Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
some people would tell you to stop at 100-120 bc of pvp but honestly in my experience you can just go as high as you want and still get invasions and coop and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

This is the first char I beat Amelia first try. Blades of mercy are really strong, especially the dash + R1

the side dodge r1 is stupid good. you can pretty much kill anythuing using that attack alone bc of how safe it is

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

apropos to nothing posted:

you'll be fast friends soon

patches' dialogue is really good

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i played the game a fairly fuckin large number oftimes now

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

her spinning uppercut killed me so many times. actually its the only way she ever killed me. the timing is just so weird that i would always roll to early

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

hubris.height posted:

hello page 69,

to beat rom, my advice is to kill his spiderlings first, and dodge his moves. they're kinda predictable once you get an eye for them.

rom is female

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Agag posted:

She is transitioning to Elder God.

please do not do gbs jokes in the imp zone

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Agag posted:

Its the literal backstory of the boss.

yeah okay gbs guy.... i beleive you dude, for real

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

IDK how people have figured rom is female but Id liek to point out nobody ever bothered to look up the nordic origins of sifs name in ds1 and find out its a female name

miyazaki referred to rom as a she in a interview

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

Congratulations on the healthy sleep

11 hours is some good rear end sleep

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

gascoigne rules and is good at teaching players that they arent playing dark souls no more

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

frank.club posted:

I was thinking "oh so the first dude was basically manos and this guy is like gwyn" it's just the first 2 bosses. Made it to blood starved

blood starved beast is a boss that seems really hard at first but is actually the easiest boss in the game. just stay close and walk left when he attacks, u dont even have to roll

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

untransformed saw cleaver has +20% damage against beasts plus it feels real good to use so it's my fav

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

frank.club posted:

This is my dream souls weapon guys

its the best one

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i love fighting vicar amelia. getst he juices flowing

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

frank.club posted:

I did it!!

grats. look forward to more incredibly dope poo poo to explore and fight

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

01011001 posted:

this except that i didnt struggle because ludwig's trivializes her

ludwigs trivializes a lotta poo poo

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

frank.club posted:

that was the good advice I was given. The whip can reach the vicar's head for extra damage. Plus fire whip looks cool

Lmao I got kidnapped

that's one of the coolest parts of the game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

Being kidnapped and exploring cainhurst are the coolest parts of the game by far

cainhurst fuckin rules. the parts where you're dropping out windows and off roofs and poo poo are epic as hell

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

frank.club posted:

Made it to cainhurst

cainhuhrst is epic

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

gbs mod cums early

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

micolash is a cool fight

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

i h8 the pthumerian descendant. nothing else in the game is anywhere near as difficult as that dude is for me. ive fought every boss in depth 5 dungeons with half hp etc and i can murk them all but i always get stuck on that guy for like 30+ minutes.

+1. i beat the chikage hunter my second try using only like 2 vials but this dude hosed me up for a whole hour

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

If you aren't buying fire paper bolt paper beast pellets etc with insight then just lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i saw one in the parish

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

yeah it's kind of a bummer. I think the only thing that ds2 did better than ds1 was to make NG+ feel like almost a new experience, especially when they moved a boss completely out of its original arena. Moments like that were cool but I also understand just making NG+ the same design but harder.

what boss did they move out of its original arena

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

The spider boss ambushes you in the area with the tents and it scared the poo poo out of me.

oooooo poo poo i remember that now. you could get a few hits in if uyo were sneaky and when you find it again in the actual arena the damage you did to it during the ambush would still be done

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

im at the great ithyll chalice and i just got past the first floor, so glad to be done with the cursed defiled chalice.

theres a story abhorrent beast? i thought it was just a dungeon monster

you only fight it in the chalice dungeons

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i didn't do any chalice poo poo on my first play through. it was cool making a new character and having a shitload of new content to do even after i beat the game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

amygdala is one of the only bosses to have never killed me so im a big fan as well

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

frank.club posted:

I hate this spider

what spider?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

rom gave me more trouble than every other boss combined. the secret is to just go apeshit and ignore the little spiders, if u play too defensively you will lose

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

frank.club posted:

I'll try this on my next go around but I just want to say I think this boss is garbage

smh... rom is cool as hell

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

frank.club posted:

You are the loving man what you said worked. Playing offensively... who knew that would make this fight fun?!

ya it totally changes the fight. instead of being really tedious and frustrating its exciting and fun

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i just kill the bell ladies and go ham on the little tumor thing that the legs stick out of or w/e. i think its his weak spot or something because it staggers him real easy and you can literally just r1 until he dies. +10 blade of mercy + beast blood pellets kills him in like 20 seconds

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

01011001 posted:

i just used the beast claws and pressed r1 a lot and won

this is the most effective one reborn strategy, or strat as it were

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

is there any weapon that's good to turn elemental? i feel like they always turn out really weak

tonitrus. it's already elemental and it kicks some major freaking rear end

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

frank.club posted:

Okay. My ludwigs is only +5 at the moment so maybe that's why it's not doing so hot on T1R. I'm going to grind blood echoes for a bit here. I think I'm under leveled. This game doesn't have the same enemies stop re spawning thing like dark souls 2 right?
The corpse out of the chest monsters are way way too strong

the corpse chest monsters are called cramped caskets which is FTW. but they're extremely poweful and murder you so I skip them. you should have a plus 8 or 9 weapon at that point and aso no enemies don't stop respawning

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

there is a shortcut to that boss that only has like 2 dogs and a bell lady between the lantern and the fog gate

is this the one that involves the bath teleport? I do this every time because it's really fast and u don't have to fight anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

yeah, elevator down, jump off half way, bath teleport

it's probably my fav shortcut in the game i can think of off top. it's pretty low key so discovering it for the first time and knowing I would never have to deal with the casket monsters ever again if i didn't want to made me feel like a BAMF