Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

ok so saw cleaver is the best wep in the game right? stylish, high-damage, loads of coverage. am I missing anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

ok good to see I'm not in the minority.

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Use the scythe log wheel for style

glad we agree on this.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

In Training posted:

There's things called vagrants that are very rare

oh I thought you meant the humanity ghosts originally. My buddy (a Dark Souls fanatic) was watching me on my first run-through and freaked out when I encountered one in the Abyss. I also found one in Duke's Archives a while later--but of course it was on top of a bookshelf where I couldn't reach.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Vulich the Subtle posted:

from software makes games that are fun even when you're not playing them.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Gotta go ham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw4mi-QT1y8

I guess this is cursed rotten fetid but still, my hp is slashed

I used to always do the beat the legs in phase 3 until I decided not too. I had a +8 bowblade I was gonna use at the end but welp

nice dude, what was your build

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Killing Logarius is a pain the loving rear end, even with the Hunter's Axe. Is there some other weapon I should be using?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I enjoy bosses like Paarl that are hard until they're easy

whereas

frank.club posted:

Shartyr Pissgarius
is a loving drat bastard who is always hard

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Agag posted:

There are a lot of bosses that are tough until you figure them out, then you can reliably beat them. Only Logarius feels like I can barely handle him every time.

On my first playthrough I was using the extended version of the hunter's axe, so I ate poo poo against Logarius 20 times in a row.

Er, I've been usisng the tricked hunter's axe the whole game up till Logarino, who is now consistently pounding my rear end. What other weapon do you recommend?

Also I have a real hard time parrying Loghead reliably, does he only stumble and open up for a visceral if you shoot him in the middle of his long wind-up scythe swing? Or are there other attacks that are parriable?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

it's amazing how much more DS3 discussion and positivity is in this thread than in the goddamned DS3 thread

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

so I beat all the dlcs and talked to vendrick and got his blessing... soooooo he cured the undead curse right? So there's no reason to have a Dark Souls 3? DS3 is confirmed to be fanfiction?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

what was your build/main wep when you beat him the first time versus now

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I really ought to stop following this thread as I've only been able to play the game when I visit my friend... who lives three hours away. Every day I get closer and closer to splurging on a ps4 + bloodborne...

it'll go down in price soon, r-right guys?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

actually when you consider the fact that bloodborne just got a massive expansion, making 2015s GOTY even more amazing, it stands to reason that sony would start increasing the price of the ps4 now since the experience of playing bloodborne has only gotten more epic since the ps4s initial release

gently caress me

maybe I'll find a cheap ps4 on ebay???

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Agag posted:

I'm beyond excited for Dark Souls 3, but its hard to shake the feeling that Bloodborne was something special that can't be replicated.

really hoping they continue the design philosophy of "what if we did Dark Souls but with [motif here] in [location here] and we changed [core mechanic here] and [core mechanic here]"

I've said it here and in other From threads but I'm hoping for a souls game in a desert world that uses egyptian mythology. that would be killer

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

SM64Guy posted:

one cool thing is that its supposedly based on an unfinished kurosawa script

that sounds pretty cool

I'm (cautiously) optimistic about Ni-oh

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

that reminds me, demon's souls is a good game and I should do a run of it some time before DS3 comes out

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

it was probably that transparent ninja forest hunter

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I ordered a ps4 and am about to get bloodborne, but I already preordered dark souls 3... am I stupid, or am I really stupid?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I should have mentioned that I preordered DS3 for the PC, but I still wanted to play BB so I got a PS4.

I think I'm going to take off work the rest of spring. maybe summer too. in fact I'll just quit

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

killing Eileen just to get the blades early? smdh. you guys are jerks

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

blade of mercy is really fun to use, but it's not quite effective on bosses due to the small per-hit damage. that's why I've got my buddy mr. tonitrus as my secondary

also I wish the walk to logarius wasn't so long. he's so hard, I'm afraid I'll never get to try out the chikage or the wheel :cry:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

1) it has a 1.25x damage modifier on dodge attacks
2) there are two shortcuts that you can combine to make the run easier

In Training posted:

you may be missing a shortcut. Logarius run can be about 30 seconds

starting at the lamp, I take the elevator, run down the hallway to the ladder previously hidden by a bookcase, climb up, go up the spiral stairs to roof, run along the rooftops until I get to the fight. did I miss anything?

It seems like a long run to me, maybe I'm just spoiled because I've been doing a lot of chalice runs

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

if miyazaki quits video games I will become a game developer and make souls-like games for the rest of my life. screenshot this

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Flying Squirrel posted:

So wait, can you go summon Father G and go knock on his daughter's window?

I tried it and sadly it seems big daddy G is too far-gone to recognize his own daughter :(

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

bloodletting beast is quite difficult, even with my beastkilling saw spear

speaking of, it's pretty funny how JSF develops a really nice theory about bloodletting beast only for it to be completely btfo by the DLC (I like how he compared it to SOTFS when instead of Aldia subtly hinted as being the dragon he turns out to be "a big bonfire with a nose")

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

I am going to dearly miss posting here about Bloodborne after April 12th, the date my copy of Dark Souls 3 arrives

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

glad I'm not the only one. after playing dark souls and bloodborne I don't know how I'm going to play anything else without thinking "man I wish there was a souls game set in this universe"

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Anybody got any build ideas? I'm on a jill-of-all-trades-except-bloodtinge character right now, next I'll probably do a critical path bloodtinge run. What else could I try?

pure arcane is scary 2 me :kiddo:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I've decided I'm gonna do a skilltinge build, I haven't decided on who I'm modeling my character after though

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Maybe I'll grab the constable set and play as Rufus Sewell's character in Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i think you could put together a pretty good captain kronos cosplay if you wanted to base it off a movie that wasn't unmitigated trash

but my movie literacy consists only of unmitigated trash, sir

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I thought the boom hammer was kind of underwhelming in design*

*compared to the other weapons in BB, not in general

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

tumor looking batty posted:

I still haven't beaten Amygdala in Defiled Chalice. She always one shots me when I get to her third form. Spent two hours tonight trying. gently caress. YOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5beELNry1Xc

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the only ds2 music I remember thinking "wow this is really good" was sinh's. good fight too

In Training posted:

I wish he would make a Bloodborne 2 in space

you mean Demon's Souls 3 in space. because bloodborne is demon's souls 2 but with werewolves and lovecraft

other souls games on my wishlist:
egypt souls (with some mediterranean and fertile crescent influence)
wild west souls (red dead redemption souls basically)
moe souls

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I saw the opening cutscene and japanese release trailer and cut myself off after that. but thanks to youtube "helpfully" recommending vaati's playthrough videos and twitter autoplaying gameplay footage, I'm still getting spoilers

:(

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

running into the aliens in the forest the firs time feels

watched my friend playthrough the game when it came out b/c he had a ps4 and I didn't, we freaked the gently caress out. "THAT is an ALIEN. that is a loving alien. WHAT THE gently caress." for about 5 minutes. it was a good time

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lol what is this hosed insight cost for upgrade materials

blood shard: 1 insight, good deal
twin blood shard: 2 insight, good deal
blood chunk: twenty motherfucking insight, poo poo deal
blood stone: 60 insight, good deal

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lol yeah I guess spoilering is kind of silly in hindsight. it's reflex at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

cursed chalices... oof, oh man, oh, oh man *shakes with rage*