Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
I'm gonna make a change.org competition to get bloodborne out on steam.

I don't have money to buy a PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

seiferguy posted:

Someone beat you to it: https://www.change.org/p/from-software-release-bloodborne-for-the-personalized-computing-platform

But goddamn people don't understand that Sony published (and co-developed) this game so I'm not sure why they're expecting a release on anything but a Sony platform.

signed.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib
I'm so close to just buying a PS4, please someone tell me I shouldn't.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

Anime Curator posted:

Sorry. You shoould've bought one a couple of months ago. Not at launch but 7 months after.

I can't get by the first boss :(

(game owns)

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

Real hurthling! posted:

mine keeps kicking me to the title screen

Yeah, it doesn't seem to work for me either.

Anyway I accidentally hit the L2 button when I put my controller down and shot and killed the old man in the wheelchair in the dream house, I turned of my ps4 and reverted it but part of me wonder what would've happened if I didn't.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

Sharkopath posted:

Blood Starved Beast was easy and I'm kinda sad cause his music and look was cool. Fun fight still though.

Blood Starved Beast was easy but I still died like seven times to him just because his one attack where he would catch me and eat me, killing me instantly.

I always had like one or two attacks left on him too.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib
Of course the Witch of Hemmik isn't actually one witch. Of course I relax for a second waiting for the kill message only to get killed by her sister or whatever..

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

NickRoweFillea posted:

i completely understand that, i was just referring to the whole atmosphere of the fight. Chasing a madman around a fog-laden library in a nightmare while he hoots and hollers about eyes in his brain was very spooky and cool, to me

Agreed, the Micolash fight owns.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

seiferguy posted:

I didn't think much of the plot of Bloodborne until I explained it to a friend, and realized how awesome it was. When I told him you have to rescue a whore then kill her demon child and eat the umbilical cord of said child, it comes to light how great of a story this really is.

I then went on to explain that this can all be undone if you invite the wrong dude to the cathedral because then she'll get eaten by him. His mind was blown.

The great thing about the game is that you can play it and enjoy the gameplay, or you can get into the plot. Either choice works.

This is true, I love the story theorizing myself but the game works equally well if you just look for bosses to kill.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

It's probably a mixture of both. I think it's harder than dark souls II but you can brute force a lot of bosses by stockpiling healing items, so there's not too many major roadblocks like dark souls 1.

I dunno, I felt like Bloodborne was harder than DS1, I never finished DS2, the only boss I got really stuck on in that game was Ornstein and Smaug.

In DS as soon as you got the parry down most enemies were fairly trivial.

Fredrik1 fucked around with this message at 08:47 on May 4, 2015

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

sector_corrector posted:

i've never killed a single winter's lantern in my entire time through the game, i just run past them

When I first encountered one I tried to kill it, but after dying a couple of times I just said nope.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib
That door connects directly to the bridge where you fight the cleric beast. They probably just changed their minds about that shortcut, it can't lead to a new place.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

Benny D posted:

Ts annoying but ive never done it with lower insight so I have nothing to compare it to

True, I never spent any insight on anything in the game, I had 99 through most of it and came out on top.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

frank.club posted:

I beat the game with the threaded cane

I did the same on my first play-through, I didn't even try out any other weapons.

Fredrik1 fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Aug 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

HolePisser1982 posted:

them making Miyazaki president is easily one of the coolest things to happen in gaming this decade

I thought you had to be born in the US to become president, but they really should have made an exception for Miyazaki I guess.