Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I still wonder when he said they were done with dark souls if he meant that particular series or the entire formula

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm finally going to play dark souls on pc. Can I just plug my ds3 in? Do I really need dsfix

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I cannot wait to see blighttown at an acceptable framerate

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I went through a phase where I played chalice dungeons for several hours a day and I don't regret any of it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

im just gonna say it. bloodborne is the greatest console game ever made

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

change after every boss. and you have to use a weapon u havent used on the boss b4. you have to fight all of the bosses and you cant buy extra chunks or purposefully grind them, so u have to strategise which weapons u get to +9 or 10. neway i just made that up on the spot so no idea if it will be fun

Can you imagine the weapon swap mod from dark souls. Your weapon randomly changing every 10-12 seconds during boss encounters

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Well poo poo, I'm going to go do that. I've tied like 10 times in a row to the Watchdog's stupid charge attacks, and while I'm sure that it's the Bloodborne version of the Chrysalis I'd still like to do something else.

*fau trying to dodge the watchdog* No... I can't do it!

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Fungah! posted:

a sci-fi souls game set aon a generation ship thats gone insane and mutated all th people into freaks and monsters nd you're pursued by a relly huge hosed up one the whole time

respawns in tht one ate a cloning machine tht makes a new copy ofy ou whenever you die

Yes I too have played system shock

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Plebian Parasite posted:

phew, got up to cleric beast tonight before i stopped, got him just shy of halfway hp on my first try so hopefully I don't need to run into this particular wall too many times before i kill it, plus now i can finally level up and upgrade gear in the hunters dream so should be ok.

:allears:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i'm playing this again, and i'm sort of pissed at myself because i got really bad after not playing souls games for a few months. i actually died to blood starved... -_-

Did you try avoiding the foul beasts attacks

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The next FROM/SONY thing is supposed to be revealed during the sony conference, some internet guy who has leaked correct stuff in the past put out info about it but who knows how accurate it is

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i would be very surprised at a bloodborne 2, but hell, ecstatic

Its definitely not going to be bloodborne 2. Supposedly its called PHANTOM WAIL and is a spiritual continuation of the souls formula in an ancient aztec/maya aesthetic with a focus on unarmed combat and fighting styles

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

This guy was right about bloodborne, DS3 and the first DS3 DLC so theres probably some truth to his posts but again its the internet so

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

extremebuff posted:

something i didnt realize until i heard rich evans talking about it, in the first zone w/ the mobs of torch holding villagers, by a nice little shortcut there's one of those huge executioner guys.

he's not guarding treasure, he's not gonna drop anything special, hell he only gives you like 200 blood on kill even though he's 20x stronger than everything else in the area. he's solely there to teach players that they don't have to fight everything and sometimes avoiding a fight is the answer

Isn't that where you get the first blood gem in the game?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I run past 90% of the enemies

Beasts all over the shop...

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

one mystery i've never solved: sometimes chalice dungeons have messengers up in the rafters of rooms. like you can look up sometimes and see messages left up in the roots at the very top of a hallway, that you could never conceivably get to without some sort of exploit. but i've never seen how people manage to do that.

try attacking

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

GulagDolls posted:

is that the second or third level of the dungeon? my guess is that maybe its just messages left on the previous floor clipping through the ceiling

Remember that they use wacky loading tricks too, like how the dark firelink in ds3 carried over all of the messages from the regular shrine. You might be seeing stuff loaded in from other places

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

bloodborne is probably the best console video game ever made

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i found something i've never seen before in a chalice today. it's a boss arena with a gigantic bottomless pit in the center.

i tried to lure the abhorrent beast I fought there into it, but no luck.

I've done at least a hundred hours of chalice I've never seen that before. That's amazing

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

the hollow ... which i like a lot even though its mostly falling off the right branch to land next to some loot. and then the epic final battle with the mushroom kingdom

On a larger scale the dark souls 1map was designed vertically. I could me imagining this but i think I remember a Miyazaki interview where he says he prefers vertical design

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

extremebuff posted:

bb has cape flourish and contact

Dust off is my fav

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

extremebuff posted:

thinkin about the early bits of the game where you knock on doors and hear a social event going on the other side, and this bizarre maniacal laughter thats at a perfect point between drunk cackling and deeply pained wailing that makes you wonder if everyone inside is having fun or clawing their own eyes out

this game is perfect

Those are actual recordings of the sound team after Miyazaki tells them to go back and try again

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The real test of miyazakis next game is whether it will surpass the longest running thread in imp zone

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

extremebuff posted:

the game doesnt exactly have the strongest pvp scene, let people goof around with the numbers on a game theyve probably beaten 10+ times

its sad because pvp is so loving fun in this game when it works properly

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

anyone want to run a FRC Isz dungeon later this week? the first one i popped open had a queen killer hunter, and another hunter using a saw cleaver wearing the guardian of the old gods set.

Definitely down for this

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Holy poo poo has this ever been posted

https://youtu.be/LzdhTGaWzec

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

the project hes doing with the guy who wrote berserk (kentaro something i forget) is another 'dark fantasy rpg' that will probably be the spiritual successor

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

extremebuff posted:

if the ps4 cant connect to the internet it disables the dlc and all save files snd you have to play the game without the dlc..that is installed on the hard drive. modern gaming is epic

I just played my dlc file offline yesterday idk what you mean

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Just give me bloodborne pc + Bloodborne Maker and I will sign my 401k over to miyAzAki

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

sony's exclusivity on this doesn't ever expire right?

bloodborne will never see a PC release

look on the bright side ps4s are getting really cheap.

Maybe some day we'll get an emulated version with a 60fps patch but thats the best we can hope for

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Have they started doing ps4 games?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

im listening to the bloodborne ost and it really bothered me that I had to go back three pages to find this thread

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

im gonna do it. im gonna play bloodborne

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

what build are you gonna use this run

I really wish they had made it where everything you unlocked to buy in the hunters dream was available on new characters. I really want to do a fresh run with beast claws but it takes so long to get them

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

If we could have Bloodborne PC we could make a randomizer mod that swapped you through the weapons but also set your stats to fit whatever weapon was equipped at the time. Having to change play style mid boss fight, between weaker monsters... that would feel amazing

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

downloading hdream_doll_exposedfeet.zip...

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I thought it was generally agreed upon that what Miyazaki said about it was a misunderstanding/mistranslation about bosses becoming normal enemies in chalices but I hope I’m wrong

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqfZ5pQ0Lro

part two!!!!

edit the helmet on the first guy holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I’m too lazy to post the screenshot but the Bloodborne OST is getting a vinyl release with 3 records & a sick case and some art