and it wont cost me anything to do so.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
25 is the softcap for strength but you should pump it up to 30 so you can blow poo poo up with a cannon

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

THE PENETRATOR posted:

it's funny because the page is still called gyula but the name on the character list they have is now correct

But seriously i don't know where the hell gyula came from

someone was probably watching a potato-quality stream of the game on Twitch, saw the item for Djura's stuff and probably saw "Gyula" instead of Djura

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Finish the first non-random Chalice Dungeon, kill the Fire-Dog at the end.
Play the 2nd CD, fight down to the 3rd level. Prepare myself to face a new and unknown boss that might bite my head off or something
It's Fire-Dog. :mrwhite:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The 1st randomly generated CD I did had the exact same bosses as the very first one except the Undead Giant had a cannon for an arm

edit: ^^ Yeah. I just got bad luck on the boss generation

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

sector_corrector posted:

is there any sort of equivalent of curse in this one?

yeah it's the words I say every time I die to a boss.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

zen death robot posted:

Lmao there's a bugged out dog in the beginning area that has god mode basically. You can hit it all day long for thousands of damage and its meter will be empty but it won't die and it'll keep attacking you. At least it can't really hurt me much at this point.

that's the Training Mode dog. Use him to test out your sick damage numbers

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
So I've got 3 places to do now, Byrgenwerth, Nightmare Frontier, and Cainhurst. Byrgenwerth is progress so I don't wanna do that yet, so should I do the Frontier or Cainhurst first?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
well Rom's dead and now everything's all hosed

any old areas I should re-explore now that the skies are all hosed up and theres big cthulhu monsters everywhere? besides the cathedral area I mean

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the cannon will put the fear of god into anything you shoot with it

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Upper Cathedral Ward scared the hell out of me. There was also some kind of invisible enemy I could target but couldn't attack that really made me paranoid partway through.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

zen death robot posted:

This was the area I missed and I don't even know how.

the key to even get there is hidden in the Unseen Village after everything goes to poo poo so I wouldnt blame you for missing it. I found a blindfold cap in the area so I'm gonna try it on and see if it helps against the frenzy-on-sight brains

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Sharkopath posted:

now i can go the nightmare frontier, brygenwryth, and cainhurst castle all at the same time

but im afraid of all 3

Byrgenwerth is scary but short, and the enemies arent too bad except for that nasty surprise at the end.

I hated Frontier but you can cheese the giants by using a lot of Blue Elixirs so they dont throw rocks at you

Cainhurst is a bitch

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the shadows of yharnam fight was tense. I backstabbed the last guy while he was summoning giant snakes and I had run out of stamina, so I was just mashing R1 to get the visceral before any giant snakes showed up.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

hubris.height posted:

when does that rear end in a top hat in the clinic stop being an rear end in a top hat to me

never

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the only thing the game didn't do was just to plaster a "JUMP OFF THE EDGE RETARD" sign at the end and even then that's what the player messages are for.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

what, and actually listen to a 'treasure ahead therefore try jumping'?

im a very trusting person :smith:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

what's the message system/culture like on bloodborne? being a colossal easily pleased idiot, I can't help but cackle at 'horse ... therefore wheel?', 'try dashing through but hole', 'listen carefully, skeleton!' etc. in inappropriate places, but I don't have a good sense of the funy message laughs of bloodborne and its more complex message system, beyond 'reeks of wheelchair, no mercy for elderly'.

there's one level in a library where you cant reach a certain area on a balcony because a bookshelf is in the way. you could easily slide through it irl but because its a videogame you cant so there's about a dozen "no mercy for fatty" messages in that area.

also seen tons of messages saying there's treasure at the bottom of the elevators and a lot of gravestones right next to them.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i know that but that's not what i'm talking about, read what i wrote you freaking idiot!!!

you transform and then attack during the animation while you're sheathing the sword... without doing any other attack
it's different from the combo transform, or the dodge transform, and only exists on those weapons. gently caress u

woah calm down zaphod

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

hubris.height posted:

he will be dealt with, thank you penetrator

bring poison knives

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

01011001 posted:

i found the guy, attacked him, got owned hard and decided id come back to him later, then i went and killed iosefka, then i went back to cathedral ward for something and found out he'd killed arianna

welp

are you sure it was the cannibal or the dozen other ways she can die

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
wow yahargul post-rom is a hosed up place. at least the fuckin werewolves that are just body parts stitched together holy poo poo go down like chumps and drop bloodstone chunks.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Nanomashoes posted:

Did not get the plat for this game, because the ancient dragon is the stupidest fight ever concieved.

completely agree

hated it so much didnt even bother trying all the cheese strategies I heard about for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the sign for whether or not you'll be able to beat Loarius is if you're able to backstab him before he casts his huge self-buff. If you can, you've pretty much won.