Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
is ps4 slim confirmed by a leak or something been hearing about it a lot lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm starting to think From Software is one of those japanese devs that actually enjoys making the exact same game over and over and over with a slightly different coat of paint each time.

might also be true of people who play their games

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
sony hires nintendo marketing execs; releases new ps4

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC_q9KPczAg

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i kickstarted project eternity because ibought into the hhype and it comes out friday the same week so im kind of hosed

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Nanomashoes posted:

It's SPRING BREAK and instead of going out and getting drunk like a frat bro I'm gonna stay in and play Bloodborne. Can't wait.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

SunAndSpring posted:

I wonder if /v/ will ever chill out about this game or if their asshurt will continue on for many months from now. I've never understood why people take Demons Souls and poo poo so loving seriously.

probably not. once people stop getting upset about it they will stop talking about it forever that's how /v/ works

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
cleric beast is a really good boss looking dude

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yeah that was real bad. it got to be hard to tell if i was stuck on a statue or just really bad at dodging but i still beat it on my second try.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
how do i trick that bitch off his tower

also, for a fun thing, fall off the back of the platform that leads up to tower gun guy, and attack the barrel at the top of the chapel above the giant crucified thing

it immolates everything sitting down there

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Trick him by running up to him and swinging at him repeatedly until he falls off

can confirm this method works

gently caress that guy, what a dick.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

sector_corrector posted:

also, did they animate mouths for speech this time?

nope

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yo the beast boss is a cool mother fucker and that fight was awesome

i really like the visceral attack system it is really rewarding to shoot a boss at the middle of his combo after dodging and then rip its rear end in a top hat out

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
is he trying to be funny idk i refuse to believe anyone flails so wildly at cleric beast

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i got a vial of whores blood

this is awesome.

also fyi i don't know how and didn't know there was a normal weapon parry, i thought shooting was the only parry for attacks

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yo i ran through the graveyard where you fight glassgow and there was a hunter-hunter fighting a hunter there and i helped them take the hunter down and she was like 'yo gw but leave hunter hunting to me, bitch'

i am gonna invade some peeps and see if that triggers anything there

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

zen death robot posted:

The night sky is glowing an eerie shade of purple, the moon is blood red and i just killed a man by hitting him for 420 dmg

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i just started throwing myself at vicar, that's a really fun fight but i always get chumped at some point for being cocky

i wish i had more fire things for my weapon she hates that poo poo

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
should I upgrade to the repeating pistol ever? does the damage really matter or is it easier to interrupt with? its literally the only thing I use pistol for

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I beat the vicar it was cool that sudden small changes happen to the area

should I kill the old lady holding her head in the cathedral ward it seems pretty obvious she is bad and crazy

also I died to a falling log trap and laughed my rear end off game owns

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

NickRoweFillea posted:

the good part of the log trap is how it releases, so if you are swift in your dodging and think youve gotten out of the way, the game hits with that last "gently caress you" the souls series is known for

yeah that was he part that got me and I couldn't stop laughing cause it was so much that

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
also yo I didn't expect re4 enemies to show up

gonna find the hidden thing with this gem an old swamp liver gave me now peace

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the hidden area is the one with the witch boss right? that was a fun but easy fight. I have no idea where to go now though after clearing out that area with the telescope and killing ameila and the witch

I got the key for 10k but no idea where to use it

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

stoutfish posted:

you need to find a guy behind a big door asking for a password somewhere in the grand cathedral zone. alfred might be around there.

oh i already found that and beat the three assholes at the end of that path

but i think it just ended? maybe i didn't explore it yet lol

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
no it wasn't lmao

she was a super chump. i was using ludwigs sword in 2h mode and could chain attack the summons, find a witch and beat her. it was a really easy fight i did on my first attempt maybe she went easy on me

Kurtofan posted:

dont kill her she'll give you drugs.

i see that now. i always suspected she was evil now i don't know who to trust

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
stupid sexy hunter

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i thought i cleared brygenwryth but i guess there is a boss fight there that i didn't see. i killed a hunter and met stephen hawking and assumed i had seen it all. how do i get to the boss fight?

when does that rear end in a top hat in the clinic stop being an rear end in a top hat to me

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

exmorte posted:

Look where the old dude is pointing in brygenworth and go take a leap of faith.

holy poo poo

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
so i found some loving rear end in a top hat on top of a roof in the forbidden village and told him about the chapel and now the old lady is dead and i loving want revenge

is he still there or is this now officially a manhunt

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
he will be dealt with, thank you penetrator

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

stoutfish posted:

there is an rear end in a top hat you need to kill in every souls game

should of sent him to the clinic

you can send people to the clinic? i had no idea

there's a big mean rear end in a top hat at the top of the clinic that i didn't kill because i guess you need him for sweet items later?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i did that at the start of the game and it never was a safe place

wow this game has some serious depth, what is the trigger that will let you use it as a safe place? is it too late now that i've opened that door back to the first lantern?

i have so many questions

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
wanna start over on ng with all my current poo poo just to speed run and see the effects of sending different people different places wow woha

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
there is a memory leak bug where if you play for long marathon periods not enough moves from bosses can load into memory I heard on super best friend cast today

I don't know if it happens with rest mode or not

but that might explain the ease

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

does exiting to main menu before resting prevent it from happening or do I need to straight up reset the console?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yeah i think that fight got messed up by the bug for me too cause i did it the first time

one dude only ever used his fireball, switching to the big fireball, and then dying like instantly in a melee fight and the other guy only ever dodged after his friends died.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I was struggling with yahargul until I realized I was just supposed to run through the whole thing

same

i gotta find the upper cathedral key and get grabbed by a hand still but i'm glad to say i'm done with that poo poo. my mind was blown by the fact that hypogean gaol no longer exists.

is there a ds2-like reason to keep the gems / relics that you get from bosses or should you break that poo poo open for the delicious blood gems inside?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
congrats gooned

I'm stuck on cosmos daughter so I went to cainhurst to level and get gear then back to unseen village

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro