Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

yeah, I think you can stagger every boss somehow, but not always with the gun, they seem to have locational damage points. Like the first boss in the chalice has a growth on his leg and if you target that it will blow up and deal massive damage, and then you can keep targeting the same leg to cripple and stun him. It's cool

You can kneecap the fire dog and you can do it 3 more times during each stun it's epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
the vicar was giving me trouble but i discovered one trick to own the fight

i love how a lot of these bosses have attacks you can "parry" unlike in dark souls, and also unlike dark souls there are many other ways you can stagger them. ds it was just like, do enough damage to break their poise within 5 seconds and they stagger, maybe. here... im slammin this mother fucker and breaking his knees so that he falls down

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
for some fcking reason i kept trying to dodge away from blood-starved beast so i could pop antidote and chug a potion , even though i knew that dodging into it very easily avoided every attack and combo it would try

and then i was getting owned

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
poo poo just got hosed up in a major way completely without warning but it was incredibly epic and cool and idk if this is the final area but its loving hard

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I need to go check out a lot of the doors that previously just said "Closed" and see if they opened. I also wish I could get blood transfusions from the women I saved but they're freaking out and bad.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i need to know if my transition to endgame killed the old woman and hosed up the other two or if i'm in a yurt type of situation here

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
the zombie guy with the two swords... was easy lol

and heck, i built a random chalice dungeon using the same tileset, and he was a normal enemy in 2 different spots

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
are u making sure to kill the geckos (which are now spooky dark blobs of skulls)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
games like this need some kind of sex change and facelift machine... fallout 3 had hair and new vegas had hair + new face... why cant all games with character customization adopt this... im tired of being Big Nose the Jew

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Yah, at least all the ones I've seen. They're way harder to notice in this one

Some areas have ones that are massive and also attack you if you get near them, which drop more/better shards... i believe in u

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

I now have a Ludwig's Holy Blade +4.

pwn

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i didnt like kirkhammer at first but then my saw spear broke and my fire cleaver wasn't working (btw... u can socket fire/bolt/arcane gems into poo poo and change their damage... spoiler) so i used it... and i didnt realize l2 in the hammer mode had attacks that werent the same as r2... and they were better than r2

and now im hooked but saw spear is def better imho, i just loving cant get enough of it

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
gem socketing is better than strict upgrade paths... thank u bloodborne for going the diablo route *drops 3 poison gems in my electric mace *

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
ps4 facts: the only time i dipped below 20 fps was fighting 3 player enemies at once in a closed room w/ no smoke effects or anything, at a time when they all fired their guns. it was hosed up.
i downloaded bloodborne instead of having a disc and in certain areas/situations my hard drive slows and makes scary noises while my tv does the "your computer is dying" noise and frames start to skip but it stays a solid 30+

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Psycobladder posted:

Holy poo poo I was not expecting all this lovecratian poo poo to be happening based off the early part of the game, the enemies and locations and poo poo are continuing to get creepier and crazier as I keep going, it's pretty awesome.

it's loving, amazing

make sure to read every Note you find btw. not like player notes, but literal physical note sheets that are around

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
the academy is the most insane level btw... spoiler alert

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

01011001 posted:

good lord gently caress those rolling ogres

if the ones with the mace, i agree
but gently caress it... roll behind them lmao

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

01011001 posted:

i got some slowdown in old yharnam when going right up on one of the smoke plumes or burning things but thats about it

this but it wasnt slowdown it was some hard drive read failure lol edit: also in the unseen village , after r

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Question for those who are further than me: does the second tombstone only have the witches fight? I can't find another path in that area and it seems crazy short

yes
but it also has a secret area that you can only activate doing a different secret area thing
and it's loving epic :)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

zen death robot posted:

The new ps4 update that lets you suspend the game when you put it in 'rest mode' and then pick up exactly where you left off is great for this game

agreed
but get this - i only found it out because i tapped the power "button" with my palm accidentally and my ps4 went into rest and i freaked out

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
turns out there was a yurt situation lol
ive unintentionally dead-ended a quest because of it. There was another quest that I hosed up and failed but it can be done after 3 bosses so I can get it on NG+ easy

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
If you want to level up something else, in stead

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

01011001 posted:

is bloodtinge or arcane worth it at all past a few points? i mean i was gonna go str+skill anyway because i always have fun with quality builds but i havent seen anything solid for them yet, though im still not too far

i got an epic item that requires 40 arcane... and im getting that fucker upt o 40 if it kills me

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

01011001 posted:

second playthrough maybe then. are there really good guns that go along with bloodtinge or does that just kinda hang out

the highest requirement is 18 and guns arent really a damage thing but you can socket bloodtinge scaling into poo poo if u dare

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
how covenants work in this game is a lot better than in the other games

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Sharkopath posted:

I was fighting one of the bag guys in the cult town and my sound cut out and then came back five times louder in the middle of one of their attack screams.

Bloodborne Horror Game Of All Time.

lol

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

homeless snail posted:

its cool but its real disappointing theres only 3 of them and theyre all kind of the same. ds2 had so many sick covenants

There could be more. .. u never know

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

I can't find where to take the letter to get my carriage...

Hemwick crossing is the crossroad in the area hemwick charnel lane and u just go up to the clock

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Ng+ is hard but i have an epic boss strat to share... copying vid onto usb to edit in vegas now

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
they freaked
me
out

but not as much as if i had not killed the first guy with a backstab, if he had turned into a snake like some later guys i would have had my mind blown

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYFXzRKRByo

THE PENETRATOR fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 30, 2015

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
zdr did u get the cannon... hope so

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
dark souls 2 is a 2 hour game beating every boss...sorry nooblord but get good or heck, don't try to plat

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
teh emote in the pic i posted is "Make Contact" lol sppoiler: aliens are extremely loving real

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

homeless snail posted:

bloodborne is gonna be a crazy easy plat, i have like 5 trophies left and the only hard one will be the chalice one

i have
1) Ultra Gem (idk how to get)
2) All Weapons (just need the one from the chalice dungeon)
3 & 4) endings
5) Hunter Special Items where is the one that chameleons you into a messenger... what the gently caress...
6) i guess one for doing all fixed chalice dungeons?
7) upgrade a weapon to +10 where the gently caress do i get a blood rock

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Nanomashoes posted:

Ultra gem just do chalice dungeons eventually you'll get to the point where every gem is high enough level to unlock it. Blood rock is in the nightmare of mensis if you take the second cage down you can jump out of it and into a window and get to a lever that will drop down the brain that makes you frenzied and you'll find the rock where it falls.

drat... wtf... i pulled that lever and got teh funny cutscene and then i looked in the hole and didn't see any items

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
if tru i should not be running around with 100 insight

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I need to look the insight thing up since i don't really notice a difference after spending it all

*checks wiki*

oh poo poo so THATS what made the enemies different and weird poo poo start happening O_O

THE PENETRATOR fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 30, 2015

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
once you get down to it this game is really just A Shadow Over Innsmouth: IN A CITY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

it's good poo poo
i tried some other emotes and she just tilts her head and acts confused... rip